Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wow  it seems like the thing that bothers you the most is Woody fueling up his personal Jet and flying out to Cali.  

Do you not realize that Woody flies around as do the Jets execs at will and it's no big deal?  Wow!  It's an airplane!  Look how far Woody is willing to go for Rodger!  He actually is taking a flight in his very own Jet.   The audacity.

Yeah Woody flies down to Epstein Island as well, with Ghislaine Maxwell, but that seems irrelevant.

Obviously I was talking about the trip from a football standpoint and NO they don't do this all the time with players under contract elsewhere

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Does he though? 

For alot of dudes being traded to the jets is like a punishment 

Yeah, he does.  His cost to Green Bay will decimate them if they don't move him. He's not retiring and never was.  Your claim that the Jets have no leverage is funny and pathetic at the same time.  Where's your brain, man?

11 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Good point. If he doesn't know what the hold up is then maybe he jumped the gun with his "done deal" report

Fair enough, but he does end it with an affirmation that Rodgers playing for the Jets in 2023 is definitely happening.

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

At this juncture, how can anyone trust anything Schefter has to say about the Jets-Green Bay details?  Not sure I can believe he now has "inside" info. 

You seemed fine with Schefter an hour ago, when you quoted his report and said that anyone who disagreed with it was perpetuating a huge pile of nonsense:

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Many on this forum.  Someone could make a long and embarrassing list of those who just assume that the Jets are letting Rodgers be a "defacto GM".  Nothing could be more untrue, but it makes them happy to post conjecture and falsehoods as though they were real.  Not worth the time, but it is absolutely shocking from some here.    You guys have created, perpetuated and/or bought in to the huge pile of nonsense and then act like it's truth.

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Yeah Woody flies down to Epstein Island as well, with Ghislaine Maxwell, but that seems irrelevant.

Obviously I was talking about the trip from a football standpoint and NO they don't do this all the time with players

Oh no!  Where's Woody going now?

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

there's a difference between being wrong and what he does. I've had him blocked for years.

To each their own, I am sure some folks feel the same about me, and have me blocked too.

Bit's my e-friend, and I don't like seeing folks insult him.  

If his ideas are wrong, destroy them with facts and logic.  Like anyone else.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

100% agreed, but this only highly favors one team if the other is prepared to tell the packers, stuff it you want too much we are walking away.

The Jets have played this as badly as you can imo giving the packers a life line when they were drowning.

The packers are desperate to get away from him, the Jets are equally as desperate to get him and no other team is in the bidding.

I suppose we will see soon enough what the trade compensation is.

If the Packers really want two first we should make an offer to Lamar today.   The idea that they do is complete BS.  

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, come on man, we're all speculating here, there is no "accurate opinion" looking forward, only a sliding scale of objective to subjective analysis looking backwards.  

It's scary how many people refuse to accept this. Well said.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Were we going to win the Super Bowl in 2023 with Zach? 

Or Carr?  Or Minshew, Garrapolo, Mayfield, Trubisky, et al?

Could anything have backfired with any of those guys?

Were we going to live happily forever after with those guys?

Not really sure what your point is here Bit, beyond some very silly sarcasm.  

The accurate opinion is that Jimmy G. is so risky and so short-term, the Raiders are almost assuredly going to draft his replacement there before he's taken a single snap.

But you thought he would have been our long-term solution?  Lol, come on man, we're all speculating here, there is no "accurate opinion" looking forward, only a sliding scale of objective to subjective analysis looking backwards.  

The difference with everyone you listed is that none of those players would have cost a single draft pick. That's what the difference is. Will any of those players get us to a superbowl? No. Will Rodgers? No. No single QB was getting this team to a Superbowl because this isn't a superbowl roster. The QB signed this offseason was a stop gap. Someone that could hopefully make this team competitive while they continue this rebuild. Spending big money on a stop gap QB was always going to negatively impact the rebuild because it takes up a large chunk of financial resources that can't be spent elsewhere. Giving up prime draft pick(s) for that stop gap on top of the money SIGNIFICANTLY compounds the negative impact to the rebuild because you lose ammo you desperately need to continue to aquire cheap, young talent. 

Trading a high draft pick for a stop gap QB is something a win now team does - Like the Rams, and if worked out perfectly for them. A team still rebuilding, without the roster to compete for a superbowl doesn't give away valuable draft assets for a declining 1, MAYBE 2 year rental. IMO this move will set this team back in a big way and we are going to very much regret it. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Really? 

