Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M]

SR24

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Go compare both players best seasons and come back.

Davis’ best season was three years ago after a career where he totally underachieved.

Lazards best season was last year.

Davis played 22 games over the last 2 seasons, Lazard played 30.

Come back from those little points

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Nice signing. Let’s go! Assuming the first year cap hit will be less than the apy. So if we cut/trade Davis, we gain cap space for this year.

JD will hold onto Davis into camp if he can. Injuries happen and he will also see if he can trade him. No sense cutting him now when you can get a 4th or 5th for him.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Lazard is a JAG. 

Hopefully they can get out of this quickly because this is not a good signing.

Id say a little better than a jag,but not a plus player, not a whole lot better than Corey Davis, although I'm hoping he is healthier.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re crying over a compensatory pick that you don’t even know we could lose or GB will get to get a real QB in here leading the team.  
You absolutely hate Rodgers we get it but between the pick and claiming we’re competing against ourselves with any FA rumored to be a target is so off base.  

I'm crying over getting trash players because they are buddies with Rodgers and that combo failed last year in green bay and on top of it comes the compensatory pick issue.

The Packers love the jets right now love love love us, we are taking an over priced qb off their hands they want nothing to do with.  We are taking old and jag players off their hands and giving them additions to the comp formula and we do not even know what we are giving to them in the trade.

As of right now the packers 2nd fav team in the league is the NY Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And guess what else happens out of all of this?  The Jets by signing all of Green Bays throw aways to please Rodgers?  We add to their compensatory pick formula and we lower our compensatory pick formula.  Green Bay next year will be thanking us for taking guys they did not want and giving them an extra third round pick to boot.

Lazard will not be worth a 3rd round pick.  Rodgers will be trade, so no comp pick there.  We have lost White and Herbig (not sure either of those guys will net comp picks, but we have other guys who will (Fant, McGovern, Kwon, Rankins, Thomas).  Not sure how it will all play out, but we may still be able to net an extra pick in 24.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'm crying over getting trash players because they are buddies with Rodgers and that combo failed last year in green bay and on top of it comes the compensatory pick issue.

The Packers love the jets right now love love love us, we are taking an over priced qb off their hands they want nothing to do with.  We are taking old and jag players off their hands and giving them additions to the comp formula and we do not even know what we are giving to them in the trade.

Probably true but we already  have a host of young talent. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Davis’ best season was three years ago after a career where he totally underachieved.

Lazards best season was last year.

Davis played 22 games over the last 2 seasons, Lazard played 30.

Come back from those little points

Lazard best season was in a contract year as the #1 option on a team with an elite QB and he was still a JAG during that season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lazard isn’t a trash player. Corey Davis is, but he will be gone. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah two season but 1000 yards per for AJ is good but isn’t quite 1500 yards per like Davante 

I’d imagine AJB would of been more productive in an offense wasn’t as run heavy as the one the titans ran. In his first season with the eagles, he had a 1496 yard season. AJB is an elite WRer.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you're going back 3 years to justify Davis being better.  NFL doesn't really work that way.  

Davis can't stay healthy either.  Lazard is a better player for the Jets right now, he's an upgrade.

For me there are some nuances here. Davis is a more talented receiver period. He’s had trash to work with as far as qbs go. Good qbs can drastically pad wrs #s. His biggest issues are injuries and playing with bad qbs. 

Lazard is fine. He’s moderately talented and a hard worker. He’s had the luxury of playing with one of the goat qbs. 

If Rodgers prefers him then all good with me because there isn’t a huge gap between them 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You’re ragging everything associated with the Jets getting Rodgers.  
Compensatory picks that you don’t have a clue we’d get is as silly an argument as there is.  

Which trash players?  Lazard or a rumor in a tweet that we may get Cobb.  Big deal.  

I could care less who the Packers 2nd favorite team in the league is.   The Packers are second tier to the Jets next season and the year after that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Go compare both players best seasons and come back.

don't know how you could have overlooked this, but Lazard played behind a future HoF WR for his entire career until last season.  Davis was a high 1st round pick and played as a #1 most of his career and did nothing but disappoint. He didn't fill the role well.  At least not as bad as Perryman, also a 1st rounder.  Lazard was UDFA.  

Lazard is the better choice here by a country mile.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Lazard best season was in a contract year as the #1 option on a team with an elite QB and he was still a JAG during that season.

The old contract year nonsense.  Couldn’t be that he was out from behind Adams shadow and took advantage of the extra opportunities.   Davis sucks.  Drops passes and causes INTs.  And can’t stay on the field, I’m not going to miss his 500 yard seasons

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Lazard is very little better than Davis.  He might be just marginally.

More durable hopefully. More adaptable to Rodger as well.  Davis had his flashes. Replacing Davis with Lazard is fine.  Likely an improvement for a variety of reasons.  I'd rather JD go get DeAndre Hopkins.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

don't know how you could have overlooked this, but Lazard played behind a future HoF WR for his entire career until last season.  Davis was a high 1st round pick and played as a #1 most of his career and did nothing but disappoint. He didn't fill the role well.  At least not as bad as Perryman, also a 1st rounder.  Lazard was UDFA.  

Lazard is the better choice here by a country mile.

Davis played behind AJ Brown and had had far worse QBs throwing him the ball.

Lazard hasnt been able to do anything with a HOF QB.

Stick Lazard on the teams Davis was on and Davis on the packers and it wouldnt even be close in Davis favor. 

Davis is inconsistent and frustrating at times but he is far more talented. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I’d imagine AJB would have been more productive in an offense wasn’t as run heavy as the one the titans ran. In his first season with the eagles, he had a 1496 yard season. AJB is an elite WRer.

I get that AJB didn’t get the same opportunities but he’s not Adams.  Or wasn’t.  Adams with the mess in LV still put up 1500+ yards.  
Davis only played 2 with AJB, Lazard 4 with Adams