Are the Jets coaches frustrated with Becton?

20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I have been saying this for over a year....  he don't have "IT". He cashed a big check. Probably knows with good advice he can live like a king on the 20 mil or whatever he got down.  He is NOT motivated IMO.  Just his body language and behavior over the last year or so. 

Agreed, guy cares more about his live stream gaming channel on Twitch than he does getting ready to go for 22’. 

it’s not the talent, it’s the mentality. He’s a huge kid with lots of money & probably has nice stuff he enjoys wasting days upon end using. Would be the life if he was a professional YouTuber. He isn’t. He’s a ball player & it’s time to play ball, if he can’t balance what he enjoys to indulge in & his playing career, he won’t have either for the long run.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

The 1st thing you lose is water weight which having bad diet most people have lots of (see Becton) and that comes off pretty fast the hard part is losing fat afterwards which takes longer and it really was a long time for me 4 months but it is not hard.  I didn't have a bad diet really before but I was eating a lot of pizza, pasta, bread, plus i drinks lots of coffee and use to use 2 scoops of sugar.  I 1st cut that down to 1/2 scoop and did that for a while and now i do no scoop.  When I was in my 20s/30s I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted and never gained weight.  I woke up one day in my 40s and realized i grew this spare tire around my waste and now I am back to my weight of my 20s/30s but im not done my goal is 175.  When I get there then I will go back to having pizza here and there :)

Ever watch the show Alone where they try to survive in woods for 60+ days alone and how much weight they all lost even the ones who killed deer or big game but still lost weight. they got no Carbs or sugar.

I do something similar.  No sugar/very low carbs from Super Bowl until week one.  Once the season starts I keep to that diet during the week, but eat and drink freely on the weekends.  

I don't really workout anymore (lots of stretching), but I walk 3-5 rounds of golf a week from late March- early December.  I'll do some light cross fit exercises during the winter just to keep my body limber for spring golf.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I do something similar.  No sugar/very low carbs from Super Bowl until week one.  Once the season starts I keep to that diet during the week, but eat and drink freely on the weekends.  

I don't really workout anymore (lots of stretching), but I walk 3-5 rounds of golf a week from late March- early December.  I'll do some light cross fit exercises during the winter just to keep my body limber for spring golf.  

I don't work out anymore either and spend way too much time behind a desk but I did ditch the lawn tractor for a brand new push mower and try to get outside as much as possible.  In the winter Im kinda f**cked unless I start using the treadmill.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

These guys have been pretty much in lockstep since Saleh was hired. It’s hard to imagine that JD would dig his heels in over one player - albeit his first ever draft pick. I’m sure the organization isn’t thrilled with him, and yet they haven’t made any moves on the OT front outside of a fourth round pick. I still expect a move there. 

I suspect they have some internal reasons for not showing as much concern as the fan base. Best case scenario is that Becton is on some sort of track to being ready to go when camp starts. Alternatively, they could see AVT as a viable RT option, or they could see the additions of Conklin and Ruckert at TE helping to shore up the outside. Would not be surprised if they’re monitoring a couple specific players around the league that they could see hit the waiver wire or be traded. 

I'm sure they have a plan beyond being 100% dependent on Becton, and I'm not suggesting "warring factions" per se...

But I wouldn't be shocked if Saleh and LaFleur were willing (or interested) in moving off Becton or focusing more on OT in the offseason but JD didn't want to give up on his guy yet.

It's simple stuff right? Becton was JD's first draft pick, he was the initial cornerstone of his rebuild. To the coaches he's no different than a bunch of other inherited guys, they weren't part of the decision, they aren't tied to him at all.

We'll see how it plays out. Homers want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend Becton will be an All Pro but there's a lot of smoke here. Hard to feel overly optimistic.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I believe GM's need to find a way to identify this.  There must be a way to minimize this type of risk.  Wirfs was the pick.  JD committed the 40 year old Jets error of trying to pick a diamond against the odds.

No he picked the LT over the RT because that’s what we needed.  Becton wasn’t a reach or Wirfs the unanimous pick unless we’re rewriting history like we do after the draft.  
Not a lot of complaints about taking Becton when he was playing.  Before his knee and all the psychoanalysis 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No he picked the LT over the RT because that’s what we needed.  Becton wasn’t a reach or the unanimous pick unless we’re rewriting history like we do after the draft.  
Not a lot of complaints about taking Becton when he was playing.  Before his knee and all the psychoanalysis 

Actually, even this vaunted rookie season that everyone keeps talking about Becton having, he had some injury concerns that were very well a real thing. Wirfs, Becton, that’s a debate for another day, but, it’d be disingenuous to say Becton didn’t have moments where his conditioning looked like it was impacting his performance on the field …to the point where he was taking himself out of games, several times at that.

LT’s usually aren’t in much of a position to hurt themselves, & with Fant’s development and reliability, the patience is lessening by the hour. I love Becton’s ability, I really don’t sense the dawg in him (sorry, Jamal.) that athletes have when it really f*cking matters to them. I’m just not convinced. He walks around upset about what people say about him on Twitter & then he comes into minicamp 390-400lbs. It’s soft stuff.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually, even this vaunted rookie season that everyone keeps talking about Becton having, he had some injury concerns that were very well a real thing. Wirfs, Becton, that’s a debate for another day, but, it’d be disingenuous to say Becton didn’t have moments where his conditioning looked like it was impacting his performance on the field …to the point where he was taking himself out of games, several times at that.

