MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets should win Sunday.

A team they already beat but now with far superior QB play.  Frankly this game shouldn't even be close.

I would trade home field for superior QB play any day.

The Bills are going to have a much easier time scheming against the Jets D however. The Bills offense isn't to be forgotten either. They are probably crunching the film of what MIN did to score 20 points on the Jets in the first half.

I don't think this will be as easy of a game as you think.

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  That was only his 2nd game of the year - and 4th game of his career.  I absolutely expect him to get better.  No reason he won't.  There's plenty of reason for excitement around Mike White - with all this talent he has around him - and a defense that should keep them in every game.

He played a really good 2nd half last week.  Just that throw wasn't all on Berrios.  That's all I'm saying.  BB is running full speed, falling to the ground to make the play and it hit him on the back shoulder - from 5 yards away..  

Catchable, sure.  Could it/should it have been a better throw, absolutely.

I kind of see Mike White as Chad Pennington with a much better arm, if Chad didn't get hurt. Both had an above average grasp of their respective offenses, both were fantastic in Play Action, and both did well stepping into the pocket. The offense just has a completely different feel when White is playing. I get the feeling he can do well vs any defense and the main factor is just to not beat ourselves and start making plays when they need to be made that means there's going to be some tough throws and some tough catches and we have to make those plays to be successful. The great teams do it all the time and I stress the word team we are on the cusp of being great and if we can get to the playoffs this year then start off next year fresh with Hall and AVT back we can be a very special offense. Cool thing is we don't have to rush Hall back we have a very good RB room and its going to be real hard not to keep all 4 of those backs next year.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, doitny said:

hes got a great personality. i can see why they love this guy. 

maybe its me and i missed it but i dont remember anyone doing this with Zach

I love this kid its really a shame he didn't get an earlier shot a few years back but maybe in a way that might have helped.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hex said:

The Bills are going to have a much easier time scheming against the Jets D however. The Bills offense isn't to be forgotten either. They are probably crunching the film of what MIN did to score 20 points on the Jets in the first half.

That first half was not as bad as it looked scheme wise we had some really bad penalties called on us that extended their TD drive that other wise would have ended that drive . Those calls on that one drive, I think it was like 4 calls, changed the complexion of the first half. Without those calls the Vike's would have struggled to get 240 yards for the entire game

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

How does White get a free pass if he struggles? If he gets praise for Bears game, mixed reviews against Vikings, then the Bills game is no different.

*Also, I think the Jets are better than the Bills. We beat them once this season, their offense is one dimensional and their defense has been par the past few games. Personally, I think the Eagles, Chiefs, Fins are better than Bills.

Hoping White balls out the entire game and the D brings their game and Jets win convincingly. But, White needs to lead this team to victory playing smart, fast and efficient.

At that point, if he struggles on Sunday, the assessment on White would be an 'Incomplete' grade. He would have looked good against the Bears, average against Minnesota, and disappointing against Buffalo. Kind of predictable outcomes, given the calibre of opposition.

With an inconclusive rating and a small sample size, we move on to the next game. 

*I seem to be higher on the Bills than most. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hex said:

Pay the refs.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just so I’m clear on this…. Beef and cheddar is a euphemism for one of those beat up, sloppy vajs, right?

lol - my wife's pregnancy cravings have been Gyros and because Arby's is the sh*t and has everything, their Gyros are delicious.  So, naturally, I get a Beef'N Cheddar every trip, just do a few extra miles on the bike the day after, gotta keep this toned physique going and keep the cardio strong just incase I got protect my chin from a certain poster on the site. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

lol - my wife's pregnancy cravings have been Gyros and because Arby's is the sh*t and has everything, their Gyros are delicious.  So, naturally, I get a Beef'N Cheddar every trip, just do a few extra miles on the bike the day after, gotta keep this toned physique going and keep the cardio strong just incase I got protect my chin from a certain poster on the site. 

Arby’s gyro and Reuben are shockingly good, for what it is.

I had Wendy’s Corp as a client wayyyyy back, they sold Arby’s off and the new corporate entity is what eventually gave us the “we have the meats” version of Arby’s, which is pretty good for fast food. The curly fired are worth a chin wag knuckle punch to the testes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Arby’s gyro and Reuben are shockingly good, for what it is.

I had Wendy’s Corp as a client wayyyyy back, they sold Arby’s off and the new corporate entity is what eventually gave us the “we have the meats” version of Arby’s, which is pretty good for fast food. The curly fired are worth a chin wag knuckle punch to the testes.

