Asking Price For Hopkins Dropped? Hopkins Granted Permission to Talk to Other Teams.

10 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

No...no they can't thank God.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Remember when the New Orlean Saints were around one billion over the a few weeks ago......yeah.....They can.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Weird.  I feel like this cant be real.  For that price, you would think teams would be lining up.  If this is real, this is a nobrainer for the Jets.

Wonder if another suspension coming?  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Weird.  I feel like this cant be real.  For that price, you would think teams would be lining up.  If this is real, this is a nobrainer for the Jets.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/21/will-deandre-hopkins-be-the-next-receiver-to-be-traded/

Hopkins has a non-guaranteed base salary of $19.45 million for 2023, and a non-guaranteed base salary of $14,915,000 for 2024. He surely will be looking for a raise, given the current market at the position. The team that trades for him will need to realize, and accept, that wrinkle.

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/21/will-deandre-hopkins-be-the-next-receiver-to-be-traded/

Hopkins has a non-guaranteed base salary of $19.45 million for 2023, and a non-guaranteed base salary of $14,915,000 for 2024. He surely will be looking for a raise, given the current market at the position. The team that trades for him will need to realize, and accept, that wrinkle.

What's the wrinkle?  That the team who trades for him, will have to pay him money?  I think it's common to pay players money for their services.

Rather have OBJ than Hopkins. Hopkins contract would have to be renegotiated and he might not want that. He doesn’t look good anymore either. OBJ will cost much less, has higher upside and allow us to get other guys, considering Rodgers cap hit as well. Not a smart move to sign two WRs with high contracts when we have other holes. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:33 AM, extmenace said:

Is the defense really top 5 though? Deep down, every jet fan knows what they saw. They saw opposing offenses playing extremely conservative and playing not to lose because they knew the jets offense wouldn’t be able to score. Teams were literally taking the 4th quarter off. 

Whatever.  D is good enough plus we can add to it in the draft and some decent FA’s.  All of the major needs on D are at cheap positions.

Grab a pass rusher in the draft (since this regime will always be adding those), upgrade the LB corps, add another Safety into the mix and let’s roll.  

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whatever.  D is good enough plus we can add to it in the draft and some decent FA’s.  All of the major needs on D are at cheap positions.

Grab a pass rusher in the draft (since this regime will always be adding those), upgrade the LB corps, add another Safety into the mix and let’s roll.  

I wasn’t implying it wasn’t a good defense. I’m just saying I think people, especially the fan base, kind of ignore what they were seeing because the rankings looked so good. This defense will get better and could actually be a legit top 5 defense if they stay on track. 

• Upvote 1

Hopkins had a down year because he missed six games and kyler was out and not playing at his usual level for most of the season. Hopkins had third stringers throwing to him some games and still looked amazing. You guys who think he’s cooked are crazy. He was never a burner; he’s just big and an amazing route runner. He’s the guy you get that can win you a playoff game and more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, Wit said:

Hopkins had a down year because he missed six games and kyler was out and not playing at his usual level for most of the season. Hopkins had third stringers throwing to him some games and still looked amazing. You guys who think he’s cooked are crazy. He was never a burner; he’s just big and an amazing route runner. He’s the guy you get that can win you a playoff game and more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The jets wrs have been playing with 3rd stringers for decades