CBS QB Rankings: Zach stinks

Bronx

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Psychosis is too strong around here.

It doesn't matter how well he plays.

He won't be able to do enough to be deemed a good QB by Jet fans...

Sad and unfortunate.

I do think if he strings together some pretty good games, it will tone down. But you will still have some who will complain if he isnt putting up fantasty qB stats

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It doesn't matter how well he plays.

He won't be able to do enough to be deemed a good QB by Jet fans...

Sad and unfortunate.

It doesn't matter little or poorly he produces.

He won't be able to do poorly enough to be deemed a non-elite QB by Wilson-first fans...

Misguided and pathetic.

Remember the Titans (game)!  Remember Pittsburgh!

(This game is sooooo easy to play).

• Upvote 2

Fair IMO.  
Zach is currently 33rd amongst starting QB's in Completion % (57.5%), with only Russel Wilson and Mayfield behind him.
He's 33rd in TD Pass % (2.4%) with only Pickett and Trubiksy behind him.
He's 28th in INT Pass % (3.0) with Mariotta, Mills, Prescott, Dalton, Fields, Pickett and Jones worse, in that order.
He's 23rd in Passing Yards pert Game (200.3), that Pats Game helping in this category.  Amongst others, Pickett, Mariotta, Fields and Mayfield are all behind him.
He's 34th in QB Rating (75.5) with only Pickett behind him.
I think there is a fair argument for Pickett, Mariotta and Mayfield to be ranked behind Zach as a passer.
Fields is interesting, because as a passer he's clearly behind Zach, no question.  But Fields has 749 rushing yards and 6 TD's to Zach's 68 yards and 1 TD, and that would likely be enough to propel Fields over Zach in any ranking like this.
So maybe he belongs in that 28-29 spot.  With 29/30/31/32 being Fields/Mariotta/Mayfield/Pickett is some order.
Spot on JiF.
Yes and Breece Hall.is a better rusher than Justin Fields.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah...

What I call it is the Jet fan "Anti-Zach Psychosis"

How do you reconcile:

I hate Zach Wilson and he sucks

with

He's 5-1 as a starter - and the Jets are a good team right now

The only way to do that is to.....

First, no one "hates" Zach Wilson.

Second, I reconcile it by seeing that the Jets Defense is ranked 7th (Yards allowed) and 10th (Points Allowed), and 8th in Takeaways.  9th against the Pass.  11th against the Rush.  So far, this is a very good, top-level Defense.

Zach, and his lowest-in-NFL passing production, is not the driver of this team, the Defense is. 

Where Zach is contributing most is via his "Trent Dilfer'ing" for the Offense.  Handing it off, and not turning it over.  Which IS vital, make no mistake.  He may not be driving our wins, but he easily could drive losses with INT's, and so far (except against New England), he hasn't done so.

Wow, when you see it on paper, it's really not that complicated, and no "hate" was required, just analytical thought.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I love when the Fields haters get all defensive on ZW and their knee-jerk response is to crap on Fields' rushing ability. 

As if it's a bad thing that your QB can bust out for 150+ and multi TDs on the ground in any given game.

Fields is also superior to Wilson as a passer.

So the fact Fields is dynamite on the ground only adds to his value and star power.

There are no fields haters, only Wilson haters pumping fields up every chance they get. 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

There are no fields haters, only Wilson haters pumping fields up every chance they get. 

What type of crap is this? You're saying that people who 'pump up' Fields are Wilson haters but if you say Zach Wilson is good you're not a Fields hater? Your logic is inconsistent. If that's not what you mean then are you just saying that people hate Wilson but not Fields? If so you're applying a very general idea over a large group of people. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

First, no one "hates" Zach Wilson.

Second, I reconcile it by seeing that the Jets Defense is ranked 7th (Yards allowed) and 10th (Points Allowed), and 8th in Takeaways.  9th against the Pass.  11th against the Rush.  So far, this is a very good, top-level Defense.

Zach, and his lowest-in-NFL passing production, is not the driver of this team, the Defense is. 

Where Zach is contributing most is via his "Trent Dilfer'ing" for the Offense.  Handing it off, and not turning it over.  Which IS vital, make no mistake.  He may not be driving our wins, but he easily could drive losses with INT's, and so far (except against New England), he hasn't done so.

Wow, when you see it on paper, it's really not that complicated, and no "hate" was required, just analytical thought.

I hate analytics. LOL

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Shocking, another bash Zach thread. I didn’t read any posts because I have to shovel sh*t in the JN barn and I don’t have time. It’s been a long time since we have had a win like against the Bills, a season like this one so far, and at the very least, hope at the QB position. But hey, Zach sucks so, let all the zombies out of their cages. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It doesn't matter little or poorly he produces.

He won't be able to do poorly enough to be deemed a non-elite QB by Wilson-first fans...

Misguided and pathetic.

Remember the Titans (game)!  Remember Pittsburgh!

(This game is sooooo easy to play).

just to make sure I am reading this correctly.....

So you are saying if he has a terrible game, he should immediately be deemed a non-elite QB forever?

Its misguided and pathetic that every fan won't immediately label him a bust if he has a terrible game?