LT’s usually aren’t in much of a position to hurt themselves, & with Fant’s development and reliability, the patience is lessening by the hour. I love Becton’s ability, I really don’t sense the dawg in him (sorry, Jamal.) that athletes have when it really f*cking matters to them. I’m just not convinced. He walks around upset about what people say about him on Twitter & then he comes into minicamp 390-400lbs. It’s soft stuff.

I don’t remember anyone saying his conditioning was effecting his ability to play as a rookie.  
I don’t know how I can gauge his drive or that effect on play.  I knew Jumbo Elliot and he hated the game played solely for the paycheck.  Didn’t hurt him.

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

The 1st thing you lose is water weight which having bad diet most people have lots of (see Becton) and that comes off pretty fast the hard part is losing fat afterwards which takes longer and it really was a long time for me 4 months but it is not hard.  I didn't have a bad diet really before but I was eating a lot of pizza, pasta, bread, plus i drinks lots of coffee and use to use 2 scoops of sugar.  I 1st cut that down to 1/2 scoop and did that for a while and now i do no scoop.  When I was in my 20s/30s I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted and never gained weight.  I woke up one day in my 40s and realized i grew this spare tire around my waste and now I am back to my weight of my 20s/30s but im not done my goal is 175.  When I get there then I will go back to having pizza here and there :)

Ever watch the show Alone where they try to survive in woods for 60+ days alone and how much weight they all lost even the ones who killed deer or big game but still lost weight. they got no Carbs or sugar.

Is 5 percent water weight easy to come off?

thanks for the ideas. I will start Monday lol 

10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Is 5 percent water weight easy to come off?

thanks for the ideas. I will start Monday lol 

I lost the 1st 10-15lbs within the 1st 2-3 weeks lots harder for me to lose weight now as I am 6ft so I’m watching calories now too but didn’t have to do that for most of the time.

btw u need to stay away from bread and pasta or anything like it as that is just as bad as eating sugar.  Your body converts those things directly into sugar then fat.  The water weight is your body dealing with all the extra sugar….and bad circulation.

btw I’m paraphrasing here as I am no doctor or nutritionist.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was taking himself out of games because he was half dead out there after playing for 2-3 drives. The reason was absolutely conditioning.

He left part of one game with a knee and one where he couldn’t breath if I remember. 
Nowhere was it said it was due to conditioning.  And certainly not a case of conditioning costing him games.  

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

A weight loss coach is a real thing. A real terrifying thing. If you care to continue this conversation I can pm you as long as you are not disturbed by a fat man’s tears. 

I make cocktails from them. Hey if Skinny Girl works as a brand, why not Fat Boy Beverages?

EACE0BAA-2AC0-4EFC-97FE-BDFB887C6B52.thumb.jpeg.6b1092aedd92b0f4a3ef5b39dc91e01a.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Ur too late summer is here already so just suck it up and let the fat hang out of ur bikini

Fat people are happy and jolly. Do I seem happy and jolly to you? ? 

I stay thin via a strict regime of half a gallon of Coca Cola and 2 tins of skoal mint a day. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t remember anyone saying his conditioning was effecting his ability to play as a rookie.  
I don’t know how I can gauge his drive or that effect on play.  I knew Jumbo Elliot and he hated the game played solely for the paycheck.  Didn’t hurt him.

Seemed to enjoy catching that TD :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was taking himself out of games because he was half dead out there after playing for 2-3 drives. The reason was absolutely conditioning.

I believe part of it was conditioning, but I think more of it is a general lack of toughness.

I remember a former Olineman telling a story about one of the rookie lineman getting crushed in his first day of TC and simply saying "this game isnt for everyone".  Offensive lineman never come out of games for a play or 2 multiple times, it just never happens.  Either youre hurt or you play, thats the mentality, and judging off the last 2 years it doesnt seem like that is who becton is.

Obviously as a fan Im hoping something clicks because he does have a size/athletic profile to be a top 2-3 OT but the constant nagging injuries coupled with him not being in shape all points to a lack of mental toughness to do what is required to play a very tough game. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

A weight loss coach is a real thing. A real terrifying thing. If you care to continue this conversation I can pm you as long as you are not disturbed by a fat man’s tears. 

This week on Worst Jobs in the History of the Universe:

* Bernie Madoff’s Accountant

* Ted Bundy’s Defense Attorney

* Enron’s Head of PR 

* Ellen Degeneres Show Producer

* @The Crusher’s Weight Loss Coach 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Fat people are happy and jolly. Do I seem happy and jolly to you? ? 

I stay thin via a strict regime of half a gallon of Coca Cola and 2 tins of skoal mint a day. 

Becton definitely still drinks Slurpees

• Haha 2

Of course they’re frustrated with him.

The dude has the freakish natural ability to be an all-pro at LT for the next decade but instead he’s proven to be a thin skinned puss who taps out of games over tummy aches, gets riled up when communicating with complete nobodies on social media and can’t keep his weight in check.

If this dude could grow some balls, simply avoid Twitter and ho-ho’s while staying in the 345 range, we’d probably have Ogden 2.0 on our hands.

But I’ve grown increasingly pessimistic about that coming to fruition.

• Upvote 2