Jump to content

Mike LaFleur and all the good plays


Integrity28
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Game thread was sh*tting on him for a good portion of that first half 

he needs to be better on first down, too many negative runs or throws behind the line 

I was texting my friend bitching about Lefleur during the game. He outsmarts himself with the play calling. Sometimes things can be simple, you don’t have to run the double WR option to win. I am not sold on his situational play calling 2 years in.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Game thread was sh*tting on him for a good portion of that first half 

he needs to be better on first down, too many negative runs or throws behind the line 

I was not a fan of the amount of jet sweeps or weird behind the line stuff today when everything else had us moving forward. Overall I liked what we got from MLF considering we played 3 Quarters before we started running clock.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I was not a fan of the amount of jet sweeps or weird behind the line stuff today when everything else had us moving forward. Overall I liked what we got from MLF considering we played 3 Quarters before we started running clock.

Weather was miserable. Keeping  the defense off balance was a good plan. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The plays have been there for weeks.  The QBs have not been executing consistently enough.  Having someone like White back there who, at the very least, can identify the open man helped in a number of ways.  That being said, there were a few times today where MLF got too cute in his play-calling.  Almost as if he wanted to prove something that didn’t need to be proven.

Overall, I’d give him a B+.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I was not a fan of the amount of jet sweeps or weird behind the line stuff today when everything else had us moving forward. Overall I liked what we got from MLF considering we played 3 Quarters before we started running clock.

Still a lot of Pass-plays called with a good lead into the 4th qtr and a lot a Passing called on 1st down which indicted he trusts White to do that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I will throw slight criticism on all the lateral plays going for loses in the first half but all in all it was a good game.  

The play I can’t stand, that never works, is the “hey let’s throw it 5 yards behind the LOS, see what happens.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I was not a fan of the amount of jet sweeps or weird behind the line stuff today when everything else had us moving forward. Overall I liked what we got from MLF considering we played 3 Quarters before we started running clock.

The run game got going when MLF starting calling between the tackles.  That Ty Johnson TD off tackle happened because we started getting 4 yds a pop running inside.  JMO

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, usanyj said:

The play I can’t stand, that never works, is the “hey let’s throw it 5 yards behind the LOS, see what happens.”

The logic with those plays is that guys like Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios are great yac guys. Especially Wilson. They haven’t worked but those plays work around the league. We just need to get better at executing them and maybe finder better times to call them.

In general, our screen game is weak at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Coquito said:

So, beside the usual reruns, who "still" thinks MLF is the problem, not number 2?

Cant imagine many think ML was the issue now.

I never thought ML was the problem. We run concepts and plays that work throughout the league. ML is also good at manufacturing yards with gadget plays.

I think he is good but needs further refinement. Watching Warner breakdown film shows that the spacing on our plays isn’t always optimal. Could be the play design or poor player execution. Who knows? But ML is solid and I expect him to get better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The logic with those plays is that guys like Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios are great yac guys. Especially Wilson. They haven’t worked but those plays work around the league. We just need to get better at executing them and maybe finder better times to call them.

In general, our screen game is weak at the moment.

Garrett Wilson's carry could have gone for considerable yardage, but he picked the wrong hole. If he had cut upfield a few steps sooner, he had daylight. His vision wasn't good on that play.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Garrett Wilson's carry could have gone for considerable yardage, but he picked the wrong hole. If he had cut upfield a few steps sooner, he had daylight. His vision wasn't good on that play.

Noticed the same. He might of gone for six if he cut back a second earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...