Big Shout Out Too ......

Smashmouth

15 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This MW fan club is die hard I’ll give you that. Why should he be the starter next year? Why not bring in a vet FA? Or trade for one?

What do you think Jimmy G or Derrik Carr is gonna do that you haven't seen so far in MW career?  There's only a few elite QBs in the league than you are in OK territory which I think MW is. 

11 hours ago, Hex said:

What's your reasoning?

He's not a quality starter and the Jets already have an excellent number two guy with Mike White.  Retain Mike White as the best number two QB in the league and look at every option for a true franchise QB.  My feeling is that they should carry both Wilson and White with the very remote possibility that Wilson can make strides.  JD should also look to the draft for another QB or shell out $$$ for a guy like Jimmy G.  I know it all sounds wacky, but the Jets are in a very odd place with their QB situation and you have to make a constant priority to get a bona fied franchise qb until you are sure you have one.  If that means keeping Wilson, White and drafting another one or paying for Jimmy G, you do it.  I'm more leaning towards drafting a guy like McKee late first round early second and letting him sit and learn if needed while White runs the starting offense.  

I cant stress enough how important having a very good QB is.  If you dont have one you need to break with all convention until you find one.

And going back to the beginning of this post, the Jets already have great options for a number two on the roster,  They don't need GM. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Lets say MW plays well down the stretch and we make the playoffs.  What's a cheap show me deal?  If we have to franchise him it's a one year deal at over 30 million.  If were going to give him a "Show me" deal, it I'm MW i bet on myself because he's MFW.

I love Mike White, but if someone wants to give him $30 million per, I’d wish him all the best and pivot to a cheap veteran.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Why not ?  Because this team likes MW he's a damn good QB who gives everything he's got as evidenced in todays damn game and by doing anything else other than starting MW next year would be dreadfully stupid . 

This could be the single dumbest post I have read in weeks hell you're giving jetson's and the other butt hurt buffon's a run for their money and you have no basis for it.

This is not about a Mike White fan club this is about the best QB on this roster going out and moving this team and said team loves playing hard for him. This is NOT about pretty boy or free agents.

I’ll say it. He’s lost two in a row. Tough is great, but, can we score maybe? 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

There are no morons in charge anymore.

Jets had the worst, bottom feeding roster in the league last year and one year later than can play a tough game against almost anyone.

Sorry but the jury is still out on Bob especially after that moronic bone head decision to kick a FG at the end on 4th and a foot.  You don’t win that way we all know it.

35 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think 41 td to 12 int and MUCH more mobility than Mike White requires more than a dismissive "no".

The Jets don't need another good number two QB.  They already have one.  Mike White.  They need and must have a true franchise QB.  If I was the GM, I would keep swinging the bat until I hit a grand slam no matter how many times I whiff.

I cant stress this enough.  No QB = No wins against strong teams.

The QB is everything... 

Not my fault.  The powerbrokers in in the league want a track meet with basketball scores. 

Swim with the tide or get washed down stream.  Mustache and all. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, undertow said:

What do you think Jimmy G or Derrik Carr is gonna do that you haven't seen so far in MW career?  There's only a few elite QBs in the league than you are in OK territory which I think MW is. 

They both score touchdowns and put points on the board which tends to be a key in victory which we are severely lacking at the moment. Even minshew would probably be an improvement over White. He is much more mobile and won’t take the hits like White has and has a. Very good td/int ratio 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

They both score touchdowns and put points on the board which tends to be a key in victory which we are severely lacking at the moment. Even minshew would probably be an improvement over White. He is much more mobile and won’t take the hits like White has and has a. Very good td/int ratio 

The Jets don't have a line and running game in the red zone since the Hall injury which makes them predictable and the play calling is a bit questionable this idea that Mike White can't thrown TD passes is overblown...plus I would check some stats and see how many TD passes a game Jimmy G throws....Minshew being an upgrade is a joke you guys talk about sh*tty QBs on other teams like they are Brady becuase you don't watch them every snap.

1 minute ago, undertow said:

The Jets don't have a line and running game in the red zone since the Hall injury which makes them predictable and the play calling is a bit questionable this idea that Mike White can't thrown TD passes is overblown...plus I would check some stats and see how many TD passes a game Jimmy G throws....Minshew being an upgrade is a joke you guys talk about sh*tty QBs on other teams like they are Brady becuase you don't watch them every snap.

