Zach Wilson is a Living Nightmare - Alex Rollins

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Lance was 2 years removed from a good season and I think that 2 Shanahan offense style teams passing on Fields is enough to justify people thinking he wasn't a fit. 

In the scenario where we go a position player, who is our QB? I don't disagree that there were top players in that class but I don't know what our plan would have been.

https://beargoggleson.com/2022/02/17/chicago-bears-luke-getsy-shanahan-offense-scheme/

Well, the Bears new staff is running the Shanahan offense and Fields has looked pretty good in it over the last few weeks. When you have a running threat at QB, it stresses the hell out of the defense because they no longer have a numbers advantage. Maybe Kyle Shanahan is just not as good of a talent evaluator as some consider him to be. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I still don't get the Fields hate! :( 

I wanted Fields, he had similar stats to "Generational Talent" Lawrence and looked way better than the dude head to head, and then folks were saying Fields shouldn't even be a 1st round pick!

Ummmmmm.....Still don't get it!

Because God hates Jets fans

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

https://beargoggleson.com/2022/02/17/chicago-bears-luke-getsy-shanahan-offense-scheme/

Well, the Bears new staff is running the Shanahan offense and Fields has looked pretty good in it over the last few weeks. When you have a running threat at QB, it stresses the hell out of the defense because they no longer have a numbers advantage. Maybe Kyle Shanahan is just not as good of a talent evaluator as some consider him to be. 

Entirely possible, goes back to QB being a crap shoot. Shanahan hasn't had a running QB to this point aside from like a year of RG3 a decade ago. If you are going to run the ball with your QB then 11 fumbles is not the way to go about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Garropolo has a better win percentage than Aaron Rodgers.

Hmm. Wonder which is better.

is that really the argument you're making?  This continues to add to the thesis that Jet fans, not just refuse to acknowledge anything positive - but are so much against him that they simply can't see it...

Again, if would assume this was parody if I didn't know any better.

Aaron Rodgers is an all-time great QB...

The other QB's you mentioned on that list have unquestionably struggled much like Zach has - so pointing to their stats as if they mean something is just downright silly.

I don't think anyone on JN is suggesting Zach hasn't and doesn't often struggle - he does.  The problem is the "dug-in" are incapable of seeing ANYTHING positive.  Pointing to the numbers of Fields and Lawrence is just a terrible argument..

And then comparing Fields and Lawrence to Aaron Ridgers is absurd on its face.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Oh my god.  Had a long stretch through HS where I worshipped Rollins and in all that time had no idea he was a lefty.

It's almost as if both the right and left could have viable good things to say as well as both possessing bad ideas. 

Oh. Sorry. I realize that this kind of thinking is shockingly out of place in Weimar America. 

11 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

it’s so bizarre how people can take 3 plays and cast a blanket negative assessment on a 42 throw performance. Wilson showed some good things last week as well. If you don’t see it, you just don’t want to see it. 

Reading your post, you would think Wilson had a stellar  performance if not for the 3 picks. It's  like you just want to ignore everything else he is doing wrong besides 3 glaringly bad throws. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Lawrence - 2 and 6

Fields - 3 and 5

Zach - 4 and 1

Hmmm.....Wonder which is better.

Which is better? The Jets are better. The records are better explained by the teams the QBs play on. From what I've seen, statistically Zach has been the worst, but watching them play I think they're all the same level of suck.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

is that really the argument you're making?  

It shows that your "but his record is better" argument holds no water.

Average to bad QB's can have better records than good QB's because... well.. football is a TEAM game.

Should I bring up Sanchez's TWO Championship game appearances!?

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would have to see how he played, but if you're telling he more or less duplicates what he's done so far..

1. Wins a couple of games in the 4th quarter for the team by taking over late
  2. Moves the ball when he needs to -
  3. makes key plays when he needs to
  4. Leads the league is passes downed inside the 2
  5. and has a couple of games where he really struggles against very good defenses

Surely....I would be very happy with that performance...

Ok you're helpless and deserve ZW.

More I think about it, losing Breece Hall was devastating for our PO hopes (this season) but may turn out to be the catalyst that fuels Zack's growth into the air raid QB we need him to be the rest of his career.

I don't think ZW grows all that much (if we still had Breece) by playing the 'game manager' role, handing off 30-40 times a game. I know, this season it was working with BH gaining 200+ yards game after game.

But think about it....next season with AVT and Breece back in the game, we could also have ZW airing it out for 300 yards a game on top of what our running game brings. In short, our offense could be unstoppable. But to have BOTH a top running attack AND a top passing attack, we need ZW to become the ZW we all hoped for. And for that to happen, LET HIM AIR IT OUT the rest of this season. 

In short, ZW will never learn to avoid those stupid INTS by handing the ball off and playing the game manager role. Let him learn by fire. Let him throw for 300+ yards a game, every game the rest of this season.

We could have a true animal under center next year, either throwing for 300 or handing off for 200.

DOIT!

• More Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Reading your post, you would think Wilson had a stellar  performance if not for the 3 picks. It's  like you just want to ignore everything else he is doing wrong besides 3 glaringly bad throws. 

Yup. Take away those 3 horrible INT's and he still sucked and was inaccurate with a completion % of basically 50%. 

11 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

it’s so bizarre how people can take 3 plays and cast a blanket negative assessment on a 42 throw performance. Wilson showed some good things last week as well. If you don’t see it, you just don’t want to see it. 

He sure did....He walked off the field without tripping over his feet.  Gotta start somewhere, right!

