Let's talk Jets vs Detroit Lions

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not every ******* thread needs to be about Zach Wilson. It's almost like you hate yourself for wanting to suck his cock.

Basically, not every thread needs to be your coping mechanism, thanks. 

whatever

Put me on ignore then

that’s f—ing disgusting and says more about your own f—ed up mind than it does about me

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 11:49 AM, y2k8 said:

IF the Jets would have won in Buffalo yesterday, Lions at home had all the makings of a SOJ disaster. I went to one of those in 2000. Jets lost a game they had no business losing. Largely forgotten bc the subsequent Christmas disaster in Baltimore overshadowed it.

That said, we lost yesterday, so I strangely feel much better about Sunday. I'm more fearful of Thursday night vs the Jags.

I share these exact bizarre feeling 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not every ******* thread needs to be about Zach Wilson. It's almost like you hate yourself for wanting to suck his cock.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I hadn't clicked in this thread before but saw your post as the preview of the thread, and was 100% certain you were responding to Fidelio here. 

38 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Not sure why you would. Fidelio doesn't turn every thread into a Zach Wilson thread. It's usually some on the negative side of the Zach Wilson equation that are creepily obsessed with him.

Bolded for you. And yes, he does.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to hear any excuses. This is a must win. Jets have played well enough to win in spite of back to back losses the past two weeks. They have to get rid of the stupid penalties and establish the run. No excuses. You play with who you got. We cannot let the Lions dominate possession. Make them punt alot. 

What's the deal with James Robinson? Get him involved, MLF.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t have any such problem but it sounds like maybe you do.

Most of this board is fine, but I guess it’s inevitable there will be toxic waste thrown into the mix at some point.

1) I'm not the one that wrote it so you're misdirecting and deflecting your issues on the wrong person.

2) I wasn't even talking about you, so there's also that. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rick Moranis Reaction GIF

He's probably not playing. 

Not many of Saleh's "50-50" guys have played this year. Corey Davis was "50-50" for several weeks before he got back into the lineup.

Huge loss if he can't suit up. 

We need Mike White and the offense to ball and score some touchdowns in the red zone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's probably not playing. 

Not many of Saleh's "50-50" guys have played this year. Corey Davis was "50-50" for several weeks before he got back into the lineup.

Huge loss if he can't suit up. 

We need Mike White and the offense to ball and score some touchdowns in the red zone. 

The defense won't be the same without him. Thankfully we can still afford to lose a game to an NFC opponent.

• Upvote 1

Detroit Lions last 5 games (4-1) Defensive Stats

Opposing QBs

1465 yds (293 ypg)

64% comp

8 tds

4 int

15 sacks

Rushing Defense

126 attempts

628 Yds

5.0 ypc

6 TDs

20.3 PPG Allowed

This is a really blitz heavy team especially in the last 5 games which has led to more pressures and sacks. Their defense is still very vulnerable to the passing game if the blitz doesn't get home. They don't have a lot of talent in their defense. 

37 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Detroit Lions last 5 games (4-1) Defensive Stats

Opposing QBs

1465 yds (293 ypg)

64% comp

8 tds

4 int

15 sacks

Rushing Defense

126 attempts

628 Yds

5.0 ypc

6 TDs

20.3 PPG Allowed

This is a really blitz heavy team especially in the last 5 games which has led to more pressures and sacks. Their defense is still very vulnerable to the passing game if the blitz doesn't get home. They don't have a lot of talent in their defense. 

It's a get right game for the offense at home and we might need just that, it will be tough keeping the Lions to the 18 points a game average the D has let up w/out Q. Will.  This might be a game where the O needs to go score 30+ and if the D can keep them below 30 to win.  

30 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It's a get right game for the offense at home and we might need just that, it will be tough keeping the Lions to the 18 points a game average the D has let up w/out Q. Will.  This might be a game where the O needs to go score 30+ and if the D can keep them below 30 to win.  

Their offense doesn't travel. They've lit up some weak defenses during this 5-1 run. The Bills held them to 25 points in Detroit and the Jets have a better defense than the Bills. I'm more concerned with the Jets offense finishing drives. During this 6 game run the Lions defense has been similar in a way to the Vikings in that they give up a ton of yards but limit red zone TDs. They're still 30th in defensive red zone %.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup,  JD made a bad pick. Let's fire him and hire another GM you will hate because you aren't capable of understanding that every GM makes bad picks in every draft. 

People who criticize individual draft picks as if they own a crystal ball are the most insufferable kind of football fan. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Dax89 said:

People who criticize individual draft picks as if they own a crystal ball are the most insufferable kind of football fan. 

If they make a judgement on draft day about a pick they can crow or eat crow all they like, 100% valid.

At the end of the day you have to make more good moves and picks than bad ones.  And if you want to heap credit for making good picks you have to lay blame for bad picks.

Looks like the Lions D turned the corner the past several weeks, specifically the pass D. This article is from the 6th, so excludes the Vikings game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.prideofdetroit.com/platform/amp/2022/12/6/23495588/most-impressive-feat-detroit-lions-turnaround-pass-defense

But just look at the stats from opposing quarterbacks over the past five weeks:

105-of-183 (57.4%), 1,223 yards (6.7 Y/A), 7 TDs, 7 INTs, 74.9 passer rating

Here’s where those stats rank in the NFL from Weeks 9 to Week 13:

57.4% completions — 1st

74.9 passer rating — 2nd

7 INTs - 1st

They’ve also tallied exactly half (11) of their season total sacks (22) in just these five games.

Put it all together, and according to Football Outsiders, the Lions' pass defense has been the third-best in the NFL since Week 9. Yes, you read that right: the Lions have the third-best pass defense in the NFL over the past five games.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:47 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

Ah my earlier note thanking everyone for no reported posts while I was on vacation goes out the window.

Got email alerts on this one.

There was no other way you could have made this point? SMH.