Schefter: Packers prefer to move on from Rodgers

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

i have said it before and i will say it again....keeping rodgers means they say bye bye to Love....i cant see that happening after the investment they made in him and the financial advantages they would gain over the next 2 years.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

i have said it before and i will say it again....bringing in rodgers means they say bye bye to Love....i cant see that happening after the investment they made in him and the financial advantages they would gain over the next 2 years.

So you think they’re gonna get rid of both Rodgers and Love?

• WTF? 2

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So you think they’re gonna get rid of both Rodgers and Love?

no sorry, poorly worded....cant see them keeping rodgers. with their cap situation, aaron jones with a 16m cap savings number, and all the other FA's....move to love is the only move for them.

• Upvote 2

Is there a link to where 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think the tearful last game in GB is the giveaway. He'll be on a new team for 2023, just a matter of how long the Jets are willing to wait. 

Rodgers will have to make a decision by FA or the Jets will have had to strike out on all the other QBs for me to wait til June to get him.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think this is the first time I've seen Schefter/Rap say "Packers prefer to move on from Rodgers" - that piece is certainly new, we had only heard that from smaller writers. 

The linked article is just the podcast quotes and speculation , there isn’t a quote from Green Bay or anything like that. 

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Is there a link to where 

I think the tearful last game in GB is the giveaway. He'll be on a new team for 2023, just a matter of how long the Jets are willing to wait. 

Rodgers will have to make a decision by FA or the Jets will have had to strike out on all the other QBs for me to wait til June to get him.

I'm willing to wait if it means the Jets keep their 13th overall pick in this years draft. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I gotta admit, when the season ended I did not see Rodgers falling right into the Jets lap. Finally a stroke of good luck to launch the Jets into title contention if it happens

I started thinking about it around December then Green Bay went on a nice run and figured he’d give it another go there. 

The Jets check a lot of his boxes and he’d prob have a field day getting to say whatever he wants to the media. He’s gonna hate the beat writers here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

The linked article is just the podcast quotes and speculation , there isn’t a quote from Green Bay or anything like that. 

This was from the article, not a quote from a named source but Schefter says "League sources are convinced that the franchise prefers to move on from Rodgers, just as it once did with Brett Favre. Those sources also believe that Rodgers is well aware of the Packers' feelings on the situation."

I definitely could have missed Rodgers/McAfee talking about that but that was news to me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

This was from the article, not a quote from a named source but Schefter says "League sources are convinced that the franchise prefers to move on from Rodgers, just as it once did with Brett Favre. Those sources also believe that Rodgers is well aware of the Packers' feelings on the situation."

I definitely could have missed Rodgers/McAfee talking about that but that was news to me.

Agree but it’s not new and not from the packers. That’s been speculation for awhile now.  

Promising development, but if Rodgers does come here he has to be in Florham Park

for the ENTIRE off-season program.  He can't be flying down to Peru during OTA's,

his presence would change the entire offense and he would need to be here to put

his stamp on the team

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

BTW i think Conor Hughes went down the sh*tter as a beat writer this season....but he tweeted something that made sense to me.

Hackett knows if he fails here, his career is probably set back years coming off the Denver disaster...why would he take the job not knowing what he is getting into. Can't forget that Hackett had a multi-year deal with Denver which will be impacted with his comeback i am sure.

This I don’t buy.

His career was already on life support.

Saleh threw him a life preserver while doing his usual spin to try and make it sound as if their new hire was in demand:  “we feel really fortunate to have gotten him.  He checked all the boxes, etc.”

I liked Hughes when he started at The Athletic.

But he’s grown too opinionated as to “what the Jets should do” and also become a mouthpiece for 1JD spin control.  Fans don’t care what a beat writer would do as GM.  It’s like just report the facts and give us the scoops bro.