MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

Just now, Smashmouth said:

hard to bash on Berrios much but on that first punt today I had no ******* Idea what the hell he was doing.

He does not drop many just so happens that one he dropped vs the Vike's basically cost us the game. he did make a really nice contested catch today

Looked like the wind may have taken it at the last minute and he refocused totally on not touching it or letting it touch him.

If so - he succeeded

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hard to bash on Berrios much but on that first punt today I had no ******* Idea what the hell he was doing.

He does not drop many just so happens that one he dropped vs the Vike's basically cost us the game. he did make a really nice contested catch today

dude berries has been bad. like, first change I would make bc it's easy would be to bench Berrios. No joke, even ST. cool he was an AllPro last year. Not so much this year. Guy has been terrible.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

dude berries has been bad. like, first change I would make bc it's easy would be to bench Berrios. No joke, even ST. cool he was an AllPro last year. Not so much this year. Guy has been terrible.

he has not had enough targets to be labeled bad not even close. Berrios had made some big plays this year but if you don't target him much ....

11 minutes ago, NJ said:

Looked like the wind may have taken it at the last minute and he refocused totally on not touching it or letting it touch him.

If so - he succeeded

Yeah but after the ball missed him he ran back to the ball at the one yard line and almost touched it again that was the baffling part

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

I havent seen a player take a hit like that, exit the game and come back into throw a strike on his first attempt since Justin Fields vs. Clemson. 

It’s universal praise for Mike White in the media this morning. Even the people who were White skeptics prior are talking him up today. Getting his ass beat yesterday was amazing for his profile

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s universal praise for Mike White in the media this morning. Even the people who were White skeptics prior are talking him up today. Getting his ass beat yesterday was amazing for his profile
On my way out of the stadium more than one Bills fan expressed admiration for the beating White took. And there was honesty in their words ... They weren't being placating or anything ... Just sheer admiration for the kids toughness... I walked out feeling the same way .. still not sure he's the man .. but he's got my vote for being the most courageous and toughest SOB playing the position right now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

On my way out of the stadium more than one Bills fan expressed admiration for the beating White took. And there was honesty in their words ... They weren't being placating or anything ... Just sheer admiration for the kids toughness... I walked out feeling the same way .. still not sure he's the man .. but he's got my vote for being the most courageous and toughest SOB playing the position right now.

Yeah, something to be said for having a guy behind center that’s easy to root for. Good vibes and whatnot

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The team needs to rally around this guy at home over the next two weeks.

We need big performances from the OL and defense. Rally around the young QB you seem to love and win two games as home favorites. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It’s so funny all the players are making it known to JD and Saleh, take white out and we strike .. 

but why? cause he is the best QB on the roster right now. or do you think they want to go back to a guy who completes 55% 150 yds a game. can't complete a screen pass and at the sight of a little pressure he runs backwards. and 10 mins later when hes done running he throws it out of bounds.

yeah i would strike too if they brought Zach back

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, something to be said for having a guy behind center that’s easy to root for. Good vibes and whatnot

We all just sat around the kitchen table me, my wife and son, the 3 of us who watch all the games together and we listened to Mike White's Monday meeting with the press.  What I really like about White is he wants this as badly as I want it-as we ALL want it. He was talking about how he woke up this morning and his twins tackled him and he said "yea, I feel good" He talks about his family and how important they are to him and the fun of being a father, the same things that I felt when mine were little. The other thing that is important and big difference between Mike and Zach is that Mike is an older cat, he's been in the league for a few years now and he's never had one thing handed to him so he's like the rest of us really, just a regular guy, who is trying to make a living, and is willing to take the hits and then get right back up again afterwards to show his brothers that he means business. Because he needs it.

We saw it after he was in the LR after that hit, the players were all walking around with their heads down-the energy was gone and everyone knew it probably meant it's either Flacco time again of God forbid,Wilson running around like a chicken without a head time...and when he trotted back out, the sleet stopped and it was "only" snow and we all knew; WE STILL GOT A SHOT!. Mike White brings that to us-the thing we haven't had since Mark Sanchez was winning all those playoff games back in the 10's; HOPE White gives us HOPE!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, JiFields said:

Rightfully so, it was a galvanizing performance and one I think when the offense sits around and watches together, lights a fire under everyone's ass to step it up.  He was consistently in terrible situations and asked to pick up monster 3rd downs.  Throw in the turnovers, hard to be the hero.  Like I said in the other thread, if you're comparing QB's passing games alone, White threw the ball better in those conditions. 

