Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

have the goalposts now moved that the jets need to find QBs who aren't born in the south???

they don't need QBs born in a certain area 

Trevor Lawrence as an individual is uniquely unprepared for heathen life in NY/NJ

57 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Cant find the free agency thread. So this is the next best spot.

Here’s a list of remaining free agency that the Jets should look into that wont count towards the compensatory formula.

- Leonard Floyd Edge

- Frank Clark Edge

- Calais Campbell iDL (confirmed interest)

- JJ Watt iDL

- Ezekial Elliot RB (confirmed interest)

- Leonard Fournette RB

- Odell Beckham Jr WR (confirmed interest)

- Ben Jones C (confirmed interest)

Resigning: Kwon Alexander

Possible trade targets: Deforest Buckner iDL, Deandre Hopkins WR

sign those beasts

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I think this is kind of a deflection that the hawt take boi crowd does if anyone ever offers criticism of a crappy solution to a really bad problem. If you can't think of something better than this bad plan, then shut up. 

I don't work for the Jets. Neither of us do. I'm a douchebag on the internet, so it doesn't really matter if I have a plan or not. I have no idea what they should do, but going all-in the way they are seems like a really bad move because it usually is. The Jets shouldn't even be in this situation in the first place, that's the solution. I'd love to be way off on this but the likelihood seems pretty high that what the Jets are doing is going to put them exactly back where they are right now, if not in a worse position, within the next 1-2 years.  

How is it a deflection? 

When someone is complaining about a plan or course of action, it's entirely reasonable to ask the person complaining for a better alternative. While I agree that you not having a better alternative does not automatically render the current plan good or wise, it does make it more likely that people will come around to your way of thinking if you can point them towards a more attractive option. 

And we are all "douchebags on the internet." NONE of what we say actually matters. This is all for discussion. You think trading for Aaron Rodgers is a mistake. Ok, fair enough. I'm asking you what you would do if you were in JD's shoes. Would you bring in another veteran? draft a QB this year? Both? Start Zach Wilson and tank? That's not a deflection, friend. It's just trying to dig a little deeper into our QB dilemma, which happens to be the biggest issue we have. 

I agree that we shouldn't be in this position at all, but we are. It's spilt milk. We can't do anything about the fact that we took Zach Wilson #2 overall and neither can JD. It's always about looking forward for me. 

As for "going all-in" usually being a mistake, I think you are right that it usually is, however, there have certainly been some recent success stories (The Bucs and Rams). We have some nice young talent, and at least on paper, we are a team on the rise with a giant hole at QB. I think it's debatable how we fill that hole, but it seems to me that trading a couple of draft picks for a proven veteran QB should at least be on the table. 

The other thing I am struggling with is this idea that going "all in" on Rodgers will appreciably set us back. I guess I don't really see how, given that we aren't giving up a king's ransom for him. He's a stopgap that could give us a fun season or two. And if he doesn't, this regime is toast anyway. I guess I just don't see the big downside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:
Give Bit a break. The Jets have broken him. He used to be one of the more effusively positive fans on this board. This team can do it to you.

So is his new goal to make everyone else miserable because he is?

I believe there is a "block" feature on this site

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

200.gifApples and Oranges take on your part.

I still believe the switch from Urban Myers to Doug Peterson & the simplifying of the offense was a great benefit to TL improvement. 

Conversely, the Jets gave Zach a rookie OC who was not a good communicator and had a Napoleon complex. 

Looking forward to see how Rodgers and Hackett can rebuild Zach’s confidence and love of football.

Counter argument:  Zach Wilson f**king sucks, and when Trevor Lawrence entered the league, he was assigned to a sociopathic HC who was kicking his own players.  

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mike Nugent was a great place kicker in his career - he just wasn't a great place kicker here. 

Yankees fans of a certain age will remember Jeff Weaver.

Some guys are great athletes and are also be lost in NYC

there outcome where the Jets get Trevor, then get Doug Pedersen (a coach they passed on), and Trevor's awesome in New York feels farfetched

Kickers.  You're comparing them to Kickers now.  lmao.

• Haha 2

The Jets are a stones throw away from fielding what may be the most talented team on paper that the vast majority of us have probably seen in green and white and we can’t even all get collectively excited about it.

