****The Officially Official NY Jets vs Seahags Game Thread****®️©️™️

BP

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

Feel like the Giants making the playoffs and the Jets flaming out will provoke Woody into telling Douglas to go get Lamar Jackson from the Ravens to make a huge splash in the off-season and we immediately regret it.

Woody is definitely going after a qb after this. JD is probably lobbying to give ZW another shot which hopefully Woody knows is the most stupid option by far.  White fascination is over too.

hopefully Woody goes after Brady.  At least it would piss off Krafts and the media

• Upvote 2

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I don't believe the 2 are mutually exclusive - this team is IMO much better than last year, but at the same time this is not a good team. Before the season, I had predicted 6-8 wins - I got caught up in the hype by this team when we were 6-3 as well, but this team is miles ahead of where we were last year. Magic wins, and crippling last minute chokes aside. 

6-8 wins was spot on. The way we got there is a disaster. 

17 minutes ago, ausman said:

There will be several options for a journeyman QB after the season, which is where this team should go.  Us the draft to plug OL holes and D safeties.  Try to draft a punter late.

I don’t want a journeyman

I want an established veteran like Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Don’t even care if Brady/Rodgers would only give us two years.

Bringing in a Gardner Minshew or Teddy Bridgewater does nothing to move this team forward.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Offer Reich some money to come run the offense and kick MLF to the curb. Living off his brothers name

Agree with this. If Saleh isn’t fired, this team needs to bring in an experienced, productive play caller whether it’s Frank Reich or someone else.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

A few percentage points? At the NFL level that’s millions of dollars. Tyreek hills contract, if I’m not mistaken, is worth around 10 million more even though the jets and dolphins offered the same contract.

Check your math.  That’s vastly overstated.  And there are myriad ways to avoid taxes.

Just now, Untouchable said:

I don’t want a journeyman

I want an established veteran like Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Don’t even care if Brady/Rodgers would only give us two years.

Bringing in a Gardner Minshew or Teddy Bridgewater does nothing to move this team forward.

Minshew stinks.  Where are all his supporters who were calling him faster Steve Young up until a day ago?

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I seriously doubt any firings are coming, but if they do, JD has to be the very first to go.  He in no way deserves to be handed his 3rd fall guy for the team still being total crap after 4 years.

With that said, the much more realistic situation is that both JD and Saleh will have one more year to prove themselves.

He is the most overrated GM in the history of the NYJ. This is a hot mess. Problem is that I believe they gave him 6 years and that is going to be expensive for the owner. 

We’ve witnessed managerial malpractice of the QB position….poor development of talent including  bad positional cooching, an inexperienced OC, with straight up bad back-ups. 
it’s hard to believe that JD came from the Eagles. Can you imagine howie roseman and that organization managing the qb position this negligently?

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Literally laughing uncontrollably @ the idea of any top QB wanting to come play for a head coach who is going to to close out the season losing 6 games in a row to miss the playoffs.

Everyone will be dying to come play for Gus Bradley 2.0 and his band of merry men.

We will find out. Saleh is heavily respected in the league. Seems to be the overarching thought that the Jets are one of the most attractive QB openings in the league right now

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

Woody is definitely going after a qb after this. JD is probably lobbying to give ZW another shot which hopefully Woody knows is the most stupid option by far.  White fascination is over too.

hopefully Woody goes after Brady.  At least it would piss off Krafts and the media

I do think woody does something and on a large scale - question is will it be rational.

you can bet he is pissed watching his pal Mara go to the playoffs.

anyone know what seed the giants are and could they possibly get a home game if they win in round 1?

that would really set him off

• Upvote 1