I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a VERY good QB

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Still the worst day of my jets fandom 

That is nowhere close to the worst day in Jets history.  Double digit underdogs on the road in a tough place to play against a better team.  The 10-0 lead was a mirage built on a blocked punt.  You knew the Jets weren't winning about 2 minutes after halftime.  Denver outplayed the Jets that day.  

There were more brutal losses than that. The 82 loss vs the cheating Dolphins was clearly the worst. The Jets were a better team and lost because of the field.  

Add in the collapse vs Cleveland in 86.  Or the loss to Pittsburgh in 2010 when the Jets didn't show up until the 2nd half.  Or the loss at home to KC in 69.  Or the loss vs Baltimore on Christmas Eve in 2000 in a win and in game that they dominated.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This thread gives me hope that one day, jet fans will be disease free and be confident w/ humility about our football team.

Post UK Woody, Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are leading us to the promised land.

Our young, talented qb is growing before our eyes.  I had us at about 7-8 wins but I might be upping that.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Allowing self serving promotion on another platform is OK.

These are the trolls that the mod's should be kicking and not long time suffering Jet fans.

Edited, nothing to see here. 

I think it’s time to prepare yourself mentally for Zach Wilson being a VERY good QB

I don't think one generally needs to prepare for good news.  

Bad news, sure, a little prep, a little warning is always good.

Good news tho?  You just enjoy it as it comes.  No prep required.

• Upvote 2

Still the worst day of my jets fandom 

Yeah that was rough because the Falcons had already beaten the 15-1 Vikings in the NFC Championship game and the Jets had already crushed the Falcons earlier that season. The Jets and Broncos were basically playing the Super Bowl that night. Still hurts…

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Be excited over a good TC but don't lose it when things go wrong. 

I think its time to realize it's TC more than who ZW is or isn't. 

ZW isn't gonna be defined by it.  He will hopefully have good and bad days.... and you all better hope he has both or it means we have problems. 

In the next day or 2 brick and the D need to adjust and make ZW pay.  A day or 2 after that MLF and ZW make the D pay. 

If is lopsided and we don't have back and forth it probably means we're deficient on one side of the ball and good/ bad days aren't an indictment against ZW.

ZW will have his chance for true judgement 9/11, 9/18, 9/25 and so on. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

And then followed up with Vinny tearing his Achilles in the 1Q of the home opener the next season and...

Thank god I was too young to be emotionally affected by that. Not sure I'd be strong enough to come back from it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That is nowhere close to the worst day in Jets history.  Double digit underdogs on the road in a tough place to play against a better team.  The 10-0 lead was a mirage built on a blocked punt.  You knew the Jets weren't winning about 2 minutes after halftime.  Denver outplayed the Jets that day.  

There were more brutal losses than that. The 82 loss vs the cheating Dolphins was clearly the worst. The Jets were a better team and lost because of the field.  

Add in the collapse vs Cleveland in 86.  Or the loss to Pittsburgh in 2010 when the Jets didn't show up until the 2nd half.  Or the loss at home to KC in 69.  Or the loss vs Baltimore on Christmas Eve in 2000 in a win and in game that they dominated.  

It was absolutely up there.  Atlanta wasn’t very good.  Jets win the Super Bowl if they win that game.  

• Sympathy 1

It was absolutely up there.  Atlanta wasn’t very good.  Jets win the Super Bowl if they win that game.  

You said it man. That’s why it hurts me still to this day. The winner of that game was going to be SB champs. Then Elway retires, Jets are odds on favorites to win the SB in ‘99 and then The Achilles in game 1. So painful.

• Upvote 2

For me, I still can’t get over Richard Todd throwing into the end zone to Bill Simpson
at Shea with time running out.
This coming back from a 20 point deficit.
I was sure Santa Claus existed until that point.