Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

They could also request Saleh’s 8th born child, but you can’t always get what you want. But if you try real hard you might… 

McAfee and AJ Hawk yesterday laughing that Packers fans are going to be pissed off made me feel a lot better that we're not the crazy ones (for once...about this topic, specifically lol)

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Wingo doesn’t know sh!t, just like I said days ago.  No one knows.  I saw florio said the packers could wait til the draft.  If so, move on.

You said no one knows sh*t then proceeded to comment on what Mike Florio said which is the last person anyone should take seriously. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Takes so much pressure off the Oline by minimizing blitzes and stacked boxes.  

As we saw in Jets/Packers game last year, Rodgers tends to hold onto the ball longer than  many Qb's not named Allen & Mahomes. We definitely need to address OL depth this Draft & in FA. We can't let injuries ruin, what could otherwise be, a ALL GAS, NO BRAKES season. 

• Upvote 2

This narrative that if we get these guys that AR would like here that it ruins things is ridiculous.

Lazard we needed. We get him for CHEAPER than Davis is. And guess what Lazard stays healthy. He was a good pick up even if we don't get AR.

Cobb will cost nothing. Wee cut Berrios bc he wouldn't restructure to the # we wanted. Cobb will be dirt cheap and fills that role. Just a depth WR. That can offer leadership for Moore and GW. Help get them on the same page as AR. And let's not forget has a lot of knowledge he can pass along.

Lewis who would be our 3rd TE and might get some snaps in obvious rushing situations. We totally under utilized Uzo last year as a receiving threat bc we had to keep him in to block too often. Let Lewis take the blocking duties and let Uzo run more routes. And just like Cobb... he offers that leadership, getting on the same page as AR, and knowledge to Uzo, Conk and Ruckert.

So we ruin the core of our team by getting a legit bog bodied WR that we needed. Getting a depth WR and a depth TE? Nope.

Keep in mind we actually haven't even signed Cobb or Lewis either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A fun thought exercise is to imagine what these brilliant ESPN and NFLN hacks would be saying if Rodgers was instead being courted by the Patriots. The Pats are choking on tens of millions of dollars they gave to Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith and you don’t hear boo about it, but the Jets *might* throw the league minimum at Randall Cobb and it’s high treason? 

And their best wr just left to play for the raiders just to get away from Mac jones. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They could also request Saleh’s 8th born child, but you can’t always get what you want. But if you try real hard you might… 

These guys spin so much it is impossible to keep up with them but didn't schefter say a few days ago that the deal was done but it was Rodgers who was holding it up with his decision? Maybe I am wrong but I could swear he came out with that the past few days.

So now it is back to not being done?

These guys are really making fools of themselves.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AVM said:

My not so crazy theory is that the national media kept pushing the "Jets are only one QB away!" conversation because they expected Woody to predictably go after Rodgers or Lamar, miss out on both, and give them all the content they could ever desire.

Now that not only are the Jets getting said QB but Rodgers continues to get one over on them, they're lashing out. Poor babies.

Or douglas was pushing this theory.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

My not so crazy theory is that the national media kept pushing the "Jets are only one QB away!" conversation because they expected Woody to predictably go after Rodgers or Lamar, miss out on both, and give them all the content they could ever desire.

Now that not only are the Jets getting said QB but Rodgers continues to get one over on them, they're lashing out. Poor babies.

Mindblade: Triumph of the Brain King

• Upvote 1

I think Wingo is one of the few that gets it right with Rodgers so I think it is probably happening, but this doesnt make any sense at all

The Packers & Jets agreed to a deal, Rodgers signed off on the plan, but the hold up is because the Packers want to honor him? WTF that doesnt make any sense at all. Why would they be able to honor him better next week than this week or last week?

--

I think Rodgers signed off on a deal last week and that's why wingo broke it, but that's still far from the Jets & Packers having a "done deal"

• More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A fun thought exercise is to imagine what these brilliant ESPN and NFLN hacks would be saying 

The brilliant managers that bankrupted SBV had the same interview to get hired that the brilliant ESPN and NFLN had, to get their jobs. Resume? Who cares.

I can't imagine Rodgers announcing the trade today.  How would that work?  The first question he would be asked is what are the terms of the trade?  I can't see the teams being OK with Rodgers announcing the specific terms of the trade.

My guess for today:

1) The trade is announced before Rodgers' appearance and he'll come on to talk about the process and moving forward with the Jets; or

2) No trade is announced, Rodgers' comes on and announces that he wants to play again but only wants to play for the Jets and if a deal does not get worked out, he'll just retire.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I can't imagine Rodgers announcing the trade today.  How would that work?  The first question he would be asked is what are the terms of the trade?  I can't see the teams being OK with Rodgers announcing the specific terms of the trade.

My guess for today:

1) The trade is announced before Rodgers' appearance and he'll come on to talk about the process and moving forward with the Jets; or

2) No trade is announced, Rodgers' comes on and announces that he wants to play again but only wants to play for the Jets and if a deal does not get worked out, he'll just retire.

Nothing is probably announced, he evades all questions and laughs all the way home. 

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Question: would this apply if they are re-doing, re-working his contract?

Shouldn’t be. And furthermore. Even if true. Doesn’t mean you can’t announce it. But it’s not official until tomorrow.

As I said. We traded for Clark a week ago and announced it. Yet he’s not a Jet until later today. We announced Lazard yesterday. He can’t sign until today.

You can announce it, yet it be official tomorrow 100%

• Upvote 4

Would like to see the Jets sign Orlando Brown. Of the FA’s left, I think he would have the biggest impact on our team this year and into the future. Keep Rodgers clean and we will have one intimidating OL. Get a Center in the draft. We will need to make some cap moves to make room for him.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A fun thought exercise is to imagine what these brilliant ESPN and NFLN hacks would be saying if Rodgers was instead being courted by the Patriots. The Pats are choking on tens of millions of dollars they gave to Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith and you don’t hear boo about it, but the Jets *might* throw the league minimum at Randall Cobb and it’s high treason? 

Bill Belichick wouldn't kiss any players ass the way the Jets are kissing Rodgers'  so this scenario just wouldn't happen with them

as for your point about Agholor and Jonnu Smith, when you have 6 SB rings you get the benefit of the doubt a little. The Jets GM is 20-46, the media is fair to wonder if he has any clue what he's doing

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I can’t wait until it’s official and see all these guys who’s jobs it is to get this news be so upset, that they start bashing the move. Not bc they think it’s a bad move. They’re just sour about not being in know.

Truthknight: Into the Valley of Calumny

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

My guess for today:

I believe Rodgers can break the trade on the show, worked it out with both teams.

1. Packers want him gone and there is no billionaire ego maniac owner who would not allow Rodgers to break the news himself.
2. Woody/Jets are desperate for him, he put his ego to the side and let Rodgers break the news.

*Rodgers doesn’t need to disclose of the trade, he can just defer and talk about himself.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Oh ok! Let’s clarify now that there are actually people out there that think Rodgers is demanding JD make signings to get him… 

Many on this forum.  Someone could make a long and embarrassing list of those who just assume that the Jets are letting Rodgers be a "defacto GM".  Nothing could be more untrue, but it makes them happy to post conjecture and falsehoods as though they were real.  Not worth the time, but it is absolutely shocking from some here.    You guys have created, perpetuated and/or bought in to the huge pile of nonsense and then act like it's truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1