Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

If we do land Rodgers, I wonder if a change of scenery will affect his motivation level. He was pretty checked out in Green Bay last year. Notably was absent from offseason workouts and did not practice much with the young Packers receivers. 

You have to imagine this is what Douglas and Saleh are asking him. 

Ron Burgundy What GIF

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

If we do land Rodgers, I wonder if a change of scenery will affect his motivation level. He was pretty checked out in Green Bay last year. Notably was absent from offseason workouts and did not practice much with the young Packers receivers. 

You have to imagine this is what Douglas and Saleh are asking him. 

Jets are checking his temperature with this trip.  Also probably seeing how much he would be on board recruiting FAs.  

• Upvote 1

So I am a bit confused. The possible trade is between the Jets and the Packers. It’s not like they are trying to sign him to a contract. Why is it necessary to fly out to meet with him? Are they trying to convince him to want to play for the Jets or are they trying to convince him not to retire ? Obviously he is done with the Packers, but this flight concerns me a bit. Seems like he is still on the fence of retiring. 

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

So I am a bit confused. The possible trade is between the Jets and the Packers. It’s not like they are trying it sign him to a contract. Why is it necessary to fly out to meet with him? Are they trying to convince him to want to play for the Jets or are they trying to convince him not to retire ? Obviously he is done with the Packers, but this flight concerns me a bit. Seems like he is still on the fence or retiring. 

Rodgers demanded a taste of the finest magic mushrooms available in the Jersey area before he agreed to the trade. JD took one for the team and shoved an ounce up his ass for the flight.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

So I am a bit confused. The possible trade is between the Jets and the Packers. It’s not like they are trying it sign him to a contract. Why is it necessary to fly out to meet with him? Are they trying to convince him to want to play for the Jets or are they trying to convince him not to retire ? Obviously he is done with the Packers, but this flight concerns me a bit. Seems like he is still on the fence or retiring. 

Optics……..them flying out there shows him how much they want him here.

29 minutes ago, slats said:

Tofu is bean curd. It gets a bad rap. It’s basically vegetarian chicken; it tastes like whatever you cook it in. Don’t think JD is too interested in dinner partners, though. If he was, they’d be flying to @The Crusher’s house. 

True, but it has the texture cottage cheese. Yet, rocks  out in hot and sour soup! 

11 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

So I am a bit confused. The possible trade is between the Jets and the Packers. It’s not like they are trying to sign him to a contract. Why is it necessary to fly out to meet with him? Are they trying to convince him to want to play for the Jets or are they trying to convince him not to retire ? Obviously he is done with the Packers, but this flight concerns me a bit. Seems like he is still on the fence of retiring. 

Jets also need to get a sense of Rodgers' commitment.  If he's telling them that he's not sure if he wants to play more than 1 year, it will effect the compensation they are willing to give up in a trade.

If Rodgers says he's going to be all in for the next 3 years, they'll be willing to give up much more.  If that's the case, they're probably also hashing out the parameters of a contract extension.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers demanded a taste of the finest magic mushrooms available in the Jersey area before he agreed to the trade. JD took one for the team and shoved an ounce up his ass for the flight.

A domestic flight? Just throw ‘em in your luggage. No one’s looking for shrooms. 

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Speaking of the plane, I wonder where it is now.  I'll go check. 

LAX is the closest big airport to Malibu where Rodgers owns a villa.

some smaller possibly closer ones

Santa Monica Municipal Airport (SMO), the Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), Van Nuys Airport (VNA), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Camarillo Airport (CMA)

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hard  Knocks.?

Speaking of which... since the Jets are one of the eligible teams for Hard Knocks this year and can't say no, Rodgers coming here would pretty much guarantee that they'll be the team selected.  I'll look forward to some behind-the-scenes footage of Jets Weekend at the Hall of Fame in August.

• Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Jets are checking his temperature with this trip.  Also probably seeing how much he would be on board recruiting FAs.  

Are they bringing Woody, JD, Saleh and Hackett for a temperature check?  I think the deal gets done before they leave.  

• Upvote 1