Zach Wilson calls out any Vet who may Start in 23

10 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

maybe so, but still he is projecting the correct attitude... 

... people have called  him immature - at least he is handling this correctly, but the ZW hate here is amazing...

The hate exists because he was sold by Chris simms and the knowitalls as Aaron Rodgers but better and he’s stunk and cost us the playoffs 

• Sympathy 1

Can’t say this is a bad thing if he wants to salvage his jet career.  I can’t help but think milfy had a bigger role than has been let on by anyone. Why this conclusion? Because the offense wasn’t scoring, players were in the dog house, he was rigid with his play calling and play construction.  Sounds like he was pissing players off and they got tired of it.  You get a couple of players like gWilson who don’t know better than to say what they think and maybe there’s some fire under the smoke.

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The hate exists because he was sold by Chris simms and the knowitalls as Aaron Rodgers but better and he’s stunk and cost us the playoffs 

so a guy who was hyped up by pundits and failed (partly due to coaching - they admitted that), deserves to be hated. Let me ask you this - when he was asked by the media, who is partly to blame for his hate, about what would he do if he had to compete next year, what should he have said? short of killing himself on live TV, what would have made fans not hate his response?

50 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

so a guy who was hyped up by pundits and failed (partly due to coaching - they admitted that), deserves to be hated. Let me ask you this - when he was asked by the media, who is partly to blame for his hate, about what would he do if he had to compete next year, what should he have said? short of killing himself on live TV, what would have made fans not hate his response?

I'll take a shot and go with 

Focus on the issues I had that led to my poor performance. Whether it was footwork, playbook, field sight etc. I am going to focus on what I need to do and not even consider or think about a training camp that is 8 months away. He also could have thrown in if he does not do that - training camp simply wont even matter.

Going with the I am going to make their lives a living hell or whatever he said in my opinion is tone deaf. The issue lies with him and yes with coaching but he has to control and fix what he can. I am pretty sure there is not 1 vet QB out there who if considering the Jets is worrying about Zach and training camp.

He is young so I try and give him a break when t comes to the media, but he does the same thing over and over (kind of like running backwards). His attitude always comes off as someone who has had success but it is now being challenged.

this may upset some but he has accomplished absolutely nothing so far in his career - he needs to act like it. 

• Upvote 1

Fück Z Wilson, he's the biggest liability in the NFL. I expect the Jets to make the hardest push for Lamar after the season ends. Good luck w that ZW.

If the New York Jets had a "Wack Pack" Wilson would lead that crew. 

48 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I'll take a shot and go with 

Focus on the issues I had that led to my poor performance. Whether it was footwork, playbook, field sight etc. I am going to focus on what I need to do and not even consider or think about a training camp that is 8 months away. He also could have thrown in if he does not do that - training camp simply wont even matter.

Going with the I am going to make their lives a living hell or whatever he said in my opinion is tone deaf. The issue lies with him and yes with coaching but he has to control and fix what he can. I am pretty sure there is not 1 vet QB out there who if considering the Jets is worrying about Zach and training camp.

He is young so I try and give him a break when t comes to the media, but he does the same thing over and over (kind of like running backwards). His attitude always comes off as someone who has had success but it is now being challenged.

this may upset some but he has accomplished absolutely nothing so far in his career - he needs to act like it. 

After that - jets fan site explodes: Zach concedes he is a bust; has no competitive instincts and is just stealing money :-)

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

more towards irrelevant at this point. Does anyone really care what Zach has to say to a potential camp rival?  LOL.

No. But if he, let's say, 'starts acting a fool', he WILL cause a problem in the locker room and force JD's hand to cut him or trade him for peanuts. 

The expectation is that he will keep his head down, work hard, and continue it try and improve. Not sure exactly what to make of this...hence my comment. Yes, I want him to be confident and feel like he should come into camp and work his butt off, making life 'hell' for any vet who comes in to replace him (even though he is technically no longer the starter lmfao). On the other hand, this is SO EARLY for this kind of talk. And it is just talk. Of all the guys in the locker room, this is probably the last guy I want to be hearing this from.  

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Please.  Wilson isn't some innocent victim in all this.  He has Steve Young and his Mom fighting battles for him.  He got asked if he let the defense down after a historically bad performance and his answer was a simple "No".  He's a grown man who is now very rich and yet acts like a petulant child at every turn.  He brings this on himself as much as others do for him.  So, yeah, nothing he says is gonna help.  Maybe he shouldn't have acted so immaturely before this point while also sucking.

