Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh is dumber than I thought he was and I thought he was really dumb. Yeah coach the fan base should be happy about not making the playoffs in over 10 years, consistent failure, and your stellar 4-14 record since you have been here. GFY. 

Hey be careful what you say about Saleh 

He's keeping the receipts lol 

around JetNation.com they are like CVS Receipts 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/week-1-nfl-power-rankings-bills-chiefs-impress-in-week-1-drubbings/

32) New York Jets

Well, the New York Jets game against Baltimore went about as well as one would think. Joe Flacco starting an NFL game in 2022 isn’t a good time for anybody, including Flacco, who is as much of a statue in the pocket as one could be.

While the Jets made improvements to their secondary in the offseason, Devin Duvernay had their number in contested situations, and Lamarcus Joyner botched his quarters coverage responsibility that led to a 55-yard Rashod Bateman touchdown.

There’s no reason Mike White shouldn’t get a shot to start for this football team, either to improve his value as a backup elsewhere or to cement his backup status in New York.

• Upvote 1

A lot of you guys don't seem to realize Saleh still has built in excuses if this team loses this year. He's got 5 Rookies starting and a bunch of second year players. He also still has an injured starting QB which they will claim the injury set back said starting QB when he could have been learning more on the field. 

While I think he should still be held accountable regardless of what I stated above there's a good chance he wont be. I'm also sure some idiot's along with Saleh have convinced everyone in the organization that Flacco was the best choice to play in the games Zach will miss. 

Think of some successful coaches like Bill Parcell's and what he would have done in this situation and how he would have handled Zach last year. If you have any doubt it would have been different just look at how hw used to motivate Phil Simms and having him and Jeff Hostetler compete. No one would have been coddled here and IMHO that's part of the problem QB's here get coddled until they just completely fall off a cliff .

I was a Saleh fan but my faith in him is starting to dwindle fast. Remember back in the Rex days we all knew deep in our hearts his big mouth would get old quick ? Well Saleh and his saying's are going to get old as well , they are already starting to. 

Flacco was brought in here at 37 to be a mentor which in my opinion was and is laughable and he should have been backing up Mike White in these first 3 games but with Zero competition he was handed the first team reps he didn't win any competition. Salah figured maybe Flacco gave us the SAME chance to win as Mike White and that avoids the QB controversy if Zach plays bad when he returns and it turns out he was wrong because Flacco gives us zero chance to win.

We truly are cursed. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I think Douglas and Saleh are concerned about any possibility of a quarterback controversy. No one would/will bat an eye when Zach is healthy and is inserted into the starting role, regardless of how Flacco plays, since he’s old and definitely not part of the future. But it White or Streveler were to start and get hot for a game or two, you’d have a good portion of the fanbase decide that they’re done with Zach.

It’s along the same lines as the decision to not bring a serious backup quarterback in the past two off seasons, to avoid any controversy, even if it’s detrimental to the team.

It is absurd to even have Flacco on the roster. No other team would. 

lalo.gif

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

A lot of you guys don't seem to realize Saleh still has built in excuses if this team loses this year. He's got 5 Rookies starting and a bunch of second year players. He also still has an injured starting QB which they will claim the injury set back said starting QB when he could have been learning more on the field. 

While I think he should still be held accountable regardless of what I stated above there's a good chance he wont be. I'm also sure some idiot's along with Saleh have convinced everyone in the organization that Flacco was the best choice to play in the games Zach will miss. 

Think of some successful coaches like Bill Parcell's and what he would have done in this situation and how he would have handled Zach last year. If you have any doubt it would have been different just look at how hw used to motivate Phil Simms and having him and Jeff Hostetler compete. No one would have been coddled here and IMHO that's part of the problem QB's here get coddled until they just completely fall off a cliff .

I was a Saleh fan but my faith in him is starting to dwindle fast. Remember back in the Rex days we all knew deep in our hearts his big mouth would get old quick ? Well Saleh and his saying's are going to get old as well , they are already starting to. 

Flacco was brought in here at 37 to be a mentor which in my opinion was and is laughable and he should have been backing up Mike White in these first 3 games but with Zero competition he was handed the first team reps he didn't win any competition. Salah figured maybe Flacco gave us the SAME chance to win as Mike White and that avoids the QB controversy if Zach plays bad when he returns and it turns out he was wrong because Flacco gives us zero chance to win.

We truly are cursed. 

Now that wilson is injured he has even more excuses.   not to mention losing 2 top tier OL. 

This in addition to a very difficult schedule which vegas says is a 6 win team.

So +/- they could be a 4 or 8 win team before the injuries.  Now with the injuries and Flacco playing can we safely adjust the low end to 2/3 and the high end to 5

i know it's only one game  in but 2-5 wins seems like it's easily in the Jets wheelhouse

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We truly are cursed. 

This isnt a built in excuse.  This is reality.

15 hours ago, ZachEY said:

My theory that everyone with either Namath in their username, or with a username that's a sentence, is a lunatic, remains pretty flawless.

Please allow me to add girls named Roxeanne or Roxy for short to that description.

Crazy as all hell but what a ride. 

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh is dumber than I thought he was and I thought he was really dumb. Yeah coach the fan base should be happy about not making the playoffs in over 10 years, consistent failure, and your stellar 4-14 record since you have been here. GFY. 

The Saleh that fooled almost everyone  and ....

The REAL Saleh. 

download.jpg

swd.jpg

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This isnt a built in excuse.  This is reality.

Okay but that reality does not give you the excuse to coach bad or make terrible decisions Like Flacco and Pineiro. Those Rookies actually played well yesterday Wilson and Sauce did great Johnson was in on a sack Clemons had some pressures and Hall other than the fumble played ok. None of them made fools of themselves or the team so yeah it is on the coaches and the HC. If Salah has a QB competition this week you can bet the winner will be Flacco regardless of what happens unless someone steps in or maybe someone already stepped in Making Flacco the guy to avoid any controversy when Zach returns

22 hours ago, JTJet said:

I firmly believe this is the exact moment the fan base officially turns on Saleh. 

You don't get to say something like this with your track record, at all. 

If he was just having a down season, sure, but he has been a loser since the day he walked in the door. 

Yep.

24hrs later, this is exactly what's happening. The fans are turning on him for damn sure.