****The Officially Official NY Jets vs Seahags Game Thread****®️©️™️

BP

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve explained numerous times why a guy like Brady or Rodgers would want to come here.

A young superstar WR, a young stud RB and multiple cornerstone pieces on defense.

What other team desperate for a QB offers a better situation than the Jets besides maybe San Fran? And they may be totally content going into 2023 with Purdy and Lance.

Retaining White with the intention of him being anything more than the #2 next year is batsh*t insane. Chasing after Gardner Minshew and expecting him to be anything more than a fringe starter is equally as stupid.

The Jets need to do whatever it takes to land either Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Period

99% agree with this. 

The 1% issue with this, do you trust JD to even make the correct decision among those guys? That may be our path, but it needs to be someone else guiding us down it.

The reality is, he most likely panics, as most GMs do in this scenario, and he over pays or over compensates with picks to ensure he gets one of the top guys to save his job. 

Problem being, if the move does not pan out, it sets us back at minimum 3 or 4 years again. 

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Please prove me wrong…I read something similar to this article when he signed with the dolphins….I might of been mistaken, might have been more than $10 million….

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/nfl-star-likely-saved-millions-in-state-taxes-by-choosing-dolphins-over-jets-69999.html

7B12BD6C-9525-4C24-B0CD-86C585A217E6.png

Based on your logic then the Yankees and Mets shouldn’t be signing anyone. Neither should the dodgers 

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Please prove me wrong…I read something similar to this article when he signed with the dolphins….I might of been mistaken, might have been more than $10 million….

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/nfl-star-likely-saved-millions-in-state-taxes-by-choosing-dolphins-over-jets-69999.html

Hill signed with Miami because he’s from Florida and just built a massive mansion in Miami. Rosenhaus said he used to Jets to up Miami’s offer to the Chiefs to get the deal done.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hill signed with Miami because he’s from Florida and just built a massive mansion in Miami. Rosenhaus said he used to Jets to up Miami’s offer to the Chiefs to get the deal done.

I did not say he wanted to go to the jets, I said Tyreeks contract was worth more in Miami then it is with the jets.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve explained numerous times why a guy like Brady or Rodgers would want to come here.

A young superstar WR, a young stud RB and multiple cornerstone pieces on defense.

What other team desperate for a QB offers a better situation than the Jets besides maybe San Fran? And they may be totally content going into 2023 with Purdy and Lance.

Retaining White with the intention of him being anything more than the #2 next year is batsh*t insane. Chasing after Gardner Minshew and expecting him to be anything more than a fringe starter is equally as stupid.

The Jets need to do whatever it takes to land either Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Period

sure - he has a better WR at GB. Who knows if Breece comes back the same.

Sorry, not buying it or the idea that taking this lack luster O and adding a QB is going to make a difference - especially one who is losing with a better WR, and the better of the two LaFleurs.

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

99% agree with this. 

The 1% issue with this, do you trust JD to even make the correct decision among those guys? That may be our path, but it needs to be someone else guiding us down it.

The reality is, he most likely panics, as most GMs do in this scenario, and he over pays or over compensates with picks to ensure he gets one of the top guys to save his job. 

Problem being, if the move does not pan out, it sets us back at minimum 3 or 4 years again. 

I think he has to do it

If Douglas and Saleh survive this season, then they would have to have sh*t lodged between their ears to not realize that they’ll be fighting tooth and nail for their jobs in 2023.

Mike White isn’t going to save this team. Gardner Minshew isn’t going to save this team. Some rookie like Bryce Young or CJ Stroud isn’t going to save this team.

They have to make a substantial move at QB and it has to be for a proven veteran.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Based on your logic then the Yankees and Mets shouldn’t be signing anyone. Neither should the dodgers 

And in addition to that. NFL teams all have to spend the same amount of money. In the MLB you can have a 300 million payroll or a 40 million payroll. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I couldn't do it, i just couldn't.  The rest of the fan base would be happy and deservedly so but if brady comes here i am gonzo.

Don’t worry no chance he comes here.

he is going to have much better options than the jets.

anyone checking in on Kevin?

there is a chance he ends up in a jail cell tonight

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

I think he has to do it

If Douglas and Saleh survive this season, then they would have to have sh*t lodged between their ears to not realize that they’ll be fighting tooth and nail for their jobs in 2023.

Mike White isn’t going to save this team. Gardner Minshew isn’t going to save this team. Some rookie like Bryce Young or CJ Stroud isn’t going to save this team.

They have to make a substantial move at QB and it has to be for a proven veteran.

Oh I agree. I think you missed my point though, should Woody trust those two to possibly derail the next half of a decade? 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Oh I agree. I think you missed my point though, should Woody trust those two to possibly derail the next half of a decade? 

Honestly, he probably shouldn’t.

But this team isn’t landing a guy like Sean Payton short of giving him full control and $12+ million a year.

I just don’t see that happening 

So in all likelihood, we’d be yet again looking at giving some coordinator his first HC gig and hiring the director of player personnel from the Bengals or some sh*t as the GM.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Honestly, he probably shouldn’t.

But this team isn’t landing a guy like Sean Payton short of giving him full control and $12+ million a year.

I just don’t see that happening 

So in all likelihood, we’d be yet again looking at giving some coordinator his first HC gig and hiring the director of player personnel from the Bengals or some sh*t as the GM.

That's fair. But I would say, Woody HAS to be fuming about this. 

There has to be a point where he is so embarrassed, that he gives up and finally tries something new. 

He is what 6-7 major changes deep? All with first time HCs and GMs? 

8th time can't possibly be the charm lol. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Coquito said:

If nothing else, he definitely has to go.

Ummmmmm perhaps this shows why maybe a guy who was accurate before he got here mow with this coaching looks like an incompetent BUST!!

No more he turned MW into a pumpkin today!  It is a joke and I was afraid this was going to happen!!

@!@!!!  Good Grief! :(

27 minutes ago, extmenace said:

First of all, what you quote is a political statement and an estimate if he doesn’t hire a good accountant.  I don’t doubt he would’ve paid higher taxes in NY but only on the days he was in NY, as a legal resident of FL.  But — and I’m not trying to be funny here — I think he looked at Tua and Zach and decided on whose passes he wanted to catch.  Plus Miami looked closer to being a winner than the Jets.  But he’s not going to say that, so he talks about taxes.

51 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t want a journeyman

I want an established veteran like Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Don’t even care if Brady/Rodgers would only give us two years.

Bringing in a Gardner Minshew or Teddy Bridgewater does nothing to move this team forward.

You’re not getting Brady or Rogers and Carr is going to want more money that the Jets will want to pay.

56 minutes ago, extmenace said:

A few percentage points? At the NFL level that’s millions of dollars. Tyreek hills contract, if I’m not mistaken, is worth around 10 million more even though the jets and dolphins offered the same contract.

Playing in NY, you can easily make whatever it is up in endorsements.