<<<<<<< Jets vs Dolphins -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

No you haven't.

Receivers have missed all kinds of throws from Zach that were in their hands. That is what has been talked about. No reasonable person would say that EM needs to catch a pass that hits dirt a yard in front of his toes.

image.png.723ee35c298b5dd029723d26b7458d1f.png

Pass did not hit dirt a yard in front of him.  Hit his hands and ground simultaneously.  Moore also could have slid or dove to get underneath it better.

Your effort to refute my tongue-in-cheek comment about Zach's ball placement falls flat, like some of Zach's passes.

7 minutes ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

image.png.723ee35c298b5dd029723d26b7458d1f.png

Pass did not hit dirt a yard in front of him.  Hit his hands and ground simultaneously.  Moore also could have slid or dove to get underneath it better.

Your effort to refute my tongue-in-cheek comment about Zach's ball placement falls flat, like some of Zach's passes.

No my effort doesn't. Zach threw a bad ball. Go troll on another site. 

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

I think he is trying to get the team to play all 60 minutes. Never take the foot off of the gas and don't give up the garbage TD. Glad no body got hurt, but this game was close in the beginning of the 4th. It was a tough slog for 3 quarters and we need to improve our run D and our OL, but I wouldn't call this an ugly win.

SOJ would have ending in OT with the team up 16 points (with missed XP) and almost 10 left. Hell, we won a game trailing by 13 with 1:30+ to go. Strong finish for D and O (but mostly D).

Meh, once the score became 40-17, with just over 4 minutes remaining, it was over. You want to leave the starters in for maybe another minute? Fine, I guess. But you're talking about a minimum of 3 TDs in a couple minutes (and even that is predicated on going 3 of 3 on 2-point conversions) on top of recovering 2 of 2 onside kicks. Miss just one 2-point conversion and now you've got to add a 3rd onside kick recovery and 4th scoring drive on top of the other 3 TD drives. 

You think the week 2 result was unlikely? That was just 2 scores, which required recovering just 1 onside kick, low odds as even that was. This would require a team to do that whole week 2 ending twice, with a 7th round rookie tossing it.

It was barely possible for them to catch up even if the Jets almost them score on purpose, which they weren't going to do even with the backups.

BTW I'm not just pointing at Saleh on this. The same goes for McDaniel, who was already down to his 3rd string QB. 

The 60 minutes thing sounds great until you realize it doesn't actually mean a thing for any future games, and means still less if Q Williams or Sauce tears an ACL with 90 seconds remaining. Yeah, then it becomes obvious in hindsight that he should've been off the field for the rest of the game because it was effectively over already and the last couple minutes a matter of formality. I remember Andy Reid did that to McCoy in Philly, too. It was moronic; the game was over. It was pea-brained stupid when he did it, too. Or like when Belichick got Gronk injured on an XP that made the score 59-24. 

It's a rough, violent sport. You just don't unnecessarily tempt fate like that. Do it enough times and the law of averages will catch up.

There was no valid excuse for starters to be on the field inside of 2 minutes, if they even let it go that far. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

No my effort doesn't. Zach threw a bad ball. Go troll on another site. 

Uh...  Pretty sure it does.  No sh*t Zach threw a bad ball.  That was my point.  The common excuse for that has been "it hit his hands, a pro NFL WR catches that".

The ball hit Moore's hand.  You said it hit the ground a yard in front of him.  You were wrong.

Just because you can't follow a discussion on a fan forum doesn't mean I'm a troll.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Moore is and nfl wr he needs to come back to the ball and make that catch 100/100 times. 

His effort lately has been concerning.  Hopefully this doesn't turn into a typical "crazy" wr issue. 

The balls are coming EM.  Be patient. 

57 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Wilson gets a 56 QBR to put his season rating at 54.8. If qualified that would be good for 12th in the NFL

Progress! 

Middle of the league was all the anti Zach crew were asking for.