****The Officially Official NY Jets vs Seahags Game Thread****®️©️™️

BP

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I do think woody does something and on a large scale - question is will it be rational.

you can bet he is pissed watching his pal Mara go to the playoffs.

anyone know what seed the giants are and could they possibly get a home game if they win in round 1?

that would really set him off

Woody likes to be aggressive at qb. Best example is Favre which would have worked out if he just hadn’t gotten injured. Worst example is Tebow and probably Zach he meddled in

I think he goes after both Brady and Daniel Jones this offseason. Why not?

Just now, BP said:

There’s only one thing I have to say…. J… E…T…S….JETS JETS JETS failed us miserably today. There has to be some accountability for this sh*t..

And I don’t give a **** who it is. Just take the blame. They weren’t ready to play from the start which is on the coach.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

The Jets are more than a QB away. Offensive line is poor, the linebackers are slow and weak and the edge rushers are bog average. Whitehead has been okay at safety, but the rest of the group of safeties aren't good. Still a lot of holes on the roster that need to be filled judiciously.

OL was decimated by injuries including our best OL AVT

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are a QB away. Next season the expectation will be playoffs and the Jets need to go above and beyond to get proven production out of the position. I want absolute desperation out of Woody

i think they are way more than a QB away.  They have some good pieces but not enough to say QB away especially after they lose a lot of these players in off season.

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

The Jets are more than a QB away. Offensive line is poor, the linebackers are slow and weak and the edge rushers are bog average. Whitehead has been okay at safety, but the rest of the group of safeties aren't good. Still a lot of holes on the roster that need to be filled judiciously.

We are more like an OC away :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

I think the OL issues are a bit overblown by injuries at the moment. I think the needs are QB/OL/S but if QB gets stabilized, this is an immediate playoff team without touching anything else 

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, BP said:

There’s only one thing I have to say…. J… E…T…S….JETS JETS JETS failed us miserably today. There has to be some accountability for this sh*t..

MLF cannot survive. I gave him a greater than 50% chance to be back next year but now the team has to barrel someone.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Woody likes to be aggressive at qb. Best example is Favre which would have worked out if he just hadn’t gotten injured. Worst example is Tebow and probably Zach he meddled in

I think he goes after both Brady and Daniel Jones this offseason. Why not?

Brady is a long shot. The Raiders and McDaniels will be giving him whatever he wants to go to Vegas. I'd say that Daniel Jones will go back to the Giants.

Really think that Woody sees this game and decides to do something completely irrational like getting Lamar Jackson. Getting Carr or Jimmy G won't have the same "wow" factor that Woody craves.

1 minute ago, BP said:

And I don’t give a **** who it is. Just take the blame. They weren’t ready to play from the start which is on the coach.

At the very least, MLF should be shoveling everything off his desk into a cardboard box as soon as they get back.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

ROFL - why would Brady come here? Even with the desire to rub it into BB's face?

Rodgers - he has a 60 million/year and 180 million guaranteed. And, he is loosing with the better LaFleur - what makes you think he wins here? What makes you think he would listen to baby LaFleur? Guy complained about taking direction from a SB winning HC.

Good grief - let's give up the next 3 years of this team to get a guy who is overpaid, has a bad attitude, and is no more likely to win here - this teams O is broken - and old Rodgers isn't going to fix it.

I’ve explained numerous times why a guy like Brady or Rodgers would want to come here.

A young superstar WR, a young stud RB and multiple cornerstone pieces on defense.

What other team desperate for a QB offers a better situation than the Jets besides maybe San Fran? And they may be totally content going into 2023 with Purdy and Lance.

Retaining White with the intention of him being anything more than the #2 next year is batsh*t insane. Chasing after Gardner Minshew and expecting him to be anything more than a fringe starter is equally as stupid.

The Jets need to do whatever it takes to land either Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Period

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I think the OL issues are a bit overblown by injuries at the moment. I think the needs are QB/OL/S but if QB gets stabilized, this is an immediate playoff team without touching anything else 

Can't rely on Becton ever again, and the Jets whiffed on Tomlinson. Duane Brown is a stop-gap solution at best, and Fant was atrocious today before being subbed out for Ogbuehi. Every team gets injuries to the offensive line, and it's smart roster management to have depth on the line, which the Jets currently don't have. Getting AVT back will undoubtedly help, but I hope that Douglas realises that the problems with the OL won't disappear if we get the top-liners back healthy next season.

• Upvote 1

Some good news. 

After winning both JetsNation survivor contests, I have officially clinched victory in both JetsNation pick’em contests, even with one week to go. 

52-29-4 (11-6 best bets) in the free contest. 

45-35-5 (11-5-1 best bets) in the premium pay contest. 

Proud Saved By The Bell GIF

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, ausman said:

Check your math.  That’s vastly overstated.  And there are myriad ways to avoid taxes.

Please prove me wrong…I read something similar to this article when he signed with the dolphins….I might of been mistaken, might have been more than $10 million….

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/nfl-star-likely-saved-millions-in-state-taxes-by-choosing-dolphins-over-jets-69999.html

7B12BD6C-9525-4C24-B0CD-86C585A217E6.png

Over the 2nd half of the season..there are a couple of teams worse than the Jets in the NFL…but that’s about it

Im afraid “SOJ”.. applies more than ever.

The offense couldn’t get a single TD against injury-riddled porous defenses…the last 2 weeks

defense is pretty good..but over-rated and far from very good.    

back to the drawing board   Let’s lose next week..to gain a slightly better draft pick.

4 minutes ago, Coquito said:

At the very least, MLF should be shoveling everything off his desk into a cardboard box as soon as they get back.

I am so mad right now I can’t or don’t even want to talk about this team. It’s just like why did I even get my hopes up. You see the patriots show up today? I did

• Upvote 1