Saleh Press Conference 9/12 - Flaccid is most likely the starter

1 minute ago, Pac said:

listening to the Kay interview and loving it..  I appreciate the bravado and calling out the haters.  I've been waiting for 8 years to hear a coach show signs of life.

y'all are officially on notice..  Saleh is writing down names and is going to shove it down your puny throats when this ship is turned around.  You can hop of the bandwagon if you wish but don't you dare look for a ticket back on when we're rolling.

John Cena Wrestling GIF by WWE

Maybe he could have channeled this energy for Week 1. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

listening to the Kay interview and loving it..  I appreciate the bravado and calling out the haters.  I've been waiting for 8 years to hear a coach show signs of life.

y'all are officially on notice..  Saleh is writing down names and is going to shove it down your puny throats when this ship is turned around.  You can hop of the bandwagon if you wish but don't you dare look for a ticket back on when we're rolling.

John Cena Wrestling GIF by WWE

You know wrestling is fake, right?

• Haha 3

Just now, fusionCA said:

Robert Saleh has lost his mind 

Nah, he is so polished with PR, this was calculated.  And he doubled down.  The story is what happened behind the scenes that led to this.  Maybe Connor or Cimini will figure it out.  But there is stuff going on there.  There always is.  I knew something was up last week when he said Zach might play this weekend, and then walked it back to week 4 the next day.  Sounds like there are many cooks in the pot now, and some inner conflict among the coaches, GM/personnel, and/or the owners.  No way Saleh does this at the presser and then goes on McKay without thinking it through.  Something's up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You tell them Bobby!

This will either work masterfully well by motivating his players, or this will blow up in epic proportions.

To me, this means it’s a 50-50 chance he’ll be gone next season…because they players are probably not listening.

I wish he proves me wrong.

It's like the Jim Fassel "I guarantee we're making the playoffs" line.  He knew he was fired if they didn't anyway.  Saleh is talking big to deflect attention away from his awful W/L record.  He certainly deserves more than 1 week before the seat gets hot but I don't think fans are going to accept another year of 4-13 either.  

3 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Nah, he is so polished with PR, this was calculated.  And he doubled down.  The story is what happened behind the scenes that led to this.  Maybe Connor or Cimini will figure it out.  But there is stuff going on there.  There always is.  I knew something was up last week when he said Zach might play this weekend, and then walked it back to week 4 the next day.  Sounds like there are many cooks in the pot now, and some inner conflict among the coaches, GM/personnel, and/or the owners.  No way Saleh does this at the presser and then goes on McKay without thinking it through.  Something's up. 

In what way? Going after the fans after laying an egg week 1 home opener on 9-11 of all days doesn’t seem to indicate inner turmoil. 

• Haha 1

you know what is crazy, remember when Rex was made coach and he took that crap underperforming dteam and Defense work? turned us around in one season. THe def played alot better using concepts of the new system but also being put in position to succeed. The offense which always played second fiddle became the infamous ground and pound. Not because he wanted to but because the roster dictated it. Here we are under saleh and LaFluer and they just refuse to adapt. Maybe week two they will damn it would be nice is the coaching staff has some kind of accountability for that albatross of a game that we just had. It stunk. Joe flacco sucks but the guy could hand it off, maybe stop with the stupid out routes to berrious that would be helpful. IT was crazy we saw the raven run a quick little out and get an easy first - the WR was hit with two other of his team mates blocking, the Jets run the same type of play but leave berrios out there undefended so it is 3 verse 1 and it goes no where.

now i am not HC or even a high school football coach but it doesn't take one to realize that is stupid. Play after play just stupid play calls. I mean we really so bad we dont even have good plays to run???the answer is no because I seen mike white move the damn ball 400 yards an dball out wiht our playbook. Jesus lets go jets.

4 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

It’s almost as if wilson knew the OL would suck and decided it wasn’t worth risking his career to maybe win a game in September for saleh.  So yeah, maybe the wilson camp hung saleh out to dry a bit.  But it was saleh’s decision to play flacco.  

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe he could have channeled this energy for Week 1. 

They were doomed given how the line played.  Lake had to be sick..  he was pushed around all day.  I suspect he and the rest of the line will play much better next week.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whoa.  Saleh said hes taking receipts and coming after all of the diseased fans when its all said and done.

Hes coming for 98% of this board when its all said and done.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleh a big FU to the diseased fanbase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it. he is mad and thats good. he needs to crack some head in practice this week. no more mr nice guy.

and BTW 98% of this fan base wants him gone so he didnt lose any fans

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

They were doomed given how the line played.  Lake had to be sick..  he was pushed around all day.  I suspect he and the rest of the line will play much better next week.

I think Fant is playing hurt and Max Mitchell will likely be in the lineup until DB comes back in week 5.  Our OL is not good right now.