“Minshew being an upgrade is a joke” 

3DDD2F2F-2C81-49FD-938F-7E764A46FBA5.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

You realize 20 TD passes a year doesn't prove your point right? lol

He’s only had 21 starts and 42 tds. That’s 2 per game started with only 12 ints in that time.  He’s come in after injury in some games, and I don’t feel like looking at game longs so those numbers aren’t 100% correct, but close enough. 

• More Ugh 1

Lets say MW plays well down the stretch and we make the playoffs.  What's a cheap show me deal?  If we have to franchise him it's a one year deal at over 30 million.  If were going to give him a "Show me" deal, it I'm MW i bet on myself because he's MFW.
30 mill and if I'm JD I shake his hand and say .."great run kid .. good luck out there it's a tough world"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets don't need another good number two QB.  They already have one.  Mike White.  They need and must have a true franchise QB.  If I was the GM, I would keep swinging the bat until I hit a grand slam no matter how many times I whiff.

What does swinging the bat look like?

@Spoot-Face you stay the hell away from responding

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

He's not a quality starter and the Jets already have an excellent number two guy with Mike White.  Retain Mike White as the best number two QB in the league and look at every option for a true franchise QB.  My feeling is that they should carry both Wilson and White with the very remote possibility that Wilson can make strides.  JD should also look to the draft for another QB or shell out $$$ for a guy like Jimmy G.  I know it all sounds wacky, but the Jets are in a very odd place with their QB situation and you have to make a constant priority to get a bona fied franchise qb until you are sure you have one.  If that means keeping Wilson, White and drafting another one or paying for Jimmy G, you do it.  I'm more leaning towards drafting a guy like McKee late first round early second and letting him sit and learn if needed while White runs the starting offense.  

I cant stress enough how important having a very good QB is.  If you dont have one you need to break with all convention until you find one.

And going back to the beginning of this post, the Jets already have great options for a number two on the roster,  They don't need GM. 

I used to think Jimmy G would be fine but he gets hurt every season. 

Why don't you think Minshew is a quality starter anyways? He has 41 TDs to 12 INTs in his career and the only reason he's a backup is because the Jaguars invested everything into TL and Jalen Hurts is an MVP candidate.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah because that’s how the Jets always go when they have a talented roster and morons in charge, I’ve seen this movie before some idiot will ruin and blow this thing up right after we just fall short.

What does what past regimes have to do with what this regime has done?  Nothing

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What does swinging the bat look like?

@Spoot-Face you stay the hell away from responding

it looks like scouting, interviews and drafting based on those...  keep drafting qb's until you find the right one.  mr. coffe sucked, but he did have one good idea.  always draft a qb somewhere in the draft.  if your roster has a very good number two guy that is almost a number one like Mike White, you can draft a new prospect with tools and keep him on the bench learning for part of if not an entire season. 

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

I used to think Jimmy G would be fine but he gets hurt every season. 

Why don't you think Minshew is a quality starter anyways? He has 41 TDs to 12 INTs in his career and the only reason he's a backup is because the Jaguars invested everything into TL and Jalen Hurts is an MVP candidate.

Limited arm strength and limited mobility.  He'll be fine against lesser to just above average teams, but he wont get you past the top teams in big games.  An NFL team that wants to win big division games and win in the playoffs needs to have a very physically talented QB with a mindset that takes winning for granted

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Limited arm strength and limited mobility.  He'll be fine against lesser to just above average teams, but he wont get you past the top teams in big games.  An NFL team that wants to win big division games and win in the playoffs needs to have a very physically talented QB with a mindset that takes winning for granted

Minshew is more mobile than our first 2 QBs on the roster. I'd have to look into the arm strength part, you may be right about that though.

Plus, if those are your issues why do you think Jimmy G is an option at all? Speak of arm strength and mobility.

You may be right, but finding a smart QB that also has the arm strength, mobility and sustainability is very difficult. They are very few in numbers.

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Yeah this wont be 2 years and done and that was not implied . Zach's draft status will be the only reason if he ever gets another shot. Personally from what I have seen, Zach is too afraid to play this position and its nullifying his superior talent.

I've said this 100 times (and this is not directed at you)  you can't play the QB position in this league when scared of the pocket, you just can't and that's what loses your teammates faster than anything.

I agree but I don't think he's 'scared' in the pocket. Happy feet? Definitely. Self survival? Probably. I've seen a lot of tape where he does both - stay in pocket and runs backwards a mile.  It's definitely something he has to adjust to and you can bet your bottom dollar they are working on that with him.  

