The game didn’t go well last night despite the win, but we don’t need an individual thread from everyone on the matter (MERGED)

Ghost

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe in Zach Wilson and Robert Saleh.  But if I am being honest, I saw Robert Saleh's team come out unprepared and flat, and I saw Zach Wilson have the same issues(inaccurate short passes and boneheaded ints) that he struggled with last year.

It is preseason so I am not super concerned but a mental note was taken last night.  We need to be better then that on both those fronts.

Well said, uhhh, errrrr, you like pork chops? 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

You just had to laugh at how much Hughes and the like were hyping up the pass defence only for Hurts to look like f*cking Mahomes.

He had all kinds of time couldn’t miss. Guys running wide open. 

He's been covering the Jets for like 8 years. He has no idea what a good football team looks like

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe in Zach Wilson and Robert Saleh.  But if I am being honest, I saw Robert Saleh's team come out unprepared and flat, and I saw Zach Wilson have the same issues(inaccurate short passes and boneheaded ints) that he struggled with last year.

It is preseason so I am not super concerned but a mental note was taken last night.  We need to be better then that on both those fronts.

It’s amazing how so little water can find the leaks.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

^^^ Diseased

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. Step outside. Preseason doesn’t matter. It’s gonna be ok. 

Every freaking year the "nothing about preseason matters crowd" repeats its yearly song.  Then the reg season starts and the Jets suck.  Nope... nothing matters.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So no Superbowl run in 2023 anymore as you have been cheering for more than a year now?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Every freaking year the "nothing about preseason matters crowd" repeats its yearly song.  Then the reg season starts and the Jets suck.  Nope... nothing matters.

actually it usually happens the other way around.  Jets usually look phenom in preseason, every starts the circle jerk, and then are out of playoff hunt by October.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

So no Superbowl run in 2023 anymore as you have been cheering for more than a year now?

It is going to take alot more then 1 preseason game to do an about face on where I think Joe D and Robert are taking us.  But I have to be honest about what I saw last night.  There is lots of work to do and problems from last year reared their ugly head again.  

I call it like I see it.  

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is going to take alot more then 1 preseason game to do an about face on where I think Joe D and Robert are taking us.  But I have to be honest about what I saw last night.  There is lots of work to do and problems from last year reared their ugly head again.  

I call it like I see it.  

So from 5 to 3.5 superbowls in the 2020s then?

By the way “calls ‘em like I sees ‘em” was the primary symptom of the disease you diagnosed half the board with up until Thursday.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly.  Wilson just keeps showing us who he is.  How about his first or second throw to a wide open receiver?   Had him for at least a five yard gain, but sailed it 10 yards over his head.  We need to face that Zach is not now, or will ever be, "the guy".

Same people who are defending Zach did so with the rest of the blech we have had.

We just haven't had a good QB in forever.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It’s W Johnson’s  psychological warfare,  the Jets are masters at marketing and deception showing all these great training camp highlights of Zach Wilson, having all this hype putting out crazy narratives.  While on the other hand there’s all these low lights of Tua missing throws etc. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Fins finish 2nd in the division with us last. 

10 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s W Johnson’s  psychological warfare,  the Jets are masters at marketing and deception showing all these great training camp highlights of Zach Wilson, having all this hype putting out crazy narratives.  While on the other hand there’s all these low lights of Tua missing throws etc. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Fins finish 2nd in the division with us last. 

I no longer believe anything but W’s. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

actually it usually happens the other way around.  Jets usually look phenom in preseason, every starts the circle jerk, and then are out of playoff hunt by October.

Jets haven't looked good in preseason in a very long time.  

They point is this:  They were unprepared. And that matters. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Query one: are you talking about 12 years ago? Query two: who????

Just read the topics that get overwhelming responses. It's always when something is bad. When anything good happens it's mainly crickets.  

I get it I've been a Jets fan since the early 70s . There's been tons to bitch about over the years but Jet fans today are swayed by the media and click bait characters on these forums that revel in trying to stir up crap.  There are lots of good genuine fans here but they let the masses pull them down the rabbit hole way too easily.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

If you can't piss & moan about the Jets on a Jets fan site, then what's the point?

For me there's a  fine line between moaning about a team we supposedly are a fan of and taking on the woe is me Jets suck SoJf sthick that permeates these forums. 

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just read the topics that get overwhelming responses. It's always when something is bad. When anything good happens it's mainly crickets.  

I get it I've been a Jets fan since the early 70s . There's been tons to bitch about over the years but Jet fans today are swayed by the media and click bait characters on these forums that revel in trying to stir up crap.  There are lots of good genuine fans here but they let the masses pull them down the rabbit hole way too easily.

Sir, there has been precious little “good” happen in a decade thus these “good topics” that you feel are unloved and sparsely posted in are likely PVO threads that are intellectually unsatisfying.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I call it like I see it.  

You can probably say that about 90% of teams playing their 1st preseason games. It's why there's tc and preseason to work on stuff  that need fixing.