Baker traded to Carolina

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Johnny…….  Rhule is way way past the botched stage of the QB situation he’s at the point now that he’s praying Mayfield saves his job. If mayfield flops Rhules out and Carolina cleans house 

You would think but he had that bonding incident of the owner helping him take groceries inside.

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

13 wins in 3 years and/or 6 wins in 2 years. 

I can respect that. Jets need to start winning, period. 

What I was referring to, and what I also think is worth looking at, is the moves that JD has made and the team he is putting together. Right or wrong, I'm mainly looking at what he has done in 2021 and 2022. I know he's been around longer. I just think some smart moves have been made and we have a roster of young, talented, hungry guys who are going to start winning. 

My comment was prompted by what JD got out of the Sam Darnold trade. But I'm not about to disregard the frustration with the win record.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JTJet said:

When you actually examine the product on the field, its hard to understand where the supporters are coming from. 

I can respect that take. This team needs to start winning. I'm looking at trade moves, drafting, FAs, etc. And probably more focused on the last two years. 

Daniel Jeremiah made a comment some days ago that the Jets have developed a young, talented roster that feels like it's impossible for them to not start winning at some point. I'm coming from that perspective. But, they have to have the right coach (GM's responsible to get the right guy) and they have to win.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I can respect that take. This team needs to start winning. I'm looking at trade moves, drafting, FAs, etc. And probably more focused on the last two years. 

Daniel Jeremiah made a comment some days ago that the Jets have developed a young, talented roster that feels like it's impossible for them to not start winning at some point. I'm coming from that perspective. But, they have to have the right coach (GM's responsible to get the right guy) and they have to win.

I pretty much agree with everything here. But as good as the draft seems for the moment, until there is a winning product on the field, JD gets no credit. 

We've all felt great about drafts and FA before. Time tells the true story. 

I desperately want it all to work. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll be 100% honest here.

For a Conditional 5th, I'd have traded to bring Baker Mayfield here, and immediately cut Old Man Flacco and Mr. White, saving a roster spot for something more useful.

Zach succeeds, Baker is amazing backup for however many games Zach misses (and he will miss games IMO).

Zach fails, Baker is the solid-enough-Veteran-who-still-cares who can step in and play and win, and bridge us to the next Draft Pick QB.

Win/Win for pennies on the dollar.  

No, this would have been disastrous to team chemistry. This trade would immediately invoke a QB controversy, Wilson would constantly be looking over his shoulder, and who knows what Mayfield will still yet become.

This is a fail!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

They got Baker for practically nothing. No reason to throw Sam in. 

Agreed - plus the Browns would not want to add Darnold's cap money to their team total in any event. I doubt they'd have  accepted Darnold as a piece of a trade. They already are paying part of Mayfield's salary. That would put them on the hook for Brisset, Watson, Dobbs, and Mayfield - with whoever they can cut off that list. Still badly impressive. Sounds like Mac was a cap consultant, with a specialty in dead money.

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I pretty much agree with everything here. But as good as the draft seems for the moment, until there is a winning product on the field, JD gets no credit. 

We've all felt great about drafts and FA before. Time tells the true story. 

I desperately want it all to work. 

Agreed. Another important question mark is Saleh has to prove he can coach a winning NFL team. I really like him and his positive attitude, a lot. But we honestly don't know what we have in him as a coach yet.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, juxsta said:

Yeah and the good news is at least we got Robbie to make sense of the whole thing for us...He was kind enough to post this on his IG yesterday. The man is a true scholar ?

NSFW

What the hell did he just say

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah sure, nobody but Mrs Darnold believes that sh*t, Nobody, 

I wouldn’t put it past the panthers at all

and people have been talking about them bringing in a competitor for Darnold for awhile

remember that they made a pretty big investment in Sam. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Rhule ride with Sam again. Not saying that’s favored to happen, but there’s a nonzero chance, IMO

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn’t put it past the panthers at all

and people have been talking about them bringing in a competitor for Darnold for awhile

remember that they made a pretty big investment in Sam. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Rhule ride with Sam again. Not saying that’s favored to happen, but there’s a nonzero chance, IMO

C-Mac will hold out for a trade if that happens. The only play Sam made consistently is dumping off to C-Mac. Guy won’t make 6 games with Sam at QB. 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

C-Mac will hold out for a trade if that happens. The only play Sam made consistently is dumping off to C-Mac. Guy won’t make 6 games with Sam at QB. 

Does it really matter if he holds out? Dude never seems to play 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Does it really matter if he holds out? Dude never seems to play 

Yes, when he’s healthy he’s one of the best offensive players in the league. Gotta keep him healthy, I knew he wouldn’t last 6 games halfway through the Jets game. Not many players can handle that many touches, nobody for too long. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, when he’s healthy he’s one of the best offensive players in the league. Gotta keep him healthy, I knew he wouldn’t last 6 games halfway through the Jets game. Not many players can handle that many touches, nobody for too long. 

He’s a a terrific player, but unfortunately, given the position be plays and his rapidly growing injury history, he’s not worth that contract. 

sad but true 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Isnt Sam a good kid?

Right?  That's all I heard Panthers fans talk about down here in NC.  How nice a kid Darnold is.  What a swell dude.  No complaints about his play or his salary whatsoever, because he's sooooo darn nice.

• Haha 1

The most joyous consequence of the Baker domino falling is now the decks are clear for Minshew to be traded to Seattle. Say what you will about goofy Pete Carrol but who goes into a season with Geno as starter if he has a choice?

Minshew, Trubisky and Tannehill all starting again in the same season. Be still my heart! 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He’s a a terrific player, but unfortunately, given the position be plays and his rapidly growing injury history, he’s not worth that contract. 

sad but true 

Not arguing that but if you got to pay that contract you gotta get a QB that can do a little more than dump off to C-Mac, hand off to C-Mac consistently. 

8 hours ago, Bungaman said:

The drama isn't going to improve anyone's focus. It's not going to improve locker room chemistry. If you ignore the human element, and how people build teams and comradery, you will get a bunch of players on a roster with no common agenda. Fit IS important - not  just from an X and Y perspective, but from a group psychological standpoint. It's not fantasy football or a Wall St. brokerage house - it's a team sport in real life. 

This passage was pulled from the foreword to “Fall of a 2-Year Empire: The Rex Ryan Story”.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

The most joyous consequence of the Baker domino falling is now the decks are clear for Minshew to be traded to Seattle. Say what you will about goofy Pete Carrol but who goes into a season with Geno as starter if he has a choice?

Minshew, Trubisky and Tannehill all starting again in the same season. Be still my heart! 

If that happens I think we will be hearing from prez soon.

• Haha 1