MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The guy who is uber successful "with connections" has now:  

1) Threatened to beat up one JN poster at a Jets tailgate

2) Accused the same JN poster of f**king his dog

3) Threatened to whip his d**k out at a Jets tailgate

Totally a guy with connections and a classy professional.  

• Haha 1

And your hero ZW is tossing pretty (bounce) passes in “flight school” with 3rd stringers and practice squad hopefuls 
I’m loving life ?
I'm not sure the QB of the Jets future is on the roster right now .. I'm not blinded by the light.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm not sure the QB of the Jets future is on the roster right now .. I'm not blinded by the light.

I'm not sure why many on this site think you can only be Pro-white and Anti-Wilson, or vice versa. I think you and I see this the same. Wilson has sh*t the bed and looks like a bust, we are not sold on White being anything more than a solid back-up or transitional starter and we think the future FQB of the NYJ is not currently on the roster. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As a fan, I would prefer to win Super Bowls, but as a wizened sports genius, I know that in order to win Super Bowls, you need to have a productive offense and Mike White gives you that. Likewise, as a fan-genius, if I’m looking for my team to develop a quarterback, I’m ok with the opting to develop one that looks like they can fundamentally play the position. 

Mike White.

Agreed (I think)

Look, what I think is interesting is that small window of being able to win with a Mike White type is actually now.

You don't often get multiple years in a row of top 5 picks, multiple first and second rounders in back to back years and no big time players on big contracts.  The Jets have a small two year (maybe 3) to win  it all with Mike White.  All things have to click and they have to stay healthy, but there is a lot of talent on this team right now.

So, keep Mike White and draft and develop a young uber talented kid - allow the young guy time.  

I would be fine playing it like this - would prefer to go all in on Carr, but I get it.

Now, is Zach the guy to even bother developing - if not where do we find this other guy?  That's a different question entirely.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.

Look, what I think is interesting is that small window of being able to win with a Mike White type is actually now.

You don't often get multiple years in a row of top 5 picks, multiple first and second rounders in back to back years and no big time players on big contracts.  The Jets have a small two year (maybe 3) to win with Mike White.  All things have to click and they have to stay healthy, but there is a lot of talent on this team right now.

So, keep Mike White and draft and develop a young uber talented kid - allow the young guy time.  

I would be fine playing it like this - would prefer to go all in on Carr, but I get it.

Now, is Zach the guy to even bother developing - if not where do we find this other guy?  That's a different question entirely.

I totally agree with this but I do think that the Mike White type who should be under center for the Jets is Gardner Minshew. He's like Mike White but with a better and longer record of accomplishment as a starter in the NFL .... and he is cool, very cool. And, oh yeah, he is a year younger than White.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.

You don't often get multiple years in a row of top 5 picks, multiple first and second rounders in back to back years and no big time players on big contracts.  The Jets have a small two year (maybe 3) to win with Mike White.  All things have to click and they have to stay healthy, but there is a lot of talent on this team right now.

Blockbuster trade for a young existing talent or the draft is my guess .. draft is tough cause it's rare to find a ready made super star.

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I totally agree with this but I do think that the Mike White type who should be under center for the Jets is Gardner Minshew. He's like Mike White but with a better and longer record of accomplishment as a starter in the NFL .... and he is cool, very cool. And, oh yeah, he is a year younger than White.

I can see this.  A limited guy with athleticism is a surely better than one without it. 

Now, I really have only seen Minschew play a couple of times - so don't have too much of an opinion, but I do like good athletes.

To be fair though, I've only seen Mike White play 4 times.   Next 5 weeks will tell us a lot.

I can see this.  A limited guy with athleticism is a surely better than one without it. 
Now, I really have only seen Minschew play a couple of times - so don't have too much of an opinion, but I do like good athletes.
To be fair though, I've only seen Mike White play 4 times.   Next 5 weeks will tell us a lot.
I like Minshew a lot .. but not long term ... Hes got grit and can win you some games. Kinda like White in that regard.

Just a cooler version.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think you are under valuing the cool factor. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Comic relief implies there’s something funny. You’re not funny. You’re sensitive, and that’s okay, but you got to understand that a little quip is sometimes best met with a tip of the cap and a chuckle…

Is it lost on you how ironic it is to suggest a real life provocation in the same post you call others keyboard warriors?

Chin in my face. ???

