Are the Jets coaches frustrated with Becton?

Connor :

Damn July sucks ... minicamp is over I cant write about a dropped pass. What am I gonna do ? Crap I got nuthin.....

Time passes

I got it !!!! I already covered Becton being out of shape ... I got it !!! I know what will get me more clicks ... iun-named sources !!! Not only in the Jets org, but between management and coaching !!

That's right bitches ... who's your daddy now ?.. huh? .. huh ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

I've said it before, but the only thing that can stop Big Ticket from being an ALL-Pro left tackle is Big Ticket.  

I wish, selfishly as a fan, he would realize this right now.  It's not too late to show up in a few weeks in playing shape.  Then put in the work next offseason and own the league. 

I've said it before, but the only thing that can stop Big Ticket from being an ALL-Pro left tackle is Big Ticket.  
I wish, selfishly as a fan, he would realize this right now.  It's not too late to show up in a few weeks in playing shape.  Then put in the work next offseason and own the league. 
I agree . But we have been begging for this for four months.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Who is this man who goes by the name Big Ticket AKA Big Bust with other unknown aliases yet to be released?  The stream of consiousness video game racontour, the Popeye's spicey chicken gourmand?  The 100 pounds of needless fat or the 300 pound monster LT that lies within?   Stay tuned for next weeks episode of I dropped my hamburger but can't seem to be able to see the ground under my feet...

• Haha 2

Yawn. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. This same thread has appeared on JN about 20-30 times now. I'll wait for camp and live action before forming any opinions.  I still find it hard to believe that Douglas virtually ignored the OT position in the offseason knowing that this was a big question mark. I think Becton will be ready and will start at LT or RT.

And send a message. Admit your mistake and cut him as soon as the time is right cap wise.

A picture says it all. Boomer Esiason suggested he was at least 390 pounds in that notorious recent mini-camp pic.

When that infamous pic was posted here I merely thought, wow he "looks like a fat ass."

This is organizational failure and JD has to own it. How in God's name they couldn't protect their critically valuable investment in Becton, seems unfathomable. You invest all these resources in a high draft pick yet you can't pay, out of the Jets pocket $, a chef, sous chef, nutritionist, etc to protect your investment? I mean do they just sit at 1 Jets Drive and hope for the best with a case like Becton?

This is a massive failure on Joe D's part. And it has set back one of the most critical positions in football on his Jets watch. To have a stud at LT under a rookie contract is a boon. But not if he's a fat ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 10
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, McNeil said:

And send a message. Admit your mistake and cut him as soon as the time is right cap wise.

A picture says it all. Boomer Esiason suggested he was at least 390 pounds in that notorious recent mini-camp pic.

When that infamous pic was posted here I merely thought, wow he "looks like a fat ass."

This is organizational failure and JD has to own it. How in God's name they couldn't protect their critically valuable investment in Becton, seems unfathomable. You invest all these resources in a high draft pick yet you can't pay, out of the Jets pocket $, a chef, sous chef, nutritionist, etc to protect your investment? I mean do they just sit at 1 Jets Drive and hope for the best with a case like Becton?

This is a massive failure on Joe D's part. And it has set back one of the most critical positions in football on his Jets watch. To have a stud at LT under a rookie contract is a boon. But not if he's a fat ass.

I think we should cut all the players if Boomer doesn’t like the way they look in a picture. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, McNeil said:

Yes, all GM's should cut all of their first-rounders who flash HOF ability because they screw up and make a mistake.  Master class in franchise building right there.

This has to be a Bills/Phins/Pats fan.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, all GM's should cut all of their first-rounders who flash HOF ability because they screw up and make a mistake.  Master class in franchise building right there.

No one has this much rage and scorn about the Jets than Jets fans. ? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, McNeil said:

This is organizational failure and JD has to own it. How in God's name they couldn't protect their critically valuable investment in Becton, seems unfathomable. You invest all these resources in a high draft pick yet you can't pay, out of the Jets pocket $, a chef, sous chef, nutritionist, etc to protect your investment? 

They made the investment and he ate them.  Delicious.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, McNeil said:

Boy, you people will latch onto anything. Boomer must have a future as a carnival weight guesser.

Edited by More Cowbell
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Or Boomer himself.

Best thing all can do is ignore Boomer. He is a radio host who has latched onto Becton I guess to help drive listeners

Despite what he says sometimes, Boomer does not have the best interest of the Jets with his comments.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Or Boomer himself.

Best thing all can do is ignore Boomer. He is a radio host who has latched onto Becton I guess to help drive listeners

Despite what he says sometimes, Boomer does not have the best interest of the Jets with his comments.

During the offseason a guess Becton's weight segment is in the Jets best interest.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, McNeil said:

These guys are adults. If they don’t want to live by the facility in the off-season there’s nothing the team can do.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, McNeil said:

nah

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Or Boomer himself.

Love people shooting the messengers as if we all didn't see Becton overweight a couple weeks ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Love people shooting the messengers as if we all didn't see Becton overweight a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, how overweight did he look in all those workout videos?  Get witching 10 lbs.  you can’t none of us can but some are bitching like carnival workers guessing peoples weight off of pictures that don’t show him overweight at all.  Some just get joy in trashing a player who when on the field, admittedly to infrequently, showed himself to be a player.  

11 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Many on here myself included did not think Becton looked all that terrible in the few photos we saw a few weeks ago. Whether that was him at 380 or 396 - who knows and we will find out shortly.

My comment is strictly referring to Boomer and the OP quoting him.

I will stand by my statement that Boomer is anti Jets and has been since he has been on the NY airwaves and prior. He has latched onto the Becton story as a way of having listeners see what he says next.

Some may not like that take and that is fine, but understand why the messenger in this case is doing a daily take on Becton.

I want nothing more than for Becton to prove us all wrong by playing 16 games of all-pro regular season football. His one missed game is planned rest for the playoffs. I will eat crow with the biggest sh!t eating grin if he plays well in 2022. 

I'm a realist when it comes to Becton. The guy is a bundle of untapped talent, but he has done nothing to show me that he has a big heart. When Avery Williamson went down for the season in 2019, all of his Instagram posts were about him missing being on the field and getting ready for 2020. Becton Tweets about his Twitch stream. 

I want to be SOOOO wrong about Becton that it embarrasses me, but I'm not preparing for a crow hunt any time soon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1