****The Officially Official NY Jets vs Seahags Game Thread****®️©️™️

BP

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Do what you gotta. Answer isnt on roster at all.

They’re going to be picking 14th, so they’re out of range for the top prospects (who all stink anyway), and the free agents are all high-priced suckbags. Their best path is to tank next year and try for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 24. 

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sorry there almost no zac fan boys, there are people that said:

Zac Wilson sucks

Everything blamed on zac wilson is not a zac wilson problem there are big flaws on this team.

There was almost no evidence to suggest white was actually good.

That is what people said.   And guess what?  Those people were 100 % correct.

And as predicated every excuse in the book that people blamed on wilson are being trotted out for white.

Zach being the worst QB in the NFl for two years definitely was the biggest issue with the team. Just like White playing like dogsh*t today was why they lost.  It’s a good roster with uninspired coaching and horrid QB play 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Of all the recent losses, this one bugs me the least.

Ya just can't win without a QB.  Now that White is playing like a career backup, there's no sense getting our hopes up.

Great rookies and improvements this year. 

Going into the season, I wanted meaningful games in December.  We got one in January.

So not too bad.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They’re going to be picking 14th, so they’re out of range for the top prospects (who all stink anyway), and the free agents are all high-priced suckbags. Their best path is to tank next year and try for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 24. 

The complete rebuild starts in 2 years!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I seriously doubt any firings are coming, but if they do, JD has to be the very first to go.  He in no way deserves to be handed his 3rd fall guy for the team still being total crap after 4 years.

With that said, the much more realistic situation is that both JD and Saleh will have one more year to prove themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I am ******* salivating for us to draft another USC QB. 

I will get off on that thought for a solid year at this point. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

I’m left here wondering why anyone making millions is so spooked by a few tax percentage points.  But, whatever.

A few percentage points? At the NFL level that’s millions of dollars. Tyreek hills contract, if I’m not mistaken, is worth around 10 million more even though the jets and dolphins offered the same contract.

They won't fire Saleh (I'm not saying they should), but if they did: They better hire a guy from the offensive side of the ball with a strong background as both a OC and HC (college is fine). No more D guys in an O driven league where the rules are slanted to favor the O throwing downfield. We need a coach who actually knows how to work with the QB and bring him along. The jets just spray and pray with their QB development. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

The only bright side to watching Zach and Magic Mike tank the season

Literally laughing uncontrollably @ the idea of any top QB wanting to come play for a head coach who is going to to close out the season losing 6 games in a row to miss the playoffs.

Everyone will be dying to come play for Gus Bradley 2.0 and his band of merry men.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Zach being the worst QB in the NFl for two years definitely was the biggest issue with the team. Just like White playing like dogsh*t today was why they lost.  It’s a good roster with uninspired coaching and horrid QB play 

The “it’s not Zach’s fault” argument fails to recognize how much time and effort went into propping Zach up that hurt everyone else on the team. That’s why drafting a bust in the top five usually burns the franchise down for five years. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think it was fool’s gold and a lot of things had to line up to get to 6-3 with opponent QB injuries and a miracle win etc. We are not “much” better than last year and this epic collapse proves it. Not enough progress and collapsing is extremely concerning. 

I don't believe the 2 are mutually exclusive - this team is IMO much better than last year, but at the same time this is not a good team. Before the season, I had predicted 6-8 wins - I got caught up in the hype by this team when we were 6-3 as well, but this team is miles ahead of where we were last year. Magic wins, and crippling last minute chokes aside. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

There 14 now definitely will be going higher after this loss.. and JD nor Rob gonna survive a tank. So that definitely not happen Someone like Richardson or even Hooker on a RS with high tools and Carr. Would work for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

Feel like the Giants making the playoffs and the Jets flaming out will provoke Woody into telling Douglas to go get Lamar Jackson from the Ravens to make a huge splash in the off-season and we immediately regret it.

I don’t think Woody knows he owns a football team.

• Haha 1