In short, he isn't a nice boy like Sam Darnold supposedly was.  Darnold hate was purely tied to his poor performances.  Wilson hate is more than that.  And he's even worse than Darnold was, with a superior supporting cast.  Zach Wilson can get f**ked.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

He somehow wasn’t prepared for the question

Like 2 seconds after his answer he sort of caught himself and said “that’s not [meant] in a bad way or anything…hopefully it makes everybody better, right?” 

Cant imagine any other QB in the NFL saying he would make his teammate’s life a “living hell every day”

MW was asked a similar question and said even if he’s the backup or 3rd string or whatever his role is, his #1 responsibility is to be a good teammate 

From Saleh’s answers about the beach and whatnot and “finding yourself” it sounds like ZW is going through some sort of identity crisis

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2023 at 9:50 AM, bostonmajet said:

maybe so, but still he is projecting the correct attitude... 

... people have called  him immature - at least he is handling this correctly, but the ZW hate here is amazing...

Homer Simpson Fox GIF by AniDom

Zach is entitled I wonder how that happened 

18 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He was drafted No. 2 by Joe Douglas.  Douglas and Saleh acted like they just won the lottery when they drafted him.  Jets fans had absolutely every right to dream that we had the brass ring.  That dream entitles us as fans to zero.

The draft for Jets fans has the same impact that buying a lottery ticket has on most people.  Before the actual drawing you dream about what you're going to do with all that cash.   

The hate exists because fans and football fans particularly feel they are entitled to the occasional happy ending.  When their football team doesn't win the team is a bunch of losers and a lot of the fanbase feels like losers.  Lottery ticket buyers rarely delude themselves into thinking they are going to win and mostly don't get pissed when they don't win.  Fans for some dumb reason think when they root for a team they are entitled to a winner.  We aren't.

We don't really know who any of these guys are.  It's laundry that's professionally cleaned.

The hate for Zach on this board is over the top and absolutely awful.  That doesn't mean you can't ignore his ability to play the position at the NFL level. 

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He somehow wasn’t prepared for the question

Like 2 seconds after his answer he sort of caught himself and said “that’s not [meant] in a bad way or anything…hopefully it makes everybody better, right?” 

Cant imagine any other QB in the NFL saying he would make his teammate’s life a “living hell every day”

MW was asked a similar question and said even if he’s the backup or 3rd string or whatever his role is, his #1 responsibility is to be a good teammate 

From Saleh’s answers about the beach and whatnot and “finding yourself” it sounds like ZW is going through some sort of identity crisis

Does anyone care if Zach isn't as nice a guy, as good a teammate, as willing to blow the media with stock answers if he was actually a good NFL QB?  

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He was drafted No. 2 by Joe Douglas.  Douglas and Saleh acted like they just won the lottery when they drafted him.  Jets fans had absolutely every right to dream that we had the brass ring.  That dream entitles us as fans to zero.

The draft for Jets fans has the same impact that buying a lottery ticket has on most people.  Before the actual drawing you dream about what you're going to do with all that cash.   

The hate exists because fans and football fans particularly feel they are entitled to the occasional happy ending.  When their football team doesn't win the team is a bunch of losers and a lot of the fanbase feels like losers.  Lottery ticket buyers rarely delude themselves into thinking they are going to win and mostly don't get pissed when they don't win.  Fans for some dumb reason think when they root for a team they are entitled to a winner.  We aren't.

We don't really know who any of these guys are.  It's laundry that's professionally cleaned.

The hate for Zach on this board is over the top and absolutely awful.  That doesn't mean you can't ignore his ability to play the position at the NFL level. 

I was actually going to say the opposite.  There isn’t enough hatred and resentment of Zach Wilson on this messageboard 

40% of the posters here need to be proven wrong another thousand times over

11 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I was actually going to say the opposite.  There isn’t enough hatred and resentment of Zach Wilson on this messageboard 

40% of the posters here need to be proven wrong another thousand times over

Nice to see you used some judgement and decided not to say it.  

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please.  Wilson isn't some innocent victim in all this.  He has Steve Young and his Mom fighting battles for him.  He got asked if he let the defense down after a historically bad performance and his answer was a simple "No".  He's a grown man who is now very rich and yet acts like a petulant child at every turn.  He brings this on himself as much as others do for him.  So, yeah, nothing he says is gonna help.  Maybe he shouldn't have acted so immaturely before this point while also sucking.

In short, he isn't a nice boy like Sam Darnold supposedly was.  Darnold hate was purely tied to his poor performances.  Wilson hate is more than that.  And he's even worse than Darnold was, with a superior supporting cast.  Zach Wilson can get f**ked.  

LOL - try to enjoy the off season if that is possible...