There's Mania then there's depression I'm just skipping a step 

You left out the important part of my post: youre just making sht up now. Pathetic. None of the above has been claimed.  You're done on this issue.  You really are.

Once a person starts fabricating, it's pretty much over in my eyes.  Enjoy the rest of this.  And for the record, I am NOT calling you stupid (mainly because I think you are quite brilliant).   I just think the Jets have made you insane.  Hopefully a productive winning season can get you grounded again.

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK then the Jets are definitely going to win the Super Bowl this season! 

Nothing could possibly backfire with this old demanding diva 

We will all live happily ever after 

See how ludicrous that sounds? 

There's popular opinion then there's accurate opinion. They are not the same 

I guess maybe the Jets have sucked for so long that people have lowered the bar to celebrating the acquisition of a player like it's a big accomplishment? 

At the end of the day the Jets are giving up draft compensation AND $100 mil for the rights to Aaron Rodgers. That should be under heavy scrutiny, given where he is and where we are

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wow  it seems like the thing that bothers you the most is Woody fueling up his personal Jet and flying out to Cali.  

Do you not realize that Woody flies around as do the Jets execs at will and it's no big deal?  Wow!  It's an airplane!  Look how far Woody is willing to go for Rodger!  He actually is taking a flight in his very own Jet.   The audacity.

Question is...does he charge the players to use wifi when they're on the plane?

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's very bad for the environment and a ostentatious display of wealth that is beneath a grand child of a real titan of industry.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i agree. i wanted Carr too. i feel like we are selling our soul for a SB.
i will add a few more points.
what happens in 2025 and 2026? Rodgers will have a 53 and 60 mil cap hit for those 2 seasons. there will be no money from some FA QB to come in. i dont think Rodgers will allow us to use any #1s on a QB. our #2 should be gone in the trade. so our QB will be some nobody 3rd pick. 
if a Hackenburg is there we have no choice but to pick him cause we have no QB for 2025.
with Carr we could draft one whenever we want. if we dont like a QB next year we can wait till 2025 or even 2026. plus Carr will only be 36. if hes playing good we could sign him to an extension.
after winning 4-5 games in 2025 everyone gets fired. new regime will start our 18th rebuild. GW and Sause probably get traded for draft picks. 
is this all worth it for a SB?
so when we are sucking and in another rebuild by 2026 will we look back while we are winning 4 games and watching unwatchable footbal are we going to feel better cause we won a SB 2-3 years ago. not for me.
Carr gives us 4 years of about 10 wins and playoffs. after that anything can happen. Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFCGs and beat Brady and Manning on the road. Carr is much better than Sanchez was. if Sanchez could beat those guys Carr could beat Mahomes and Burrow. we didnt need Rodgers to get to a SB.
i rather have 4 years of enjoyable sunday football over 2. i rather draft a new QB whenever we want instead of when our diva QB tells us we can. draft when when we like one and not that we have to cause we dont have a QB

Is for me if we win a superbowl are you kidding I would sign up for that

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, MichaelScott said:

The difference with everyone you listed is that none of those players would have cost a single draft pick. That's what the difference is. Will any of those players get us to a superbowl? No. Will Rodgers? No. No single QB was getting this team to a Superbowl because this isn't a superbowl roster. The QB signed this offseason was a stop gap. Someone that could hopefully make this team competitive while they continue this rebuild. Spending big money on a stop gap QB was always going to negatively impact the rebuild because it takes up a large chunk of financial resources that can't be spent elsewhere. Giving up prime draft pick(s) for that stop gap on top of the money SIGNIFICANTLY compounds the negative impact to the rebuild because you lose ammo you desperately need to continue to aquire cheap, young talent. 

Trading a high draft pick for a stop gap QB is something a win now team does - Like the Rams, and if worked out perfectly for them. A team still rebuilding, without the roster to compete for a superbowl doesn't give away valuable draft assets for a declining 1, MAYBE 2 year rental. IMO this move will set this team back in a big way and we are going to very much regret it. 

Lmao a top 5 defense - doesn’t get to much more complete then that in the nfl

+

a offense / team literally held back by the QB

QB away 

There are no perfect rosters in the nfl, believe it or not we are the best QB needy team. You don’t need a stud a every position before you go out and get the QB. Eagles are the closest thing to a complete team and just lost in the Superbowl 

Learn football 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You seemed fine with Schefter an hour ago, when you quoted his report and said that anyone who disagrees with it was perpetuating a huge pile of nonsense:

My view: Green Bay/NYJ comp package settled a while ago. Probably the core of it done before jets hired Hackett. 

