Are the Jets coaches frustrated with Becton?

43 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This is such a frustrating story to read as a fan, kid has all the talent in the world, all the help that anyone could ever ask for and yet still cant get it together.

Can anyone on this board imagine being 23 (age being important due to metabolism when you are young), having millions of dollars at your disposal to have the an elite nutritionist and chef at your disposal along with having the best coaches money can buy and lastly HAVE NO OTHER JOB and you cant keep your weight under control.

Becton has the means to live a life where every time he opens his fridge he takes out freshly caught salmon or tuna, have steak salads pre-made, multiple meals of chicken and whole grains all while working out every day with Duke and he cant say under FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS?

Its an embarassment and will set our offense back if he isnt ready to play.  I hope JD raises his offer to Reiff as insurance at RT.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Although head coach Robert Saleh has refrained from making his feelings about Becton known publicly, the suspicion that he was displeased with the offensive tackle came from what he did not say. Graziano’s report confirms those suspicions.

Had to stop reading here. Only time will tell but this is conjecture 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I will blindly believe the Big Ticket is going to come in and kick@ss,  until he doesn't, then I'll raise hell. Really pulling for the guy.

That’s my approach. No need to be upset now. It’s not like the let down is going to by any bigger. If anything, the length of the disappointment will be shorter.

I’m going with the Becton is going to kick ass. If he sucks, I’ll be disappointed for a week or two and mentally move him to gutter.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Had to stop reading here. Only time will tell but this is conjecture 

It’s a little uncomfortable in some pressers - you can tell RS is uneasy at best.  

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton seems like a dude who smokes a ton of weed and just sits on his couch eating all day.

And who thinks he’s smarter than the rest and the rules of success don’t apply to him.  It’s concerning, but soon we will see.  

Successful athletes come in many profiles, so we can hope he makes it and he’s willing to pay the price of success.   And I like the “guys who love football” rule going forward.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I will blindly believe the Big Ticket is going to come in and kick@ss,  until he doesn't, then I'll raise hell.

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Really pulling for the guy.

These are two entirely different things. I happen to think he’s is a slug yet I, too, am really pulling for the guy.

• Sympathy 1

I will blindly believe the Big Ticket is going to come in and kick@ss,  until he doesn't, then I'll raise hell. Really pulling for the guy.
Im kind of with you here ... but his mini camp appearance did not instill confidence.

I'm pulling for him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Mekhi should embrace the idea that he is going to work harder than everyone else. Not simply be bigger than them. That is the hurdle for many of us at his age. Realizing the god given stuff is no longer enough to separate us from the pack.

Otherwise, whatever, there’s 5-6 paragraphs in this “article” and zero actual information.

• Upvote 4

The most interesting part of the reports the last few days on this is that it paints it as more of a front office (pro-Becton) vs coaching staff (anti-Becton) situation which is interesting as they’ve done a good job of presenting a united front generally speaking.
I've heard this from exactly one writer .. connor

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The most interesting part of the reports the last few days on this is that it paints it as more of a front office (pro-Becton) vs coaching staff (anti-Becton) situation which is interesting as they’ve done a good job of presenting a united front generally speaking.

I thought the same thing.  Shows the professionalism of the organization.  This is maybe one of those “culture has changed in the building” things—coaching staff is not going to publicly air disagreements with the front office. 

I think the coaching staff has handled the Mims situation with a similar approach. They’re presenting a united front, but they’ve known for a long time this dude is not in their long-term plans. 

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I have been saying this for over a year....  he don't have "IT". He cashed a big check. Probably knows with good advice he can live like a king on the 20 mil or whatever he got down.  He is NOT motivated IMO.  Just his body language and behavior over the last year or so. 

Did you see the bling he bought with his signing bonus.   He will live like a king till 30 and then be broke. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

These guys have been pretty much in lockstep since Saleh was hired. It’s hard to imagine that JD would dig his heels in over one player - albeit his first ever draft pick. I’m sure the organization isn’t thrilled with him, and yet they haven’t made any moves on the OT front outside of a fourth round pick. I still expect a move there. 

I suspect they have some internal reasons for not showing as much concern as the fan base. Best case scenario is that Becton is on some sort of track to being ready to go when camp starts. Alternatively, they could see AVT as a viable RT option, or they could see the additions of Conklin and Ruckert at TE helping to shore up the outside. Would not be surprised if they’re monitoring a couple specific players around the league that they could see hit the waiver wire or be traded. 

• Upvote 1

I have to think that his teammates would be far more pissed off with Becton than any coach would be. They're the ones who are busting their butts to get in great shape and ready for what we hope will be a good season. When you see a guy not pulling his weight like the rest of the team, it's very hard to care about him. That for me would be the biggest issue. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Is fruit a no no?

You can eat some fruit

Any kind of berries are fine

Plus I like to eat Cantalop and cottage cheese

basically stay away from high sugar fruits like banana, apples, etc..

and that is only until you lose the weight

and when you do eat fruit don't over do it

basically the killer is sugar you may put in coffee/tea or the sugars they add to everything like soda, yogurt, cookies, anything really - look at labels.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

You can eat some fruit

basically the killer is sugar you may put in coffee/tea or the sugars they add to everything like soda, yogurt, cookies, anything really - look at labels.

you must have been eating a lot of sugar to lose 40 pounds in 4 months.  that's amazing.  i'd like to lose 15 pounds but i am addicted to junk food at night.  i just can't stop eating.  

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

You can eat some fruit

Yup, blueberries, strawberries (in small portions), and raspberries are my go to snack with some walnuts or pecans. 

Lots of cucumber and tomatoes mixed with spinach salads.  Cheese, cheese, cheese, pork and chicken.  Just avoid the bbq sauces and other cheap marinades.   

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you must have been eating a lot of sugar to lose 40 pounds in 4 months.  that's amazing.  i'd like to lose 15 pounds but i am addicted to junk food at night.  i just can't stop eating.  

Once you cut the sugar and carbs you lose the cravings for them by week 2.

The only thing I crave is fresh bread and rolls when my wife bakes them. 

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

The 1st thing you lose is water weight which having bad diet most people have lots of (see Becton) and that comes off pretty fast the hard part is losing fat afterwards which takes longer and it really was a long time for me 4 months but it is not hard.  I didn't have a bad diet really before but I was eating a lot of pizza, pasta, bread, plus i drinks lots of coffee and use to use 2 scoops of sugar.  I 1st cut that down to 1/2 scoop and did that for a while and now i do no scoop.  When I was in my 20s/30s I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted and never gained weight.  I woke up one day in my 40s and realized i grew this spare tire around my waste and now I am back to my weight of my 20s/30s but im not done my goal is 175.  When I get there then I will go back to having pizza here and there :)

Ever watch the show Alone where they try to survive in woods for 60+ days alone and how much weight they all lost even the ones who killed deer or big game but still lost weight. they got no Carbs or sugar.

• Upvote 1