I'm not kidding, this is my driver cover:

Curly Fry Golf Headcover

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He throws that ball any different and he misses the window.

Then don't throw that pass.  Seems pretty obvious.  

5 yards away, running back going full speed, falling to the ground - and it hits him on the back shoulder.

Catchable ball - yes - Bad throw - yes.

btw...attacking each other on a message board isn't my thing -s won't threaten you as you continue to attack me.  I do think it's incredibly childish, but I guess it brings flavor to the board.  So good for you!

9 hours ago, Hex said:

Yes, I think it's certainly possible Buffalo puts up more than 17 like they did last game.

But our offense, with the big upgrades at WR and RB (Corey Davis and Bam Knight) and, of course, the massive upgrade at QB.

I don't see how we don't put up far more than the 20 we put up last time.

Of course the game could play out differently (weather and all) but I just don't see how the Jets lose game.   

I concede it might be a little closer than I think - but Jets should absolutely win this game.

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I kind of see Mike White as Chad Pennington with a much better arm, if Chad didn't get hurt. Both had an above average grasp of their respective offenses, both were fantastic in Play Action, and both did well stepping into the pocket. The offense just has a completely different feel when White is playing. I get the feeling he can do well vs any defense and the main factor is just to not beat ourselves and start making plays when they need to be made that means there's going to be some tough throws and some tough catches and we have to make those plays to be successful. The great teams do it all the time and I stress the word team we are on the cusp of being great and if we can get to the playoffs this year then start off next year fresh with Hall and AVT back we can be a very special offense. Cool thing is we don't have to rush Hall back we have a very good RB room and its going to be real hard not to keep all 4 of those backs next year.

I agree...

While I like what I see from Mike White - I've been hearing he's a better version Chad Pennington, Fitz and Nick Foles.  All of those guys had extended - successful NFL careers.  One of them is a Super Bowl MVP.  Mike White has played 4 games.

Does he have the potential to be that type of player.  Sure, absolutely.  I hope he can be that guy.  If he is, with this talent level the Jets should be a legit Super Bowl contender the next 3 years.

Good news - He's only going to get better.  As he gets more comfortable, he should continue to play at a higher level

Bad news - Teams are going to get more film on him, figure out his weaknesses and attack them.  

So I just think we're being premature on putting him in the category of some guys that have had very good, extended NFL careers...but I do get why he's being mentioned in that group.

Yes, the thought of adding AVT, Hall and dare I say Becton back - can really make this an offense that can compete with anyone.

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

5 yards away, running back going full speed, falling to the ground - and it hits him on the back shoulder.

btw...attacking each other on a message board isn't my thing -s won't threaten you as you continue to attack me.  I do think it's incredibly childish, but I guess it brings flavor to the board.  So good for you!

Posting the same 3 arguments over and over all day in a message board is childish. You aren’t as high and mighty as you like to think. 

Mockery is just window dressing.

Your takes are awful. I don’t think you understand a single thing about football. These aren’t meant as “personal”, they are meant as incentive for you to do better.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

This thread is incredibly resilient. It will not be derailed by Arby’s OR chin *******. I’m impressed. Congrats @T0mShane!

It's incredibly resilient, and versatile. At any given moment, the thread has two or three different conversations going on, only one of which may or may not be Mike White-related. 

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I agree with the Chad comparison, and think that White Knight can be a decent starter and actually win games over the next couple of seasons until we find our stud QB (either Zack figures it out… We draft someone… free agency…trade).

My one fear is I think our Super Bowl Run Window opens next year. Those close quickly before major roster departures happen. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Posting the same 3 arguments over and over all day in a message board is childish. You aren’t as high and mighty as you like to think. 

Mockery is just window dressing.

Your takes are awful. I don’t think you understand a single thing about football. These aren’t meant as “personal”, they are meant as incentive for you to do better.

I thought I had you on ignore..somehow I started getting your posts again.  I fixed it.

So if you don't see me reply to you, please don't be offended - I apologize as I won't be seeing your posts.

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean....you say this, and it sounds great, but when I watch the replay all I can think is "that's probably an easier catch to make than having to grab a perfectly thrown ball with some zip on it".  I played WR in high school....I was terrible.....but I can't help but think that if I had an opportunity to catch THAT ball with the game on the line, I might have actually gotten laid before college.  

BTW what do you mean by "running back going full speed"?  Are you talking about Berrios?  He was clearly coming to a dead stop as he found a seam in the defense.   Unless I'm misunderstanding who you're talking about.