Wilson bashers.... edit: wilson is ass!!

neckdemon

We just have to be patient. I'm a believer in Zach's talent. However, this year he has played poorly and my confidence in him after the NE was low. Today, my confidence is higher. But more than anything, I realized we just have to be patient with him.  We have to let this thing play out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's not get carried away here.  Zach was solid but certainly didn't carry the team.  And on the game winning drive, it was almost entirely runs (though Zach did make a good pass to Mimsy).  

image.png.950433c96534e6e179c1ed2aa9c386dd.png

Knock it off already. We beat the best team in football and Zach played an important role. I’m sick of this idiocy. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

at no point did i say he willed the team to victory. but he played pretty well. a lot better than josh allen did anyway. no one is anointing him the next peyton manning....just that he served up crow to all his bashers this week. 

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was smart, and safe with the ball!!! He didn't try to make something of nothing, which is what he did last week!!! Let's give him this season to show us what he can do to manage games. well, and safely!!!

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

at no point did i say he willed the team to victory. but he played pretty well. a lot better than josh allen did anyway. no one is anointing him the next peyton manning....just that he served up crow to all his bashers this week. 

Ok, Have not seen the game until. He out played Josh Allen?

I really hope over the next two weeks we can get the Zach critics vs Zach apologists arguing out of our systems. For me, it's already played out. Today was a huge team win. Everybody did their job and executed. It was a great win, I can't make anyone else feel good, but I do. Savor the moment. Wipe the slate clean, or not. 

• Upvote 2

If there are “crow eaters” at this point, it should probably be the crowd hellbent on proving Wilson is elite and Fields is gutter trash 

Fields is out there carrying the team on his back and literally making history 

And doing it with a new coaching staff in a brand new offense on a team with essentially no “weapons” in the passing game and arguably the worst pass-protecting OL in football 

All he really needs to go thermo-nuclear is some roster improvements on offense 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Knock it off already. We beat the best team in football and Zach played an important role. I’m sick of this idiocy. 

TT is right 

You can be thrilled with the win and realistic about the QB’s performance 

The 2 are not mutually exclusive 

Wilson played his best game of the season today IMO

efficient while avoiding critical mistakes 

he did lose the 1 fumble but I’ll give him a pass on that

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, Have not seen the game until. He out played Josh Allen?

He managed the game really well.  He was accurate, picked up a couple of first down with his legs when the opportunity was there.  Missed a couple of throws, but so does every QB in every game.  He was accurate, decisive, made good decisions, took care of the ball, never bailed from the pocket against a really good defense.  One of his best plays came late on the game winning FG drive.  3rd and goal at the 3, nor receivers open and he just took the sack, forcing Buffalo to use their last timeout.  Was a great decision, better than throwing the ball away and stopping the clock.  I can ive with today's version of Zach Wilson.

Allen threw two bad picks that may have cost them 10 points and aside from his first throw, did not complete much downfield.  Today, Zach was better than Allen.

• Upvote 3

ZW did not lose the game for them.  That was the surprise.  It was not a surprise that he threw a few nice darts.  We all know he can do that.

The next step before I chow down on a plate of crow is to see ZW play several games where he does not specifically hold them back with unforced turnovers & poorly placed balls due to bad fundamentals. 

The big plus is at least we can see that ZW is capable of not losing games if he plays with what seems like a newly acquired maturity. 

FYI... I'm still good and pissed off over the officiating in the Jets-Pats game.  I hope they use the bye week for extra prep for the upcoming rematch against the Pats.

I WANT that game.  Badly.

I bashed ZW relentlessly and this was a big win. he's getting better. There were no backward spins. He set his feet. He's still missing wide open receivers (vision) but getting better overall and today was a huge day not just for him but for JD and Saleh 

If Geno Smith can become a franchise qb anything is possible. 

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...