Jump to content

****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****


T0mShane

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Wilson is the worst qb on the roster. I don’t know how many times you need to see that on full display

The expression “I’d rather be in Philadelphia” is derived from a fictional epitaph that locally-born entertainer W.C. Fields (1880-1946) proposed for himself in Vanity Fair magazine in 1925: “Here lies W.C. Fields. I would rather be living in Philadelphia.” By implying that Philadelphia would be slightly preferable to the grave

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I basically think MLF is not going to trust Zach to throw in this kind of weather and we are going to rely on MC. This crap with Breece Hall being injured really sucks now. 

If MLF goes run run pass tonight it might be the last nail in his coffin.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This. The difference-maker between game 1 vs Buffalo and game 2, is that they got Knox out in space versus our LB and S.

That's the ideal way to attack the bee swam that the Jets run.  Get pass catchers with some leverage out in space at the second level of the defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If MLF goes run run pass tonight it might be the last nail in his coffin.

He might not have a choice. If Tex Antoine (Boomer joke) is accurate, the winds are going to be pretty bad at times. if that happens and takes away the longer passing game, that leaves you with short swing passes and slants. Last I checked, our QB does not exaclty shine on those so he might not have a choice but to rely on the run.

Fun times ahead at 8:20 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If MLF goes run run pass tonight it might be the last nail in his coffin.

First series 

1st down. Up the middle no gain

2nd down: Pass run option/run handoff 2 yard gain

3rd down: Wilson pass out to the sideline in 40mph wind. Misses WR by 4 yards

Punt (and with this wind and terrible punter, god knows how that will turn out)

We all know its coming lol

  • Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

First series 

1st down. Up the middle no gain

2nd down: Pass run option/run handoff 2 yard gain

3rd down: Wilson pass out to the sideline in 40mph wind. Misses WR by 4 yards

Punt (and with this wind and terrible punter, god knows how that will turn out)

We all know its coming lol

I can totally see that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He has a QB that regularly misses 10 yard passes. What is he supposed  to do? 

I’d like to see evidence that he is aware of his tendencies and to break them. Teams are stacking the box on the jets twice the league average. He’s getting his sh*t pushed in by DCs. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Larz said:

I’d like to see evidence that he is aware of his tendencies and to break them. Teams are stacking the box on the jets twice the league average. He’s getting his sh*t pushed in by DCs. 

Because the other team knows they don't  have to worry about his short to intermediate  game and the OL can't  pass block long enough for him to wait on players to get down field with any regularity. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They better give us something to root for -- I would love to see some toughness in this game like they had during the first chunk of the season. Last home game, weather be damned. Go out pissed off and take out the last few losses on the Jags. Make them quit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, JiFields said:

yeah, more than ready, she's bad ass though,...she wants to have this all natural so she's just been waiting but they wont let her go past tomorrow, so it wont be long before we meet him either way but she really wanted to go natural, so for her sake, I'm really hoping my prediction is right and comes tonight...I think I can handle missing the game for that.  lol 

My wife was same. But they had to induced with the first boy and that was tougher than the others which were natural. 
 

if you miss the game you won’t even know it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because the other team knows they don't  have to worry about his short to intermediate  game and the OL can't  pass block long enough for him to wait on players to get down field with any regularity. 

Because they know it’s going to be a run call. It’s predictable and that’s a problem. This offense has a lot of problems and that’s one of them. Don’t be the guy that spins everything to the guy you don’t like.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

yeah, more than ready, she's bad ass though,...she wants to have this all natural so she's just been waiting but they wont let her go past tomorrow, so it wont be long before we meet him either way but she really wanted to go natural, so for her sake, I'm really hoping my prediction is right and comes tonight...I think I can handle missing the game for that.  lol 

Wow good luck !   If it’s appropriate timing, my experience with our second was for her to take a long relaxed walk.  About 200 yards into her walk she got the first contraction.  So Zach Michael for a boy ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Because they know it’s going to be a run call. It’s predictable and that’s a problem. This offense has a lot of problems and that’s one of them. Don’t be the guy that spins everything to the guy you don’t like.  

Turning a blind eye to Wilson's inability to throw short to intermediate  routes accurately  or with touch doesn't  make it not so. The guy has terrible accuracy on these passes and you want him to throw more than he already does, in a rain storm on top of it. All this will accomplish is more 2nd and 10's because he can't  throw the passes you want to see him throw? I mean we're you watching the last game with your eyes closed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Turning a blind eye to Wilson's inability to throw short to intermediate  routes accurately  or with touch doesn't  make it not so. The guy has terrible accuracy on these passes and you want him to throw more than he already does, in a rain storm on top of it. All this will accomplish is more 2nd and 10's because he can't  throw the passes you want to see him throw? I mean were you watching the last game with your eyes closed? 

When I posted the offense has a lot of problems I assumed it was understood that the QB was included. We disagree.  Enjoy the game lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

When I posted the offense has a lot of problems I assumed it was understood that the QB was included. We disagree.  Enjoy the game lol 

So if you know the QB has this tendency  to miss on these passes, why would you want to throw a lot on first down? That kind of thing is only effective  if he completes a lot of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

yeah, more than ready, she's bad ass though,...she wants to have this all natural so she's just been waiting but they wont let her go past tomorrow, so it wont be long before we meet him either way but she really wanted to go natural, so for her sake, I'm really hoping my prediction is right and comes tonight...I think I can handle missing the game for that.  lol 

Congrats man!  That's awesome, best of luck to you and your family.

Brings back memories of my wedding day, September 2010.  We got a great deal on a place, but only opening was on a Sunday.  A football Sunday.  So, while at the reception, I snuck away several times to check the score...Jets ended up beating the Cheaters at home that day.

And they haven't beaten them in NJ since....

My prediction:  Jets win tonight, but don't beat the Jaguars again for 13 years LMAO

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Fine

 Sorry my point doesn't  fit your narrative.  

Narrative?  My convoluted spin is to try throwing on first and 10 against a loaded box more often instead of setting up 3rd and 8 with a predictable run up the middle

The New York jets are playing tonight not the Zach Wilson’s. that’s my narrative.  Seriously my friend you’re obsessing and that’s not healthy lol.  

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...