Poll: Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?

TuscanyTile2

Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has the Flacco delusion surpassed the Streveler Delusion?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

4 minutes ago, slats said:

If you’re so convinced that he sucks, you should be happy for the reckoning that’s on its way. You’ll be in a position to bask in glory. 

Indeed, I am excited for Saleh to re-insert Zach Wilson into a relatively high-performing offense against a string of brutal matchups and have to show out without a stitch of an excuse for struggling. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Both delusions are the product of Zach haters, many like yourself (and now lead by yourself) who never liked him, and absolutely refuse to even give him a chance.

The reality of the situation is that the former #2 pick with his $35M guaranteed needs to play so that they can make the determination whether he’s going to be the guy going forward or not. The best case scenario for the Jets is that Wilson is that guy. So that’s what I’m rooting for unless or until they make the decision to go in another direction. And that has nothing to do with my current opinion on his level of play so far. It appears that JD has provided the offense with weapons, so now it’s gonna be make or break for Zach. If you’re so convinced that he sucks, you should be happy for the reckoning that’s on its way. You’ll be in a position to bask in glory. 

Jets fans actually enjoy wins.  Zach fans seem to be invested in proving he's the guy at all costs before he's ready.   Zach will get action in garbage time and when Flacco eventually plays himself out.  In the meantime the O is developing so when Zach gets his chance he'll be in a better position to do very well. 

Zach doesn't have to prove he's the real deal this week or even this year.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Indeed, I am excited for Saleh to re-insert Zach Wilson into a relatively high-performing offense against a string of brutal matchups and have to show out without a stitch of an excuse for struggling. 

See? Nothing but fun coming your way. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I also can’t wait to piss away wins so that others can agree to the obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I would not categorize myself as a Zach fan. I’m a Jet fan that wants to see sustained success out of the team, not some Fitzmagic-like one-off that leads nowhere. Getting the answer to the Zach question is key in that regard. The team can’t go into 2023 without having a plan at the QB position. That plan isn’t going to be Flacco, Streveler, or White. It might still be Zach, and it might not, but they definitely need to find out sooner rather than later. 

The bold text is exactly it.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I would not categorize myself as a Zach fan. I’m a Jet fan that wants to see sustained success out of the team, not some Fitzmagic-like one-off that leads nowhere. Getting the answer to the Zach question is key in that regard. The team can’t go into 2023 without having a plan at the QB position. That plan isn’t going to be Flacco, Streveler, or White. It might still be Zach, and it might not, but they definitely need to find out sooner rather than later. 

I disagree completely.  Zach is under contract for 4 years with an option for a 5th year.   We can definetely see what he has in limited snaps this year.  Let him develop slowly.  Bring in a decent vet and start Zach next year from day 1.   If they're not confident we can draft a QB next year and if Zach develops into a star we can trade one of the QB's for value.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

The reality of the situation is that the former #2 pick with his $35M guaranteed needs to play so that they can make the determination whether he’s going to be the guy going forward or not.

I disagree.  The Jets should play whomever will give them the best chance to win that game.

Winning > All Else, including some amorphous concept of what is good for "the future".

If Zach is the best player at his position and has shown that to the coaches, then he should play.  If not, he should not.  

The best case scenario for the Jets is that Wilson is that guy.

At current, yes, I would agree.

So that’s what I’m rooting for.....

I believe that is what we're all rooting for, Zach "Lovers" and Zach "Haters" both.

IMO Zach "lovers" think there is a disagreement here that does not exist.  We all want Zach to play like a HOF'er. 

Some simply want to see it first before giving him praise for it.  Faith vs. evidence.  Fans like me do not have faith in Zach, we want to see evidence Zach is great.  

...unless or until they make the decision to go in another direction.

Wait, so your support for Zach is conditional?  If the Jets "go another direction" officially at any point, then you no longer support Zach?

So for example, then, if Saleh announced today that Flacco is his QB for the rest of 2022, you would then support Flacco and no longer support Zach because the team "went in another direction" officially?

And that has nothing to do with my current opinion on his level of play so far. It appears that JD has provided the offense with weapons, so now it’s gonna be make or break for Zach. If you’re so convinced that he sucks, you should be happy for the reckoning that’s on its way. You’ll be in a position to bask in glory. 

We should all be happy for the reckoning to come, because it should effectively answer your "see what we have in Zach" question, one way or the other.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is.  Have you forgotten which franchise you root for?  

and maybe thats the problem with this franchise. we keep drafting QBs in rd 1 and give the scholarships.  he had his last year and was getting one this year until last week. saying this year is "Zach or Die" is an example as why we are like this.it was " Sam or Die " for 3 years. whos next? 

Flacco starts till he sucks...... when Zach comes back he will start no mater had bad he sucks. thats not a winning formula.

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m a Jet fan that wants to see sustained success out of the team, not some Fitzmagic-like one-off that leads nowhere

Preach.

This is why, even if Zach busts, you don't stop drafting QBs. We need to find a good young one who can be our guy for a decade plus. It's the best way to field a contending team year in and year out. If you just look at our division, we are the only team who can't seem to draft and develop a good QB who stays here for the long haul. Chad looked like maybe he could be that guy before his body started breaking down. 

The Dolphins dominated the division in the late 80s with Marino, the Bills dominated in the early 90s with Kelly, then the Pats dominated for two decades (!) with Brady. Now the Bills have Allen again and the Dolphins have Tua who is better than people think. When are we going to find our guy? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

and maybe thats the problem with this franchise. we keep drafting QBs in rd 1 and give the scholarships.  he had his last year and was getting one this year until last week. saying this year is "Zach or Die" is an example as why we are like this.it was " Sam or Die " for 3 years. whos next? 

Flacco starts till he sucks...... when Zach comes back he will start no mater had bad he sucks. thats not a winning formula.

So who should have started week 2 ?