Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

There’s a mass player social media pressure campaign? Every Jet fan needs to be honest with themselves as this looks increasingly desperate from the Jets organization. 

if Rodgers needs to be convinced, then there is a level of doubt that clearly needs to be overcome and therefore the likelihood is he is leaning retirement.

Don’t expect it to happen at this point and you won’t be crushed when it doesn’t. If it does happen, then you will be pleasantly surprised. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

There’s a mass player social media pressure campaign? Every Jet fan needs to be honest with themselves as this looks increasingly desperate from the Jets organization. 
if Rodgers needs to be convinced, then there is a level of doubt that clearly needs to be overcome and therefore the likelihood is he is leaning retirement.
Don’t expect it to happen at this point and you won’t be crushed when it doesn’t. If it does happen, then you will be pleasantly surprised. 
This .. go to sleep .. wake up .. take a shower ...make coffee ... Check Jets Nation ... Research Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Gardner Minshew, Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

This .. go to sleep .. wake up .. take a shower ...make coffee ... Check Jets Nation ... Research Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Gardner Minshew, Baker Mayfield, Zach Silson

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Protect yo’self…

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Vader said:

There is a ton of accuracy in this post and the longer it takes for a decision the more I lose confidence in this trade happening.........however, I also think he loves all of this excessive attention and wants in to go on for as long as it reasonably can before he officially accepts the jets as his new team. He is that deranged and I don't hate it

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, greasyt said:

There is a ton of accuracy in this post and the longer it takes for a decision the more I lose confidence in this trade happening.........however, I also think he loves all of this excessive attention and wants in to go on for as long as it reasonably can before he officially accepts the jets as his new team. He is that deranged and I don't hate it

I also wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers said to the Jets, "I want everyone including fans, players, coaches....heck, even the Head Coach's brother tweeting that they want me at the Jets.  Show me the love, the desperation.... I might even go back into the dark cave and then come riding out on a white horse wearing a Jets helmet in a few days!"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

gotta say all these tweets give me concern that he's leaning towards not playing.

I know it sounds like they're using a final move to try and get him. It's worrying

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If we land Rodgers I don't want to see a single mother F'n post about penny pinching cap space while he's here. The whole point of getting him is you're taking 1, hopefully 2 shots at a chip. Do what you need to build a super team during that time.

@jgb @Jetsfan80

True, JD should work his magic and for how much he can get Mike Evans, Bobby Wagner and Jalen Ramsey on this team

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If we land Rodgers I don't want to see a single mother F'n post about penny pinching cap space while he's here. The whole point of getting him is you're taking 1, hopefully 2 shots at a chip. Do what you need to build a super team during that time.

@jgb @Jetsfan80

Well I mean it’s fine if it’s a year or two and he’s here but I also don’t want to be cap tied for 5 that’s just ******* dumb 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Zach Wilson should be given the choice of extending his rookie deal another 2 years for about $9mm year with a third year option of $40mm year.  Plan on having him try to take over in 2025  If he flops, you cut him.  

If he refused to extend, tell him you will trade him to the worst possible team, or just cut him next year.  

The plan was always that Zach was supposed to be another Rodgers-so let him learn from the master and see if he can get it together.  If the plan is to have him watch Rodgers for 2 years and then take over, Wilson is not under contract for 2025.  That would have to be a fifth year option (see Love).  

Watch the Jets exercise Becton's and Wilson's fifth year options. 

nah-jake-gyllenhaal.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@jgb @Jetsfan80

Saints' are in "cap hell" and somehow still signed Carr.  F**k any cap excuses or complaints.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

We do realize that even if a trade is made, it won’t be official until the 15th? Meaning the trade could have already agreed upon.  We know nothing and might not for several days. 

They’d announce it before then, just not official 

• Upvote 1