Ok i give up. What the “receipts” thing

HighPitch

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ohhh ok thanks.

so it’s basically another mountain made out of a molehill by our crappy fanbase.

got it now

Yeah, admittedly a dumb thing to say, but the guy is trying to show his players that he’s got their backs. We’ve all heard waaaay worse but, you know…

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Eh dudes human. Hes not head of the free world

of course that in the grand scheme of life is not the apocalypse dude, but the wanna be fun coach who wanted to be positive vibes only said something really stupid and really weak, and we are in a Jets fan board discussing Jets things; again this distraction was not created by the fans or the media, it is all on Saleh

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ohhh ok thanks.

so it’s basically another mountain made out of a molehill by our crappy fanbase.

got it now

Actually it's a sign of immaturity from our HC that he's so concerned about criticism that he felt compelled to make the original statement  yesterday.  And then he made another statement doing a 180 today.

Also, he's talking about how things are different despite having lost pretty badly in the season opener.  Instead of the bravado, why not take accountability and say that they have to prove it on the field.  Tbf, he did say that today, but only in the retraction of yesterday's ridiculous statement.  

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s a dumb thing said by our struggling Head Coach.  Nothing more.

Also just read what he said today…  He said he was just defending the locker room with the receipts quote.  Why was he defending his players?  They’re the ones that just laid an egg on the field.  It seems Saleh is becoming a bit too sensitive.  Seems every time his team sucks, he’s up there saying “WE’RE NOT THE SOJ, OK!?” instead of addressing his team that just sucked.  How about holding the players (and yourself) accountable instead of crying about outside noise?  If Wilson comes back and plays poorly and Saleh is STILL taking about baby steps/patienceI will not be too pleased.

Saleh should stop trying to decipher his idioms for the press and start trying to decipher how to win.  Anyone who didn’t already share this sentiment is misled.  I’m not interested in next year’s week 2, I’m interested in this year’s.

I think this fanbase is just tired of the losing (and non-competitive, boring games on top of that) and don't want to hear stuff that basically implies "we've turned things around!"

The Jets are 0-1 right now and they got pretty soundly beaten week 1.  I don't need to hear that he thinks this team is different.  If it is different then let's see that reflected in the win column (or, at a minimum, in a much more competitive loss).

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If he did this as a motivational ploy and they still get wrecked this weekend, the Jets franchise is going to enter into a world of hurt next week, especially if the Giants beat the Panthers.

The best thing for the Jets would be for the Giants to really turn things around this year.  That would light the fire under this organization in one way or another (either to start winning or maybe to go all in to hire Sean Payton).

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he did this as a motivational ploy and they still get wrecked this weekend, the Jets franchise is going to enter into a world of hurt next week, especially if the Giants beat the Panthers.

I hope it’s not a ploy. I don’t think Saleh’s that clever. I think this is his way of letting his players know that he has their backs. I’d bet the players appreciate it but it’s really time to move on. The team will be hurting next week either way. We get to look forward to the debate of whether or not start White or rush Zach back. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Actually it's a sign of immaturity from our HC that he's so concerned about criticism that he felt compelled to make the original statement  yesterday.  And then he made another statement doing a 180 today.

Also, he's talking about how things are different despite having lost pretty badly in the season opener.  Instead of the bravado, why not take accountability and say that they have to prove it on the field.  Tbf, he did say that today, but only in the retraction of yesterday's ridiculous statement.  

There is nothing more ridiculous than planning to start Joe Flacco. That's way worse than anything he said. We can have some fun with collecting and dispersing receipts, but when it comes to watching this fossil out there, killing the chance for any of this to be meaningful to the team, then there is no fun at all.  Thanks Saleh for nothing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do some Jets fans care what happens with the Giants? Personally, I dont think about the Giants at all. Just another team.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Do some Jets fans care what happens with the Giants? Personally, I dont think about the Giants at all. Just another team.

Not the fans, but the media, and the fans reaction to that media response. Saleh gave them a target—him—and they’re gonna wail on it until he wins. And if he loses to Cleveland, he might not see a win until mid-November

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I don't really care or think about the Giants.  They're not in our conference and we only play them every 4th year.  However, we do share a stadium with them and they do get written and talked about by the same sports writers/radio hosts so there will be comparisons made.  The Giants have been in the toilet almost as badly as the Jets have for the past few years.  So if the Giants are a feel-good story with a rookie HC who gets things instantly turned around, it's going to make Jet fans upset that "why can't this happen to us?!"  I think that will absolutely add pressure to the Jets' organization to get this thing turned around.  If we stink again this year, Woody might not be as willing to let Saleh get a 3rd crack at this.

• Sympathy 1