This is the best Jets team since 2015

maury77

I agree, but we are being gift wrapped games and might get a false assesment where the team is at. The planets are aligning to put lipstick on a pig ... no tuna, torn labrum wilson, Kenny picket game 1 etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree, but we are being gift wrapped games and might get a false assesment where the team is at. The planets are aligning to put lipstick on a pig ... no tuna, torn labrum wilson, Kenny picket game 1 etc etc.

Yeah, the Lions lost virtually all their CB's today. Will anyone say Bellicick got a cheap win? Of course not. Our offensive line has been decimated and disrupted through the first four games but one wonders why that doesn't count in the equation. Or that Wilson missed the first three games. I could go on. 

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I don’t think lipstick on a pig is fair.

This is a younger, more talented, entertaining version of the “Shrek” Jets.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No. We are in a good place and getting better. 

a nice group of WR’s. A pair good RB’s. An absolute stud on the OL. CB’s are really good and the DL is coming on. 

I don’t expect playoffs but I do believe we will be playing significant games in December if they stay healthy.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You play who’s in front of you. Things will even out as the season goes on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

It's wild to see the Jets have this much talent.

• Sauce and DJ Reed are great
  • Hall & Carter are a dangerous 1-2 duo
  • Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios are solid AF - and G Wil could be a star
  • Zach is seemingly seeing the field better so far?
  • Quinnen playing great
  • Lawson getting more pressure off the edge each week

Even the role-player-types like Kwon, Whitehead and MCII are having nice seasons. 

And AVT holding down wherever the F we need it?

Team is still young and we routinely see poor stretches in games - will likely keep us from truly being a threat this year - but goddam Sundays are fun again.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It happens all the time. It’s football 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I don't really care about how the QB situation at this stage, this team is competitive and young and I can't remember the last time I could say that and I don't care that the Dolphins were on their 3dr string QB, sh!it happens and it has on the Jets side for decades. 

My lawyer said the Jets wouldn’t win today.  **** that guy.

• Haha 4

I guess being on our 5th string tackle and backup washed up QB doesn’t count

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If we had squeaked by with a win today in ugly fashion I’d be on board with this.

No matter how it happened, this was a blowout divisional win.  Our first divisional win and our first blowout since 2019.

Injuries, meanwhile, are part of the game.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I guess being on our 5th string tackle and backup washed up QB doesn’t count

I know this infuriates me to no end. We have our guard playing tackle..because injuries are so bad. Our QB missed 3 games. We are without our starting LB and both starting and backup RT and rookie starting RT is on IR, but when we win it’s because of the other team’s injuries. GTFO.

• Upvote 1