MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean he's lying, but he gets it. Media frothing at the mouth for a juicy quote. 

Next week is going to be rough, Jets probably lose to a Bills team on the road, and the Zach comparers will be out in force. Still think the team makes the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I like your inside scoops. I have no idea what you’re talking about with all that. Never criticized them at all. 

That said… When someone, anyone, posts like you do with threats and real life provocations I make fun of it. Why? It’s funny. Was it personal? No, I made a penis joke. You’re the one calling people pussy and threatening them like GJ&H. 

The irony of all this is priceless. How you continue to go unbanned is shocking. I used to get banned just for insinuating people were dumb, not even saying it. Hahahaha… 

Please note the solid I am doing you here. I’m speaking to you rationally instead of trolling you into a full blown melt down. Show some appreciation.

Such is the lot in life for second class simians. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a Jets fan, watching what he’s doing on and off the field, and thinking “Hmmm we really have to get Zach Wilson back in there.”

Or just as bad:  "We really should trade away assets to take on the massive contract of Aaron Rodgers."

The guy with "connections" said that who he wants.  Yes, really.  

24 minutes ago, Wit said:

I mean he's lying, but he gets it. Media frothing at the mouth for a juicy quote. 

Next week is going to be rough, Jets probably lose to a Bills team on the road, and the Zach comparers will be out in force. Still think the team makes the playoffs. 

This feels like a playoff game because if White plays well and the team wins, it signals the start of a new era in Jets football wherein they have a plus quarterback who’s relatively young and cheap. But, if he gets rocked, it might be back to the drawing board. It’s unfair and, frankly, silly to put this much weight on one game on the road against a Super Bowl favorite, but if Mike White is ever going to the future, he’s never gonna win on points—he has to win by TKO, and right away. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This feels like a playoff game because if White plays well and the team wins, it signals the start of a new era in Jets football wherein they have a plus quarterback who’s relatively young and cheap. But, if he gets rocked, it might be back to the drawing board. It’s unfair and, frankly, silly to put this much weight on one game on the road against a Super Bowl favorite, but if Mike White is ever going to the future, he’s never gonna win on points—he has to win by TKO, and right away. 

Yeah ... I mean ... if he does deliver a knockout to the Bills Sunday will be a beautiful thing and he will definitely put himself in conversation to at least compete for the starting position next year. I don't see another team signing him as a starter until he has a win against a team like that.

Hoping he is the reason we win Sunday !

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or just as bad:  "We really should trade away assets to take on the massive contract of Aaron Rodgers."

The guy with "connections" said that who he wants.  Yes, really.  

I feel like the Jets locker room would kill him and eat him by the time preseason hit

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah ... I mean ... if he does deliver a knockout to the Bills Sunday will be a beautiful thing and he will definitely put himself in conversation to at least compete for the starting position next year. I don't see another team signing him as a starter until he has a win against a team like that.

Hoping he is the reason we win Sunday !

Fair. I think if White can improve some things just a little bit, he can absolutely become a high end starter for the Jets. But there’s also the possibility that he’s way out over his skis right now and regression is gonna hit and the Jets have to go back to rehabilitating Zach Wilson. You see a lot of sustainable things that White can do consistently, but you also see some stuff that you hope he can clean up. I don’t know if they’re gonna give him the time to do that cleaning. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If White struggles on Sunday, no one sane should be judging him too critically. We are 9.5 underdogs against what many consider the best team in football. The Bills are a better football team than we are. 

White, and by extension the Jets coaching staff will be under pressure if the Jets do not win against Detroit and Jacksonville, two must win games with no margin for error.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Wit said:

Jets should win Sunday.

A team they already beat but now with far superior QB play.  Frankly this game shouldn't even be close.

I would trade home field for superior QB play any day.

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

If White struggles on Sunday, no one sane should be judging him too critically. We are 9.5 underdogs against what many consider the best team in football. The Bills are a better football team than we are. 

White, and by extension the Jets coaching staff will be under pressure if the Jets do not win against Detroit and Jacksonville, two must win games with no margin for error.  