You would not say anything to my face is the point. You're a pussy who hides behind an avatar, and it seems like what happens on here is some people either feel belittled or insecure when I contribute on certain topics, don't know how to come up with a rationale and nuanced response, so instead resort to slander and personal attacks. Sure I counter-attack, but I've always been transparent with who I am on here, and while its not my goal to get all aggressive online, I make sure to point out that I'm more than available to settle it in person. Chances are, I would ask what's up, what do you have to say, and you would say nothing. If you think this is crazy, than you are what's wrong with society lol 

Be accountable for what you write instead of hiding behind your computer screen 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

You would not say anything to my face is the point. You're a pussy who hides behind an avatar, and it seems like what happens on here is some people either feel belittled or insecure when I contribute on certain topics, don't know how to come up with a rationale and nuanced response, so instead resort to slander and personal attacks. Sure I counter-attack, but I've always been transparent with who I am on here, and while its not my goal to get all aggressive online, I make sure to point out that I'm more than available to settle it in person. Chances are, I would ask what's up, what do you have to say, and you would say nothing. If you think this is crazy, than you are what's wrong with society lol 

Dude, I genuinely like what you bring to the board, but you have to chill a bit.  Just walk away from this one, it's sill.y

mad max GIF

• Upvote 1

Just now, football guy said:

I like your inside scoops. I have no idea what you’re talking about with all that. Never criticized them at all. 

That said… When someone, anyone, posts like you do with threats and real life provocations I make fun of it. Why? It’s funny. Was it personal? No, I made a penis joke. You’re the one calling people pussy and threatening them like GJ&H. 

The irony of all this is priceless. How you continue to go unbanned is shocking. I used to get banned just for insinuating people were dumb, not even saying it. Hahahaha… 

Please note the solid I am doing you here. I’m speaking to you rationally instead of trolling you into a full blown melt down. Show some appreciation.

• Upvote 4

Just now, chirorob said:

Dude, I genuinely like what you bring to the board, but you have to chill a bit.  Just walk away from this one, it's sill.y

mad max GIF

With all do respect, I will be banned before I walk away at this point lol... I'm not gonna bend the knee to some of these clowns who come after me out of their own insecurity

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

mad max GIF

Not to mention laughable. If he knew who he was threatening there’d be a cleanup on aisle underpants.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, T0mShane said:

I’ll defend guys like football guy and Mogglez, and the chrebet guy who share any info they can get from the inside. If nothing else, it’s good content and, as we’ve seen, things happen in and around the Jets that surprise people at the highest levels of the Jets. How many times have we seen Saleh get the rug pulled on him this summer? Sources around the periphery of the org are gonna miss the mark a fair amount of the time

100%. Never understood the point of going after anyone who shares actual information from inside the team - however much we disagree with them.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like your inside scoops. I have no idea what you’re talking about with all that. Never criticized them at all. 

That said… When someone, anyone, posts like you do with threats and real life provocations I make fun of it. Why? It’s funny. Was it personal? No, I made a penis joke. You’re the one calling people pussy and threatening them like GJ&H. 

The irony of all this is priceless. How you continue to go unbanned is shocking. I used to get banned just for insinuating people were dumb, not even saying it. Hahahaha… 

Please note the solid I am doing you here. I’m speaking to you rationally instead of trolling you into a full blown melt down. Show some appreciation.

The rationality is appreciated, but if people are going to be trolls without putting their names on it I'm going to call them out for it and seek to prove a point. I don't know who you are, yet I've been more than willing to put my name out here... it's no different than a facebook/instagram/twitter to me. I have nothing to hide. 

I was minding my own business contributing to the Mike White thread. I didn't attack anyone, I didn't troll, I didn't say anything bad about anyone- I proposed a rational perspective regarding the topic: Mike White. And for that I had some weirdo going after me because he was drunk and butthurt that I didn't think Mike White played lights out last week? Nah I'm not about it... that's the point where I have to say put up or shut up 

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

This has to be a bit

1 minute ago, football guy said:

The rationality is appreciated, but if people are going to be trolls without putting their names on it I'm going to call them out for it and seek to prove a point. I don't know who you are, you don't know who I am, but I've been more than willing to put my name out here... it's no different than a facebook/instagram/twitter to me. I have nothing to hide. 

I was minding my own business contributing to the Mike White thread. I didn't attack anyone, I didn't troll, I didn't say anything bad about anyone- I proposed a rational perspective regarding the topic: Mike White. And for that I had some weirdo going after me because he was drunk and butthurt that I didn't think Mike White played lights out last week? Nah I'm not about it... that's the point where I have to say put up or shut up 

I made a weenie joke because you were tough-talking. This is revisionist history. Talk about accountability.

I don’t want you banned. Get your sh*t together and cut the crap. Nobody here gives a rats ass about hearing your silly threats. It’s pathetic. Learn to joke around or be Teflon. What you’re doing isn’t tough, it makes you a target and a joke.

Tough love, but hopefully you get it.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

And for that I had some weirdo going after me because he was drunk and butthurt that I didn't think Mike White played lights out last week? Nah I'm not about it... that's the point where I have to say put up or shut up 

Wait, you’re threatening me over an argument with someone else?