4 seasons and 3 drafts later, the OL still sucks

More Cowbell

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Why did you expect that? did they look....

Efficient?

Effective?

Proficient?

Immovable?

Productive?

In ANY game in the last 4 years? Preseason included. Why were you expeting that exactly? There is no proof it was going to happen today.

The OL was ok to close out last year, added a FA LG. Please stop.

Just now, varjet said:

I like the concept of JD, but the track record here is not pretty:

• Ryan Kalil waste of $9mm of cap space.
  • Alex Lewis waste of cap space
  • Osemele Fiasco.
  • Takes Becton over Wirfs
  • Trades 2 third round draft picks to take AVT at top Rd1.  Not a horrible move in concept for a Pro Bowl LEFT guard.  But then he signs Tomlinson for $10mm+ for 2+ years to play LG, moving AVT to RG.  You are supposed to be able to draft RGs in the fourth round and below.  We now have spent a first round pick and $10mm+ on two Gs.
  • Feeney here too long.
  • GVR here too long.
  • Duane Brown gets TWO years guaranteed money and gets injured right away.
  • Best OL (Fant) has been jerked around and will likely walk.
  • Trade up for AVT and JJ 2 basically cost the opportunity to draft 2+ NFL starting OL (Christensen, Petit-Frere).  
  • McGovern contract expires like Fants, and there is no replacement on the roster.  

What have I missed here?

Can’t blame Duane Brown on him to be fair.  Unless we can see into the future nobody saw him getting injured right away 

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Why did you expect that? did they look....

Efficient?

Effective?

Proficient?

Immovable?

Productive?

In ANY game in the last 4 years? Preseason included. Why were you expeting that exactly? There is no proof it was going to happen today.

Dude, just stop. The OL looked good in the second half of last season. They have now gone backwards. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

• Alex Lewis waste of cap space/draft pick
  • Osemele Fiasco.
  • Trades 2 third round draft picks to take AVT at top Rd1.  Not a horrible move in concept for a Pro Bowl LEFT guard.  But then he signs Tomlinson for $10mm+ for 2+ years to play LG, moving AVT to RG.  You are supposed to be able to draft RGs in the fourth round and below.  We now have spent a first round pick and $10mm+ on two Gs.
  • Feeney here too long.
  • GVR here too long.
  • Trade up for AVT and JJ 2 basically cost the opportunity to draft 2+ NFL starting OL (Christensen, Petit-Frere).  
  • McGovern contract expires like Fants, and there is no replacement on the roster.  

What have I missed here?

I hate the truth..................... but drafting Becton over Wirfs.  Douglas and Saleh are being engulfed in their true skill package.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

• Alex Lewis waste of cap space/draft pick
  • Osemele Fiasco.
  • Feeney here too long.
  • GVR here too long.

What have I missed here?

Very compelling, counselor 

200.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, just stop. The OL looked good in the second half of last season. They have now gone backwards. 

What second half were you watching? The did NOT look good last year until the end and we wont have the same line we had last year to please cut the bs. There are 2 new starters so what does looking good the second half of last year have to do with anything?