Wilson bashers.... edit: wilson is ass!!

neckdemon

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't disagree.  I was happy with the way he played today too.  But I still wouldn't describe the way he played as "great".

I mean I think some get too hung up on stats.  I’m not going to blame them for running the ball when it was clear the bills couldn’t stop it.  When ZW needed to make a big throw on that drive he did 

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's not get carried away here.  Zach was solid but certainly didn't carry the team.  And on the game winning drive, it was almost entirely runs (though Zach did make a good pass to Mimsy).  

image.png.950433c96534e6e179c1ed2aa9c386dd.png

Actually, incredible pass to Mims and a great run, in which BUF should have been penalized, hence giving Wilson three more shots a TD. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Kid looked much better today than he has at any time this year. Can he turn it around completely? Time will tell as consistency is the mark of a legit NFL QB. but any of us who bashed the past couple weeks deserves to eat their crow here, at least for this week he served it up to us. Let's hope he keeps it up. I'll be happy to have been wrong about him

Excited to eat crow this week!

And always happy when Jets win.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My two cons on the Jets this season:

1. Injuries 

2. the OC (yes I’m not thrilled w Wilson to date but I’ve been blaming the OC/playcalling more than Wilson for his suckage.  
Ex: wtf was that play design on 3rd and goal

Everything else I’m pretty pro/positive on …which is weird 

WTF was wrong with the offensive game plan and execution?

The game plan was outstanding, the adjustments they made even better.

That last drive when they needed to keep the Bills offense on the side line, they did exactly that and ran the ball down their throats and did it with perfect execution by bleeding the clock.

Why are Jets fans so damn pathetic after a win?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not sure this is the game for serving crow. He played much much better, and deserves the credit. The defense won the game without a smidge of doubt. 

I don’t think it’s fair to say the defense win the game.  The offense was wearing the Bills defense down on multiple drives which doesn’t happen much.  Both sides of the ball won the game 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's not get carried away here.  Zach was solid but certainly didn't carry the team.  And on the game winning drive, it was almost entirely runs (though Zach did make a good pass to Mimsy).  

Phil Simms made a career out of those type of numbers with a good defense and a good running game.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say the defense win the game.  The offense was wearing the Bills defense down on multiple drives which doesn’t happen much.  Both sides of the ball won the game 

The offense executed, and did their job well. The defense balled out hard 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach still has a long way to go before he's Phil Simms.

Did I say he didn’t have a long way to go?  I simply said it’s ok to be very happy with him after today considering the team they were playing and all the talent they are missing 

• Upvote 1

Still missed that easy first down to Mims by throwing wildly high. He needs to hit those consistently and not make the game any harder than it need be. That pass also killed a drive. He did do good things also though such as bailing early and taking a sack before the game winning FG. He needs to do good consistently.  As a fan base we never take a longitudinal approach we're always in the moment. He isn't good or bad because of one game. Which isn't to say we don't all get emotional at times.

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

STATZZZZZZZ ???

7 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

WTF was wrong with the offensive game plan and execution?

The game plan was outstanding, the adjustments they made even better.

That last drive when they needed to keep the Bills offense on the side line, they did exactly that and ran the ball down their throats and did it with perfect execution by bleeding the clock.

Why are Jets fans so damn pathetic after a win?

I’m actually being super positive while maintaining objectivity. I’ve been calling them one of the most talented teams all year. 

it’s sorta like when adults talk. But  I’m happy w the win! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

This was a team win, and Zach was part of it.  Sure he missed some passes, but so did Allen.

Solid game, and less headless chicken.  He looked the part.

Allen was much worse than “missed some passes”.  He had two ghastly picks and was lucky he didn’t have a third one.  He also fumbled and was lucky there too

• Upvote 1

I actually don't think he played a ton better today and I mean that in a good way. He's been playing a conservative game focused on not turning the ball over all year and today he had his best game within that spectrum, but it's right within where he's been most of this year. When he doesn't do the thing where he runs 20 yards backwards 2-3 times a game this is how he's played a lot this year. Team's 5-1 with him for a reason.

He did run a bit more today and that's a good thing.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Kid looked much better today than he has at any time this year. Can he turn it around completely? Time will tell as consistency is the mark of a legit NFL QB. but any of us who bashed the past couple weeks deserves to eat their crow here, at least for this week he served it up to us. Let's hope he keeps it up. I'll be happy to have been wrong about him

What crow?  Imagine Fields was QB of this team?  We are winning despite Wilson alla Mark Sanchez 09-10.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

well in my opinion he did and din't.  he carried them by making key throws and not turning the ball over.  he didn't because the defense and running game came up big in spots.  but the main thing is this is exactly the type of game the jets can win.  wilson shouldn't be throwing more than 30 times and the run game should be used at the finish.

• Upvote 1