100%. Allen played a better overall game, bc of the superhuman things that he can do, but from a pure throwing-of-the-football standpoint, White was superior.  

• Upvote 4

100%. Allen played a better overall game, bc of the superhuman things that he can do, but from a pure throwing-of-the-football standpoint, White was superior.  
Problem is the game isn't played with impregnable force field offensive lines ... Unless its the Pats circa 2005-2015.

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The QB performances from Sunday really bring back the questions @dbatesman was asking a few weeks ago.

What the f*ck was Joe Flacco doing starting those early games?!! Guy played like seven snaps and looked like he was trying to sabotage the team. 

I think that was an “organizational decision” to make sure Wilson had a soft landing once he was ready to play. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

We all just sat around the kitchen table me, my wife and son, the 3 of us who watch all the games together and we listened to Mike White's Monday meeting with the press.  What I really like about White is he wants this as badly as I want it-as we ALL want it. He was talking about how he woke up this morning and his twins tackled him and he said "yea, I feel good" He talks about his family and how important they are to him and the fun of being a father, the same things that I felt when mine were little. The other thing that is important and big difference between Mike and Zach is that Mike is an older cat, he's been in the league for a few years now and he's never had one thing handed to him so he's like the rest of us really, just a regular guy, who is trying to make a living, and is willing to take the hits and then get right back up again afterwards to show his brothers that he means business. Because he needs it.

We saw it after he was in the LR after that hit, the players were all walking around with their heads down-the energy was gone and everyone knew it probably meant it's either Flacco time again of God forbid,Wilson running around like a chicken without a head time...and when he trotted back out, the sleet stopped and it was "only" snow and we all knew; WE STILL GOT A SHOT!. Mike White brings that to us-the thing we haven't had since Mark Sanchez was winning all those playoff games back in the 10's; HOPE White gives us HOPE!

We gotta calm down with this stuff. The Jets lost. He took two regular football hits. Neither hit was dirty. He played a fine game in tough conditions but they lost. Coming back into the game is expected for a guy with a ton to prove. He wasn’t injured. Until White proves he can get the ball into the end zone, we should probably calm down with the warrior stuff. Check out Eli’s resume maybe and how many snaps he missed during his career. We are propping this guy up already into something he isn’t. After 1 win they were already reading their own press clippings with the Mighty Ducks costumes. Guess what- they’ve lost two in a row since then with making scoring a touchdown looking like an act of god.

• Upvote 3

We gotta calm down with this stuff. The Jets lost. He took two regular football hits. Neither hit was dirty. He played a fine game in tough conditions but they lost. Coming back into the game is expected for a guy with a ton to prove. He wasn’t injured. Until White proves he can get the ball into the end zone, we should probably calm down with the warrior stuff. Check out Eli’s resume maybe and how many snaps he missed during his career. We are propping this guy up already into something he isn’t. After 1 win they were already reading their own press clippings with the Mighty Ducks costumes. Guess what- they’ve lost two in a row since then with making scoring a touchdown looking like an act of god.
Agree .. it's football ... But it is nice to see a kid ignore his own safety for the benefit team ... Even if it was more about realizing this moment in his career.

12 hours ago, doitny said:

but why? cause he is the best QB on the roster right now. or do you think they want to go back to a guy who completes 55% 150 yds a game. can't complete a screen pass and at the sight of a little pressure he runs backwards. and 10 mins later when hes done running he throws it out of bounds.

yeah i would strike too if they brought Zach back

If Zach didn’t suck giant moose cawk Saleh would have gone back to him now

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agree .. it's football ... But it is nice to see a kid ignore his own safety for the benefit team ... Even if it was more about realizing this moment in his career.

Players do this every week is my point. Eli did it for 15 years. At the end of the day, score some touchdowns and win games.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Players do this every week is my point. Eli did it for 15 years. At the end of the day, score some touchdowns and win games.

Every week?  lmfao.  You're amazing, such a fun read. 

I'd love for you to go around the Jets locker room today and tell the team how big of a pusswah Mike White is for not being able to handle a regular old run of the mill hit that happens every week! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Every week?  lmfao.  You're amazing, such a fun read. 

I'd love for you to go around the Jets locker room today and tell the team how big of a pusswah Mike White is for not being able to handle a regular old run of the mill hit that happens every week! 

Did you watch Eli Mannings career? I’m glad the team is rallying around White and perhaps we’ll get Willis Reed theatrics on a weekly basis, but maybe they can win a game or two as well. All this positivity for a last place team seems off.