Garrett Wilson's antics

LSJF

51 minutes ago, Origen said:

So we should be content that we suffer fools as well a everyone else does?

What's the alternative?  Deleting half the threads?  

No one is "content" about the degradation of discourse around here.  There's just not much to be done about it other than "doing better".  Complaining about it gets us nowhere.

5 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

GW would have Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson numbers this season if he could get a little consistency out of the QB spot. You know how long it’s been since the Jets had that??? He can do whatever he wants 

Keep it in-house 

When you’re the first WR in the history of the game to catch every ball thrown your way, then you can show others up.

Id love to see how many would call Zach a fiery leader if after a dropped pass he was seen on camera flailing his arms.  I’m guess not one who was fine with GW doing it

• Upvote 2

so garrett wilson thinks zach wilson gave up the punt return for a td and then the 50 yard td pass with 2 minutes to play?  imo the guy just wants to win.  he sees them up 4 with 2 minutes left and then down 3 shortly thereafter.  zach hit a couple of incredible throws to get them field goal range for a tie.

you can blame zach for only so much on sunday.  maybe the worst plays were the ones called at the goal line that led to a three and out and mann's punt.  i get the thing about trying to run to get some distance from the goal line but in hindsight maybe a safety plus the ensuing kick might have turned out to be a 2 pt play instead of 7.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, LSJF said:

Yes, he's amazing..however getting sick of the on field antics... the throwing up of the hand in disgust, walking off the field shaking his head in disgust and pouting...

Don't show up your teammates EVEN if Zach does suck, be a pro, not a dbag...We all want to win, be cool...

******************NO this thread is not about Zach...  Yes Garrett is great, I just hope he doesn't become a locker room lawyer... 

We should beg to have another 5 more Garret Wilson type of players.  I am sure Yankee fans would love to have Paul ONeill type players right about now. 

We havent had this caliber of players in ever, so we dont recognize a good thing when we have it. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

We should beg to have another 5 more Garret Wilson type of players.  I am sure Yankee fans would love to have Paul ONeill type players right about now. 

We havent had this caliber of players in ever, so we dont recognize a good thing when we have it. 

Emotion is great, Paul  ONeil, one of my favorite players, but he never ever showed up another teammate on the field… And if he did have a problem with a teammate, it was in house

I've been a Jets fan since before man landed on the moon and I have never seen one player cause such dissension among the fanbase like we are witnessing with this whole Zach Wilson error era. The Tim Tebow fans who were driven by some type of cult-like fandom never tore the fans in half like what is happening now. The sooner that Wilson is off this team the better it will be for team unity and fan harmony.  I keep having these guys telling me that I should go root for another team because I don't think that Zach Wilson (not Garrett) is good enough to be the QB of the Jets. As if that is even possible, it's like me trying to disavow my being 100% Italian-How would I even be able to communicate without the use of my hands? 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I've been a Jets fan since before man landed on the moon and I have never seen one player cause such dissension among the fanbase like we are witnessing with this whole Zach Wilson error era. The Tim Tebow fans who were driven by some type of cult-like fandom never tore the fans in half like what is happening now. The sooner that Wilson is off this team the better it will be for team unity and fan harmony.  I keep having these guys telling me that I should go root for another team because I don't think that Zach Wilson (not Garrett) is good enough to be the QB of the Jets. As if that is even possible, it's like me trying to disavow my being 100% Italian-How would I even be able to communicate without the use of my hands? 

Keep it in-house, he’s not a coach, a dissension will spread all over the team, my point is, when Zack is gone who is the next person he’s throwing his hands up on, contract time comes tweets will emerge…

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Garrett Wilson is going to be a top 5 NFL receiver next season when the Jets get the QB situation ironed out.

Actually he has the 11th most yards right now this year. This kid is going to be top 3 in no time.

Nobody is doubting his talent, the diva bull crap will just spread on to the next person he doesn’t like, or coach move he doesn’t like, do you get it? It’s not about his talent, which I thought I made clear… But remember don’t mess with the Duttons

37 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Garrett Wilson kicks ass and I'm glad he's holding his teammates to a high standard. 

Sure, I didn’t know he was the GM and Coach… He’ll just spread locker room cancer if he keeps this up, Can’t wait to read his tweets  in contract time… when Zack is gone, Is that gonna make him all happy… I love his talent, love it, just keep this crap in  house

LSJF asked: when Zack is gone who is the next person he’s throwing his hands up on?

on himself I'm sure LSJF, I think what happened was a cumulative effect of the situation they were in, the crap non-calls that the Jets TEAM is always seemingly also having to battle through, and the frustration of not converting- it may also have something to do with the inconsistency associated with the QB play, but truth be told my fellow old-timer, we really don't know, nor should we speculate what's in a man's heart.

2 hours ago, TommyT said:

Strip Zach's team captain patch and give it to Garrett. Not all Wilson’s are created equal.

That’s real leadership? Showing up other players on the field… Where do I sign up for that leader ship, I think it’s punk ass… Not his talent, the behavior, he’s a rookie

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

on himself I'm sure LSJF, I think what happened was a cumulative effect of the situation they were in, the crap non-calls that the Jets TEAM is always seemingly also having to battle through, and the frustration of not converting- it may also have something to do with the inconsistency associated with the QB play, but truth be told my fellow old-timer, we really don't know, nor should we speculate what's in a man's heart.

I hear you I like the player, don’t get me wrong, That’s not leadership, emotion is cool, not calling out other players… I guess I am old-school, lol

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I wouldn't trade Garrett for any Wr in the NFL. Even with marginal efficiency at Qb and an offense that is below average he has become an impact player. As for his antics he is who he is a typical NFL wide receiver. 

Love his talent, he’s a rookie, he could tone down the diva antics towards his teammates….

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

I hear you I like the player, don’t get me wrong, That’s not leadership, emotion is cool, not calling out other players… I guess I am old-school, lol

Sometimes we forget that we're talking about 21-22-23 year old kids, we have to stop and put ourselves as we were at a that age in their cleats. SFJ in the summer of 1977-78 most likely would have been fighting with the guy who was covering me and drawing a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and an ejection.

• Haha 2