21 minutes ago, Facts said:

It shows that your "but his record is better" argument holds no water.

Average to bad QB's can have better records than good QB's because... well.. football is a TEAM game.

Should I bring up Sanchez's TWO Championship game appearances!?

Your still not getting it...

Again, that's the point of this whole thing.  I don't think anyone is saying Zach was good last week or that he doesn't struggles often, or that his numbers are always good...

The point I'm making is - He has shown some good and substantial growth - There is a refusal to accept ANYTHING positive about him...or probably the hate of Zach is so deep from pre-draft that it's not just you're unwilling it's that you're incapable.

Comparing him to Fields and Lawrence somehow saying they're good and Zach isn't is a very clear sign of it.

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is this "Spot On?"

Because you say so? 

I think it's way off.  

I Honeslty don't know why this couldn't have gone into another Zach Wilson sucks thread?

It was always going to be two steps forward, one step back with Zach.  He had a long way to go.  Playing BB was always going to be a problem for Zach.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  

Surely wasn't to me.

Ok, enough of this. Even with losing Hall and AVT, the Jets are by far a more talented team on both sides of the ball. The Pats have no WR's, and I wouldn't be suprised if after this season, the Pats will start to look to replace Mac, their first round pick (Strange) this season has played so bad I believe they benched him, an argument can be made for Stevenson over Carter but there is no depth at RB after him. On D, I am pretty sure no argument there, the Jets D is just better. There was no reason to lose to the Pats this season if Zach just played at an average level. All the pressure was on the Pats. They just got there heads handed to them on National TV. All the Jets had to do was execute plays. The reason we have these threads is the entire loss is on Zach and it didn't  have to happen. Nobody was asking Zach to be Allen or Mahomes against the Pats, Ryan Tannehill would have done just fine. He has to get this BYU image that he can break off plays and improvise things. He can't and it's  18 games later and he still hasn't  figured this out. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The point I'm making is - He has shown some good and substantial growth - There is a refusal to accept ANYTHING positive about him...or probably the hate of Zach is so deep from pre-draft that it's not just you're unwilling it's that you're incapable.

What growth!? HE is worse this year than last year. He is regressing. Not improving.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Comparing him to Fields and Lawrence somehow saying they're good and Zach isn't is a very clear sign of it.

Are you not following the conversation?

Someone else brought up those QB's.

I just responded to that poster saying "well this is why those QBs aren't being criticized as much"

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Why do people keep going to "but he made a couple go throws??". He's shown some good, but also a lot of bad... I don't think anyone is saying he can't make any throws.

But he's making sooooo many mistakes (a lot of which you'd expect to be corrected by the 18th game in the pros) that it's getting tough to watch. You need much more consistent QB play if you're going to have a chance. He's not shown / done that.

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is this "Spot On?"

Because you say so? 

I think it's way off.  

I Honeslty don't know why this couldn't have gone into another Zach Wilson sucks thread?

It was always going to be two steps forward, one step back with Zach.  He had a long way to go.  Playing BB was always going to be a problem for Zach.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  

Surely wasn't to me.

"It was Belichick" isn't a reasonable excuse for Zach Wilson.  This was an imminently winnable game and the NE defense isn't nearly as scary as its been in past seasons.  They had just gotten lit up by another young QB in Justin Fields the week before.

Moreover, Wilson was supposed to be different than his predecessor Sam Darnold.  Not the same guy who folds against Belichick.  Otherwise what's the friggin point?  NE isn't leaving our division any time soon and Belichick isn't retiring yet.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, if you want to play some stupid game and post something as inane and undescript and this, I'm just going to put you into the same bucket as JetRay. 

I don’t know who JetRay, a surely don’t very much care what “bucket” you have me in.  
With that said,I don’t know how I can make my point any more clearly.  
I’m not sure if you’re purposely obtuse or truly don't understand.  I’ll try one more time - then feel free to JetRay me. 

It’s that - you and others that didn’t want to draft Zach are so dug-in that you’re incapable (you honestly simply don’t allow yourself to see it) of recognizing that Zach has, in fact, shown substantial progress and on a good track.  
while others, like me, accept he still has a very long way to go - but can also see the actual progress.  

Point is, it’s actually impossible to have a conversation because there’s no convincing you - there NEVER will be anything he can do for the dugginers to ever see anything positive.  
I honestly don’t blame you as I’ve finally come to the inescapable conclusion that you’re incapable of seeing anything positive.  Not your fault.  Just the way it is. 

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t know who JetRay, a surely don’t very much care what “bucket” you have me in.  
With that said,I don’t know how I can make my point any more clearly.  
I’m not sure if you’re purposely obtuse or truly don't understand.  I’ll try one more time - then feel free to JetRay me. 

It’s that - you and others that didn’t want to draft Zach are so dug-in that you’re incapable (you honestly simply don’t allow yourself to see it) of recognizing that Zach has, in fact, shown substantial progress and on a good track.  
while others, like me, accept he still has a very long way to go - but can also see the actual progress.  

Point is, it’s actually impossible to have a conversation because there’s no convincing you - there NEVER will be anything he can do for the dugginers to ever see anything positive.  
I honestly don’t blame you as I’ve finally come to the inescapable conclusion that you’re incapable of seeing anything positive.  Not your fault.  Just the way it is. 

I'm sorry, maybe you can explain why Zach lost to an inferior Pats team instead of falling back onto the " You hate Zach so I can't explain myself to you" BS you have been posting.