35 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

What exactly has made you confident that he deserves more time if we continue to have blow-out losses. Look, I'd love to see Saleh succeed, but this "forever rebuild" crap is bullsh*t.  Gave them the benefit of the doubt over the last couple of years, but we have long lost the swagger when Mr T and Parcells were in town.  Good coaches have immediate impacts in the quality of play that you see.  You are going to tell me that you weren't impressed with Daboll on day 1?  And they are going to lose a lot of games this year as they rebuild.  How much time did Sean McVay need to right the ship?  Or Andy Reid when he arrived in Kansas City?  I don't care about our history. I care about preparation and being able to watch games into the 4th quarter thinking my team is competing.  That we would have meaningful games in December.   Saleh has not shown me anything to think that he consistently gets his teams prepared to compete.  I hope he rights the ship, as it's time he lights a bit of a fire under these guys.  But if he doesn't he needs to go.

you are talking about a what if hypothetical. Of course if we see blowout losses all season we probably need to make a change. 

But I don’t consider yesterday a blow out loss, not even close. The number 1 thing I wanted answered yesterday was if Saleh could actually scheme and coach up a defense. Well, I saw an elite defense and thought we were the better team until Mann shanked a punt. In my 25 years watching this team I can’t remember a game with more self inflicted wounds. 

If this team can play defense like that and catch/kick/hold on to the ball they will win 8-10 games with average QB play. 

• Upvote 2

guys this is the right move. this OL just played awful. who would you rather have taking the hits? Flacco or White? 

and i just looked at some of the throws and the defense had Flacco surrounded, a more mobile QB wouldn't have made a difference. there was nowhere to run to.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s almost as if wilson knew the OL would suck and decided it wasn’t worth risking his career to maybe win a game in September for saleh.  So yeah, maybe the wilson camp hung saleh out to dry a bit.  But it was saleh’s decision to play flacco.  

Wilson being away from the team during the game is certainly eye opening. Besides that I think Saleh let the curtain down a bit here. 

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

BS said on the Kay show Flacco is “absolutely” the starter in Cleveland 

And that he’d never consider an in-game benching 

I mean why not?!

You don’t want your BFF Flacco to get mad at you?

Saleh genuinely loves Flacco.  Of the 32 HCs in the NFL, he's probably literally the only one who thinks Flacco is still a starting QB.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

i love it. he is mad and thats good. he needs to crack some head in practice this week. no more mr nice guy.

and BTW 98% of this fan base wants him gone so he didnt lose any fans

He’ll never do this

It’s PVO all day every day

losses are just a precursor to winning

that’s BS’s philosophy of pro football

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Whoa.  Saleh said hes taking receipts and coming after all of the diseased fans when its all said and done.

Hes coming for 98% of this board when its all said and done.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleh a big FU to the diseased fanbase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA his win percentage since becoming the head coach. 

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

guys this is the right move. this OL just played awful. who would you rather have taking the hits? Flacco or White? 

and i just looked at some of the throws and the defense had Flacco surrounded, a more mobile QB wouldn't have made a difference. there was nowhere to run to.

I agree the OL was more at fault than Flacco and that it would be incredibly difficult for most QBs to succeed in that situation.  But we've seen that great QBs can get it done.

Joe Burrow didn't have a good OL last year but made the SB.  Neither did Justin Herbert his rookie year but he played outstanding.  

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson being away from the team during the game is certainly eye opening. Besides that I think Saleh let the curtain down a bit here. 

If i didn’t know any better it seems as if wilson is not playing to show saleh (perhaps someone else too) that without him the offense will suck.  For all we know saleh has been pushing for flacco to start behind the scenes and wilson resents it.  If nothing else it’s an interesting theory.  This would also be consistent with saleh wanting flacco to start over white or streveler, saying ‘flacco will probably start’.  Why would he say probably?  Isn’t he the head coach?  Does he have to go back to the OC and qb coach and absorb all the ‘i told you sos’ b/c they were telling him not to play flacco, that the horrendous pick 6 vs the giants in the preseason was not a fluke?

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

beyond thinking some stuff is going on behind the scenes, I have no idea what that stuff is.  But it sure seems like there is some smoke.  The Zach stuff was totally weird this past week.  That said, just watched his presser and didn't think it was as bad as conveyed.  Thought he was mostly referring to the media.  Listening to the Michael Kay interview now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree the OL was more at fault than Flacco and that it would be incredibly difficult for most QBs to succeed in that situation.  But we've seen that great QBs can get it done.

Joe Burrow didn't have a good OL last year but made the SB.  Neither did Justin Herbert his rookie year but he played outstanding.  

true but Mike White is not those guys.

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’ll never do this

It’s PVO all day every day

losses are just a precursor to winning

that’s BS’s philosophy of pro football

maybe things are changing. he didnt sound so nice today. i think he is finally feeling the heat, or is really pissed. and he should be.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh genuinely loves Flacco.  Of the 32 HCs in the NFL, he's probably literally the only one who thinks Flacco is still a starting QB.

is he the starter though...basically Saleh made him the #2 QB who happens to be starting...don't think he would build a team around him like this suggests

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

true but Mike White is not those guys.

Obviously he's not.  But he still makes quick (and intelligent) decisions.  I think he'd be much better suited than Flacco to deal with this situation.

Though I have to admit I'm a little worried that White might be brittle.  

• Upvote 1