JD Speaks a little bit to media today

18 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

“No deadline.   Not a ton of urgency.  We are not where we need to be right now.” 

“We have a really good plan in place.” For plan B. 

lol.

If there was any doubt JD plans to slow roll until he likes the deal, there is is.  

Bingo.  If no deal at draft day, then we can start talking about next year's picks.  maybe offer up the 1st rounder for that year.  or just go with the second rounder.

if GB wants to get a pick this year, they have a month to make a deal.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

who gives away their plan B in the middle of negotiations?

He most definitely has a plan B, and there is also no doubt it is anywhere near as good as plan A.  However, all professionals have a backup plan in place.

I would bet it had something to do with a mid level QB on someone else's roster AND a draft pick.

• Upvote 4

he just said it would be in bad faith to talk to Lamar. he just gave up his leverage. 

he could have forced GB to take the deal if he threaten to go talk to Lamar. now everybody knows were not talking to Lamar, the Rams  nobody. i like JD but this was stupid to put out in public. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

He most definitely has a plan B, and there is also no doubt it is anywhere near as good as plan A.  However, all professionals have a backup plan in place.

I would bet it had something to do with a mid level QB on someone else's roster AND a draft pick.

Maybe Tannihill for a 2nd round pick?  be great to start exploring those options a couple of days prior to the draft.

• Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
8 minutes ago, doitny said:
he just said it would be in bad faith to talk to Lamar. he just gave up his leverage. 
he could have forced GB to take the deal if he threaten to go talk to Lamar. now everybody knows were not talking to Lamar, the Rams  nobody. i like JD but this was stupid to put out in public. 

You really think this would have made GB flinch? Holy crap. Ok. And I'm sure Lamar would love to play the part of a pawn.

To be honest, I want the Jets to talk to  Lamar for this very reason.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Maybe Tannihill for a 2nd round pick?  be great to start exploring those options a couple of days prior to the draft.

I could see Tannehill being moved, but I don't see that type of compensation.  He would be more of a conditional 2024 candidate based on 2023 results and new contract.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Trade up for a qb

Another totally not going to happen scenario.  The jets stated they wanted a vet QB, trading up for a QB and probably paying VASTLY more than what is holding up the packers deal two years after zac wilson is totally unrealistic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
8 minutes ago, doitny said:

You really think this would have made GB flinch? Holy crap. Ok. And I'm sure Lamar would love to play the part of a pawn.

no pawn. you tell GB to make a deal or were going to talk to other QBs. Lamar, Stafford. thats not pawns thats where done with Rodgers. 

we need to push this with our so called leverage everyone thinks we have while there are still options.

16 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he said he wouldn't talk to Lamar now because it would be in bad faith.  That is true.

Is there a deadline to negotiate with Lamar.  why can't we pivot to Lamar after the draft?

Lamar doesn't want to play for Baltimore - my guess is that he can be had for less than 2 1st round picks now.

some fans here are so focused on getting an answer they would give up so much negotiating leverage.

Lamar might not be there after the draft. someone might take the trade or Baltimore matches it.

didnt Carr, Jimmy G and all the other QBs who went in a blink of an eye tell you that nobody is waiting to be our Plan B.

i dont want an answer. this Press conference should have never been done. he had to know that this would be all about Rodgers, Lamar and other QB questions. 

its not giving up leverage, its having it. as long as Lamar and Stafford are around we have  something to tell GB were moving on to. but if there gone who are we moving on to? Carson Wentz? is he still available? 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

I think things are gonna go down on draft night. Green Bay would be too stupid not receive 2023 draft compensation for a player who neither one of them want to be on their roster . 

Also, I don't think JD minds one bit if this drags completely out because if the Jets do overpay for AR, the sting won't last long because the season will be starting around the corner . 

29 minutes ago, doitny said:

The ravens can match any offer. That’s not a lot of leverage 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, doitny said:

he just gave up his leverage. 

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMANShake Head No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

No, no he didn't. JD doesn't need to sell anything as leverage because GB's position is bleak, and everyone knows it. Their GM literally said he hopes to be rid of AR. GB is just hoping that the Jets front office blinks like the whiny simps in the fan base who have already offered up their first born for some immediate gratification. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1