Winning that one in Minnesota would have been money in the bank 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

Personally, I'm scared.  He sent me a link to some site where he made a picture collage of him and his boy friends and he looks quite tough.  I offered sex, he denied, wanted a fight, I'm to scared though.  Kinda scared to show up to a JN tailgate now too.  He's going to be there playing chin music on half the posters and I for one, would much rather hang out w/ @Creepy Lurker at Arby's.

I regret not going to the JN tailgates the last few years. I’m ready for the next one and look forward to creeping people out again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s on him for not completely seizing the moment. He gets 1 more shot to. If he loses, he’s still the guy but he doesn’t take control without looking back. He has a chance to officially win the job this weekend. It’s literally up to him part 2. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

They were missing Darrisaw as well, but we couldn't really take advantage. It was a winnable game for sure. 

Sunday night's game between the Dolphins and the Chargers is huge for us. The Patriots will overtake us on Sunday but then fall away again. LAC are the threat. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

Personally, I'm scared.  He sent me a link to some site where he made a picture collage of him and his boy friends and he looks quite tough.  I offered sex, he denied, wanted a fight, I'm to scared though.  Kinda scared to show up to a JN tailgate now too.  He's going to be there playing chin music on half the posters and I for one, would much rather hang out w/ @Creepy Lurker at Arby's.

Yea, I’m sure the JN tailgate regulars that have posted here for years appreciate their ritual being co-opted so numbnuts can exorcise his terrible high school experience.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This.

After what we saw last week, we know he’s capable of willing it into existence. Too bad Berrios ****ed him. 

Again, then. He will do it again.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If he made a better throw to Berrios it would have been a TD.

Even still, Berrios didn't **** him - he ****ed the team.  

I didn’t watch the throw live since my stream went down but earlier in the game some of Mike White’s throws had too much mustard on them. I think he’s rocketing some throws and it’s leading to drops. I’m sure this will get fixed when he and his receivers build chemistry but they all have to work on that. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

nobody ****ed anyone sh*t like this happens we should have scored the other 900 times we were in the redzone . sometimes you have those bad days

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I didn’t watch the throw live since my stream went down but earlier in the game some of Mike White’s throws had too much mustard on them. I think he’s rocketing some throws and it’s leading to drops. I’m sure this will get fixed when he and his receivers build chemistry but they all have to work on that. 

I agree.  That was only his 2nd game of the year - and 4th game of his career.  I absolutely expect him to get better.  No reason he won't.  There's plenty of reason for excitement around Mike White - with all this talent he has around him - and a defense that should keep them in every game.

He played a really good 2nd half last week.  Just that throw wasn't all on Berrios.  That's all I'm saying.  BB is running full speed, falling to the ground to make the play and it hit him on the back shoulder - from 5 yards away..  

Catchable, sure.  Could it/should it have been a better throw, absolutely.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The ball was cradled in his arms and against his chest. For two seconds just stop having naive, brain-dead takes on everything.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  That was only his 2nd game of the year - and 4th game of his career.  I absolutely expect him to get better.  No reason he won't.  There's plenty of reason for excitement around Mike White - with all this talent he has around him - and a defense that should keep them in every game.

He played a really good 2nd half last week.  Just that throw wasn't all on Berrios.  That's all I'm saying.  BB is running full speed, falling to the ground to make the play and it hit him on the back shoulder - from 5 yards away..  

Catchable, sure.  Could it/should it have been a better throw, absolutely.

He throws that ball any different and he misses the window. The bell squirted out of Berrios grasp. Watch the damn replay. Learn how to watch the game.

• Upvote 1

Well .. will be unavoidable to compare him with the guy that actually beat the Bills.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Berrios needs to catch that ball there, but White admitted in post game he needed to make a better pass. I believe he said he needed to lead Berrios a little more on that pass. Sucks because Berrios is such a tough player and you expect him to make catches like that at end of games. But not all on him, the whole team including White had some poor plays throughout the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How does White get a free pass if he struggles? If he gets praise for Bears game, mixed reviews against Vikings, then the Bills game is no different.

*Also, I think the Jets are better than the Bills. We beat them once this season, their offense is one dimensional and their defense has been par the past few games. Personally, I think the Eagles, Chiefs, Fins are better than Bills.

Hoping White balls out the entire game and the D brings their game and Jets win convincingly. But, White needs to lead this team to victory playing smart, fast and efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app