MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

White has been better than Zach especially between the 20’s. With that said I don’t understand the hysteria behind him. Three games this year with two being against bad defenses. He throws for a lot of yards but can’t get in the end zone, doesn’t seem to throw ball away and gets hurt seemingly every game. I hope he’s a star but so far seems average to me

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ppls17 said:

White has been better than Zach especially between the 20’s. With that said I don’t understand the hysteria behind him. Three games this year with two being against bad defenses. He throws for a lot of yards but can’t get in the end zone, doesn’t seem to throw ball away and gets hurt seemingly every game. I hope he’s a star but so far seems average to me

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There’s a red zone problem all year but at least with white there’s not many 3 and outs and the time of possession isn’t lobsided.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a dead-on missile shot at Zach Wilson:

MW has done more than enough to prove his toughness 

You don’t ever want to take that away

But if he’s going to carve out a sustained career, he’s gonna have to learn to protect himself a little better 

He can’t keep taking these kinds of direct shots

Like maybe be can work on his slide steps in the pocket, pump fakes, anything to avoid those dead-on hits where he’s like a baseball that gets “barreled up”

LaFleur apparently doesn’t believe in using max protect at all

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The replay at 5 seconds is frightening.  I find it hard to believe he's okay and still have doubts that he'll be healthy enough to start next week.

I think he is pretty desperate to prove himself which is why he came back in the game twice when others wouldn't.

He knows that if the Jets give Wilson the ball next week and he plays well,  that could be it for him. 

I'm guessing he wears a flack jacket to protect his ribs and guts it out. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think he is pretty desperate to prove himself which is why he came back in the game twice when others wouldn't.

He knows that if the Jets give Wilson the ball next week and he plays well,  that could be it for him. 

I'm guessing he wears a flack jacket to protect his ribs and guts it out. 

Fully agreed.  He's a few weeks away from basically guaranteeing his family a life of riches.  He felt the pressure to get back because, like you said, if ZW gets back in there, it's his job to lose again.

That said, I think MW has already shown enough that he's going to get millions.  But there's obviously a huge difference between starter money vs backup money.

Jake Asman has a YouTube call-in show and you can't believe how widespread this whole Zach thing actually is-it is almost like  zealots who are so in love with a particular politician that they would prefer that person's leadership even if it meant the end of, oh say a country's democratic way of governance just as long as they can have that person for president-give a listen to what these people are saying 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Jake Asman has a YouTube call-in show and you can't believe how widespread this whole Zach thing actually is-it is almost like  zealots who are so in love with a particular politician that they would prefer that person's leadership even if it meant the end of, oh say a country's democratic way of governance just as long as they can have that person for president-give a listen to what these people are saying 

In your scenario, who plays the role of the FBI, who colluded with foreign operatives, DNC, and tech billionaires to overturn the 2016 election and interfere in the 2020 election? Maybe Cimini?

9 minutes ago, Really, Jets said:

In your scenario, who plays the role of the FBI, who colluded with foreign operatives, DNC, and tech billionaires to overturn the 2016 election and interfere in the 2020 election? Maybe Cimini?

and just like in that scenario people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the evidence that is being shown before their very eyes

• Upvote 1

Mike White at the minimum has shown that he’s going to produce a ton of passing yards. His 952 yards in 3 games extrapolates to 5,395 for 17 games. He also produced that monster game against Cincy last year. There’s some real talent there.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for the remainder of the games so we can evaluate him more. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's because you don't see anything.

I don't know Smash, from what I've been hearing and reading these types are seeing way more than is there, just like seeing a guy who throws passes so far over the head of a receiver that he doesn't even TRY to jump for it. They see this as a guy who is better than a QB who completes passes that he's never been able to connect on as a pro.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mike White at the minimum has shown that he’s going to produce a ton of passing yards. His 952 yards in 3 games extrapolates to 5,395 for 17 games. He also produced that monster game against Cincy last year. There’s some real talent there.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for the remainder of the games so we can evaluate him more. 

Yep and we need to learn how to scheme players open in the red zone . It will come and MW will be the guy that leads this team into the future

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is a dead-on missile shot at Zach Wilson*

*This was meant to be sarcastic

Block better McGovern and our QBs might not have to be so totally heroic.

Oh also, until white starts actually winning more than he loses all the platitudes are quite useless.

(As an aside my original spelling of 'quite' was so bad that when I right clicked for a spell check it suggest 'wienies')

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Was carter supposed to block him but fell down? Kind of looks that way 

That was Carters assignment and he missed a few others as well that got White hit. All it takes is a little misdirection to take that LB out of a full on hit and Carter failed numerous times. I'm sure this will get Carter some heat in the meeting room and film study

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Grady Jarrett penalty (even worse than the Herbert RTP call):

I know there was a bad Chris Jones one earlier this year or last year.  Apparently you can rough the passer while he has the ball without aiming for the head.  Either way the current roughing the passer is a terrible foul and needs to be reformed big time.

43 minutes ago, Vader said:

hes no Wayne Chrebet. Or Wes Welker. Or Danny Amendola. Put it that way. We forgive them but these drops are actually brutal. 

hard to bash on Berrios much but on that first punt today I had no ******* Idea what the hell he was doing.

He does not drop many just so happens that one he dropped vs the Vike's basically cost us the game. he did make a really nice contested catch today