• WTF? 1

I mean, he's been bad for sure, but he's also played the equivalent of one full season + 2 games.  Only in football do you see players, especially QBs, written off that quickly.  If Zach sat all of last year and all we had to base his upside on was what he's done this year, would he still be looked at as negatively as he is right now?

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fair IMO.  

Zach is currently 33rd amongst starting QB's in Completion % (57.5%), with only Russel Wilson and Mayfield behind him.

He's 33rd in TD Pass % (2.4%) with only Pickett and Trubiksy behind him.

He's 28th in INT Pass % (3.0) with Mariotta, Mills, Prescott, Dalton, Fields, Pickett and Jones worse, in that order.

He's 23rd in Passing Yards pert Game (200.3), that Pats Game helping in this category.  Amongst others, Pickett, Mariotta, Fields and Mayfield are all behind him.

He's 34th in QB Rating (75.5) with only Pickett behind him.

I think there is a fair argument for Pickett, Mariotta and Mayfield to be ranked behind Zach as a passer.

Fields is interesting, because as a passer he's clearly behind Zach, no question.  But Fields has 749 rushing yards and 6 TD's to Zach's 68 yards and 1 TD, and that would likely be enough to propel Fields over Zach in any ranking like this.

So maybe he belongs in that 28-29 spot.  With 29/30/31/32 being Fields/Mariotta/Mayfield/Pickett is some order.

Spot on JiF.

One stat not mentioned. 5-1

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

just to make sure I am reading this correctly.....

So you are saying if he has a terrible game, he should immediately be deemed a non-elite QB forever?

No.  That is not what I am saying. 

In the quoted post I am not actually "saying" anything, other than mocking a certain type of post here at JN.

55 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Its misguided and pathetic that every fan won't immediately label him a bust if he has a terrible game?

/facepalm

16 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

One stat not mentioned. 5-1

Because 5-1 isn't Zach's stat.  It's the team's stat.

Why would we cite a stat that isn't a QB-specific stat, and is mostly to the credit of the defense and the rushing attack?  That seems silly.

Do you think Zach was the driving, main reason behind 5-1?  I guess in that case, you could cite it.

I don't, so I didn't.

BTW: Does this "wins belong only to the QB" concept also apply to Kirk Cousins (8-1) and Try Hard Heinicke (3-1) as well?

Or just Zach?

• Upvote 4

I think game in Zach’s development. Does it mean he has to be throwing it all the field 35-40 times for over 300 yards and 3 or 4 TD’s ? 

No. 

To me it is playing within yourself and not trying to make something out of nothing. 

Avoid the foolish, careless turnover. 

Run the football, play defense the way you have. Zach go make a play when called upon. 

If that happens the Jets will win this game

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Because 5-1 isn't Zach's stat.  It's the team's stat.

Why would we cite a stat that isn't a QB-specific stat, and is mostly to the credit of the defense and the rushing attack?  That seems silly.

Do you think Zach was the driving, main reason behind 5-1?  I guess in that case, you could cite it.

I don't, so I didn't.

BTW: Does this "wins belong only to the QB" concept also apply to Kirk Cousins (8-1) and Try Hard Heinicke (3-1) as well?

Or just Zach?

It’s just a fact. 5-1.   Besides, what’s the alternative? Mike White? Flacco Bell? Streveler … maybe! Zach is my QB. I support him. Try it! 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

It’s just a fact. 5-1.   Besides, what’s the alternative? Mike White? Flacco Bell? Streveler … maybe! Zach is my QB. I support him. Try it! 

Nah - that would mean he would turn into something he isn’t. Along with most of the morons in this forum.  The Jets could go 14-3 and they will say, “despite of Zach” or “the defense won not Zach”.  Whatever. These guys will be in the forum after one loss and say we want Streveler or fire Saleh. It’s not their fault. They are permanently damaged. 

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah, it's not literarily this forum - this forum is just an example of the way Jet fans are acting....

You choose to spend your time attacking the QB around here - apparently that makes you happy - so good for you I guess..

But my point holds.  If you don't think the media consistently hears from Jet fans that they hate their 6-1 QB - and that permeates the way they view him you are small minded - LMAO!!!!

so its the fans and not the fact that he is the worst or close to it QB in almost every stat for the last 2 years.

im sure that has nothing to do with CBS opinion. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Salesmen have the same job. I wouldn't compare the sales of a guy in year 2 to one with 12 years experience. Seriously, if the guy with 12 years experience is not appreciably better than the guy with 2 years, "experience" doing a job is meaningless. 

but if you compare his 2nd season so far he is on pace to have the worst of ANY 1st rd QB taken this last decade. 22 in all. 

so if he doesnt change his pace these next 8 games your asking for him to do something nobody has done. he will even be worst than Josh Allen. those are odds i wouldnt bet on.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

so its the fans and not the fact that he is the worst or close to it QB in almost every stat for the last 2 years.

im sure that has nothing to do with CBS opinion. 

There's the Pyscosis.

Now, I no you (like most others here) are incapable of seeing it (due to the Psycosis) but what is the single most important stat for QB's in the NFL? What is their actual goal?

Then ask yourself why you believe Zach has been the worst at it.  

I know the math will be tough to penetrate your blockage but I'll try and help with this on.

• Haha 1