Just enjoy the ride and the fact that we’re not all celebrating a Gregg Williams all out blitz anymore

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

How do you know this??? Lmfao 

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1636521390839922689?s=20

yzMleyxi_normal.jpg

C John Michael Schmitz has a top-30 visit scheduled with the #Jets and #Steelers. #Jets were in person at his pro-day and met with him at the Senior Bowl and Combine. The #Jets love JMS.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I didn’t say Starter at all for submission. I would expect center from Minnesota to start day one. They evidently love this kid. The OT @ 13 would obviously be in the rotation. and provide depth. Defensive tackle would also be put in the rotation with Thomas and JFM. Linebacker would obviously watch Kwan or Mosley And be developed.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are a stones throw away from fielding what may be the most talented team on paper that the vast majority of us have probably seen in green and white and we can’t even all get collectively excited about it.

Just enjoy the ride and the fact that we’re not all celebrating a Gregg Williams all out blitz anymore

Scared Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

why is it so hard to believe that a 39-year-old Rodgers is done? 

He's just not that good of a player anymore. Which falls under JD not being able to evaluate QB 

LOL you do realize he won 2 MVP's in the last 3 years and the OBVIOUS reason he fell off last year was due to a broken thumb not even counting the loss of his top WR.

Sorry but you don't fall off a cliff in one year. The guy keeps himself in amazing shape and maybe its the hard work that keeps guys like Brady and Rodgers going while other QB's just want to get on with their lives and not work so hard anymore in their late 30's early 40's .

Its not far fetched to say  Rodgers can play 3-4 more years if he wants to continue putting in the hard work but that's up to him at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Stark said:

no you wouldn't.... not a single jets fan wants to see Wilson dirting balls to rb's 8 yds away or tossing easy INT's on the sidelines/over the middle with no WR in area. not to mention the hesitation to take easy yds with his legs.

no one wants this.

If the choices are:

1. Lose Aaron Rodgers and give up draft capital for Garner Minshew who could have just been signed for nothing.

Or

2. Lose Aaron Rodgers and sign Garnder Minshew

I would go with #1 and start Wilson. Not what I want but they aren't winning a Super Bowl with Minshew so trading picks for a guy that was just a free agent would only add to the embarassment.

Tom "Ozempic Face" Brady is such an outlier it's almost not worth discussing
I mean let's just wait until round 6 and find our own Tom Brady, right? 
but if we're talking Tom Brady, that dude always took team-friendly deals, even with Tampa Bay. He was making like 18-20 per with them. Not 50.  
Aaron Rodgers on the other hand always wants every dollar possible, and will also take more money to restructure his poison pill cap hit
that's why GB has to trade him because his contract is a ticking time bomb. 
One which we're all to happy to take  

You love moving the goal posts, lol. All of a sudden we are talking about Brady taking team friendly deals. By the way, his wife was worth around $400 million.

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1636521390839922689?s=20

yzMleyxi_normal.jpg

C John Michael Schmitz has a top-30 visit scheduled with the #Jets and #Steelers. #Jets were in person at his pro-day and met with him at the Senior Bowl and Combine. The #Jets love JMS.

You going though all this but still yet to show anything saying that “the Jets love JMS”

carry on though 

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

why is it so hard to believe that a 39-year-old Rodgers is done? 

He's just not that good of a player anymore. Which falls under JD not being able to evaluate QB 

it's not hard to believe, hence my point that you have a legitimate argument there - not just one of the bad takes.

do you believe that Woody or JD is driving the Rodgers bus?

who do you want them to bring in to be a GM?

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

As for "going all-in" usually being a mistake, I think you are right that it usually is, however, there have certainly been some recent success stories (The Bucs and Rams). We have some nice young talent, and at least on paper, we are a team on the rise with a giant hole at QB. I think it's debatable how we fill that hole, but it seems to me that trading a couple of draft picks for a proven veteran QB should at least be on the table. 

The Bucs and Rams had really good NFL HC with a resume of success.  The Jets don’t.  I would feel a lot better about this with an experienced head coach and OC making this decision.  

The same can be said for making the decision to move on from Sam and drafting Zach.  We don’t have top people in place to really make an informed judgement.   We have Bob Saleh and Rodgers lap dog.