Ryan Fitzpatrick as a backup?

Wit

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Pointman:  "BRING IN STAFFORD"

Everyone else:  "He basically has sciatica.  He can't even feel the football when he throws it, probably."

Pointman:  "DOESN'T MATTER HE'S BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT"

Someone else:  "Sight Fitzpatrick as the QB2"

Also Pointman:  "F**K NO HE'S ANNOYING"

Its like, you know me. 

Come Closer Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And he might be one of the all-time NFL losers. Never on a playoff team, never winning a big game.  17 seasons of losing.  17 seasons of getting replaced by other QBs and getting released and traded.  17 seasons and 9 teams.  

yea so. 

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I love how Fitz is one of the unanimously loved players among NFL fans with the exception of some bitter and miserable Jets fans.

They prefer to love hopeless losers like Sanchez, Darnold and Wilson. At least for a while, till the next great hope is drafted.  Some Jets fans hate actual fun and actual production, they seemingly prefer to be miserable as long as there is some magic upside to cling.

I swear there is a Phd thesis paper in there.

PS not signing Fitz immediately was the error in 2016. Front office ruined that season with their cheapskate, "but Geno might still be good" ways, along with our usual mass of injuries. Injuries being the biggest slayer of Jets hope for years now….

PSS no one is signing Fitz in 2023 lol

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They prefer to love hopeless losers like Sanchez, Darnold and Wilson. At least for a while, till the next great hope is drafted.  Some Jets fans hate actual fun and actual production, they seemingly prefer to be miserable as long as there is some magic upside to cling.

I swear there is a Phd thesis paper in there.

PS not signing Fitz immediately was the error in 2016. Front office ruined that season, along with our usual mass of injuries. Injuries being the biggest slayer if Jets hope for years now….

PSS no one is signing Fitz in 2023 lol

That our fans would blame Fitzpatrick for the debacle in 2016 is ridiculous in itself.

It wasn't even just the injuries. From that 2016 roster only Robby Anderson would go on to have another half decent season in the NFL- other than Fitzpatrick himself. 

Mangold, Brick, Marshall, Decker, Forte- all got old in a hurry and every one of them was washed. Fitz wasn't the problem. 

• Upvote 2