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Sorry but the jury is still out on Bob especially after that moronic bone head decision to kick a FG at the end on 4th and a foot.  You don’t win that way we all know it.

We all can get nit picky here and there to support our positions.

I just think I’m seeing the best HC that has been around these parts in a long time, and I was actually against him right around his “receipts” comment where I saw a team still not anything close to what it looks like today.

I see a team who pretty much in totality loves the guy and will run through a wall for him and they appear to play like that almost every single week “All Gas”, no huge letdowns and funks you’d see from this team for decades, usually after a big win where they had been an underdog.

Yesterday's game was lost on 3 plays.  The two turnovers and Moseley offsides, none of those are on Saleh.

FG or go for it on 4th down.  The probability of winning at that point of the game was minuscule no matter what choice was made.  Not against every team mind you, but a Top 3 D that Buffalo has along with the fact they were going through the Jet OL like they weren’t even on the field.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s what we’re trying to see here—is Mike White good enough to let us avoid paying Derek Carr or Garoppolo, etc? Is Mike White good enough to be worth developing in 2023? Mostly, is Mike White good enough to let Douglas move on from Zach Wilson and take the cap hit? I don’t think they’ll go into 2023 with both White and Zach, so it’s really about deciding which one they want to commit resources to, if it’s either of them.

Agreed. Jets fans need to wake up from Zach vs Mike and admit neither guy is the answer 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hex said:

Minshew is more mobile than our first 2 QBs on the roster. I'd have to look into the arm strength part, you may be right about that though.

Plus, if those are your issues why do you think Jimmy G is an option at all? Speak of arm strength and mobility.

You may be right, but finding a smart QB that also has the arm strength, mobility and sustainability is very difficult. They are very few in numbers.

Indeed.  Few in numbers. But a must have.  

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

We all can get nit picky here and there to support our positions.

I just think I’m seeing the best HC that has been around these parts in a long time, and I was actually against him right around his “receipts” comment where I saw a team still not anything close to what it looks like today.

I see a team who pretty much in totality loves the guy and will run through a wall for him and they appear to play like that almost every single week “All Gas”, no huge letdowns and funks you’d see from this team for decades, usually after a big win where they had been an underdog.

Yesterday's game was lost on 3 plays.  The two turnovers and Moseley offsides, none of those are on Saleh.

FG or go for it on 4th down.  The probability of winning at that point of the game was minuscule no matter what choice was made.  Not against every team mind you, but a Top 3 D that Buffalo has along with the fact they were going through the Jet OL like they weren’t even on the field.

How about having Joe Flacco suit up as your backup?  Berrios would do better in wildcat the rest of the game over him.  That’s on Saleh.  The decision making is on Saleh he is HC.  This staff has proved absolutely NOTHING other then they can’t develop a QB.

22 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Carter , Mosley and Flacco for costing us this game. The Flacco play was the worst knowing the pocket was collapsing on him and he still fumbled it away instead of protecting the ball. Zach needs to be elevated too number 2 and Flacco needs to be cut no one needs that kind of mentor . Streveler can be #3 possibly even number 2.

How many games can this team hand out ?

Any Jet Fan who says anyone other than Mike White should be the QB of this franchise moving forward is an Idiot that includes trades or any other idiotic idea's . And Yes he should also be the QB starting next year.

On the bright side this team can make the playoffs as a WC since now the division is out of reach .... then its zero - zero again BUFFALO and we will be coming for you Josh Allen.

Even Brighter next year this team will be a Super Bowl Contender .

P.S. LeFleur needs to stop handing the ball to Michael Carter inside the damn tackles. He a 3rd Down/Receiving back and that's all he will ever be. I think Carter had 6 yards Rushing and Knight was really starting to roll so why not feed the hot hand with the damn game on the line. A fumble is a fumble sh*t happens but Carter is just not cut out to run the ball inside and he never was.

In those conditions, the game was always gonna come down to who made the fewest mistakes. Bills blocking disaster on the blocked punt was their one big one. Jets though had 3; Moseley, and Flacco and Carter fumbling. I'm  not a "Lefleur is...whatever" guy, but no idea why you call a passing play for Flacco in that spot. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, undertow said:

Really a shame this team doesn't have Hall right now. That team would be playoff-dangerous. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I went low you went high. You're evolving as a person. 

Didn't really want to google "bat swing penis" or "bat swing sexual", but believe me, if my benign search and come across something like that, I would've posted it.

Post-note: "bat swing sexual" sound like the making of a steamy Batman-Robin fanfic.

• Haha 2