If any of the media agree with that, then I'm with them on it.  If not, then I'm not.

My view: Aaron Rodgers is not trying to be a defacto GM.  It's not the brightest take.

If any of the media agree with that, then I'm with them on it.  If not, then I'm not.

You see it is possible to agree with one thing and not another.

I've never disliked Schefter all these years and I don't dislike him now.  Rappaport is straight ass.  

Hope this clarifies for you.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You left out the important part of my post: youre just making sht up now. Pathetic. None of the above has been claimed.  You're done on this issue.  You really are.

Once a person starts fabricating, it's pretty much over in my eyes.  Enjoy the rest of this.  And for the record, I am NOT calling you stupid (mainly because I think you are quite brilliant).   I just think the Jets have made you insane.  Hopefully a productive winning season can get you grounded again.

There's this fancy word I learned recently called projection 

I must be the insane one 

It's not the people counting on Aaron Rodgers to win the Super Bowl this year as qb of the jets. It's gotta be my problem 

Lets be real if chat GPT wrote an essay about the Jets winning the super bowl with a 40 year old Rodgers we'd send it to the junk pile 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Anyone who believes the compensation and Rodgers is still undecided, I don’t know what to tell you 

but

If compensation and Rodgers are truly still undecided, JD is the dumbest GM in NFL history with a jolly chimp for brains 

I wouldn’t be surprised if packs want to make jets over pay for no market for rodgers, or trade him after June 1 so they have more flexibility with cap. But then they have ZERO leverage 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, doitny said:

i just checked out his page and in the video for a day ago about Rodgers he said he knew things but didnt want to get involved.

then he said he had to block a Jets fan who kept bothering him for info. he said it was sad because hes going to probably have a lot of Jet fans watching his videos in the next couple of years. then he swears he knows nothing.

idiot didnt realize he just gave it away.

Pat knows what he’s doing 

51 minutes ago, doitny said:

i agree. i wanted Carr too. i feel like we are selling our soul for a SB.

i will add a few more points.

what happens in 2025 and 2026? Rodgers will have a 53 and 60 mil cap hit for those 2 seasons. there will be no money from some FA QB to come in. i dont think Rodgers will allow us to use any #1s on a QB. our #2 should be gone in the trade. so our QB will be some nobody 3rd pick. 

if a Hackenburg is there we have no choice but to pick him cause we have no QB for 2025.

with Carr we could draft one whenever we want. if we dont like a QB next year we can wait till 2025 or even 2026. plus Carr will only be 36. if hes playing good we could sign him to an extension.

after winning 4-5 games in 2025 everyone gets fired. new regime will start our 18th rebuild. GW and Sause probably get traded for draft picks. 

is this all worth it for a SB?

so when we are sucking and in another rebuild by 2026 will we look back while we are winning 4 games and watching unwatchable footbal are we going to feel better cause we won a SB 2-3 years ago. not for me.

Carr gives us 4 years of about 10 wins and playoffs. after that anything can happen. Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFCGs and beat Brady and Manning on the road. Carr is much better than Sanchez was. if Sanchez could beat those guys Carr could beat Mahomes and Burrow. we didnt need Rodgers to get to a SB.

i rather have 4 years of enjoyable sunday football over 2. i rather draft a new QB whenever we want instead of when our diva QB tells us we can. draft when when we like one and not that we have to cause we dont have a QB

You have been scarred by carr… Awwww, don’t worry he had a better supporting cast in LV and will still continue to be his average self. 

We're making a commitment to Aaron Rogers, and we're all in.

Let's surround him with everything (within reason) he thinks he needs that can get the Jets to the SB. 

You cant halfway this crap. You got to go all in. 

All the great ones know this. Whether it's a coach or a QB, they know what it takes, even though there are no guarantees. There never is. But if you want it, you have to go all in. 

We have crossed the Rubicon, folks. The die is cast. 

This is our shot at glory. You may as well get on board with the program, because we can't go back. 

6 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

At the end of the day the Jets are giving up draft compensation AND $100 mil for the rights to Aaron Rodgers. That should be under heavy scrutiny, given where he is and where we are

Don't bother no one wants to hear about scrutiny during silly season

I'm wasting my breath

we can have a more rational conversation about this in November when Rodgers is hurt and Zach is starting again 

• Upvote 1