JD Speaks a little bit to media today

52 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
57 minutes ago, doitny said:

You really think this would have made GB flinch? Holy crap. Ok. And I'm sure Lamar would love to play the part of a pawn.

Bold part. I get what you're saying, but these QBs use teams as a pawn all the time trying to get a better deal...see Cousins and Carr. 

Lamar 'visiting the Jets and Joe Douglas' may do wonders for his deal back in Baltimore. Plus as others have said it'd light a fire under the Packers. win/win

31 minutes ago, juxsta said:

I think things are gonna go down on draft night. Green Bay would be too stupid not receive 2023 draft compensation for a player who neither one of them want to be on their roster . 

Also, I don't think JD minds one bit if this drags completely out because if the Jets do overpay for AR, the sting won't last long because the season will be starting around the corner . 

This.

21 minutes ago, juxsta said:

That's the transition tag terms they placed on him. He specifically asked for a trade. It's different now.  

False. He asked for a trade march 2nd and was tagged march 7th 

nothing happened today. Nothing new. Nothing changed. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Cowboys aren't trading Dak and I wouldn't even want Dak. I'd rather suck next yr 

I don’t get people with this kind of mindset. Dak would be the best QB the jets have maybe ever had and guys like you don’t even want him and would rather continue to suck 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t get people with this kind of mindset. Dak would be the best QB the jets have maybe ever had and guys like you don’t even want him and would rather continue to suck 

I would not want Zak either - he is like getting Carr...agree would rather suck

17 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I would not want Zak either - he is like getting Carr...agree would rather suck

Dak is better than Carr. In 2021 he had 4500 yards 37 tds and 10 ints. With this D that’s easily good enough to make a run. The jets haven’t had a QB go for over a measly 10 tds in  3 years 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

With absolute trash numbers. It was obvious that he wasn’t even a small part of the success. Dak contributed way more.

just saying - LT and Shon Green made Sanchez look like Aaron Rogers...Zeke made Zak look pretty good for years too - so did Dallas OL

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

And there you go.  Gb says they don’t need a first. 

thankfully beerfish isn’t negotiating the dead!

My comments re a 1st rounder in totality have been:

- Very early in the process along with a number of other people I suggested a 2nd this year and a graduated 1,2,3, the second year, a 1st only if we won the super bowl.

- I asked a question in one thread if the board would offer the 1st this year if we got back a pick in this draft and that was the only compensation, no futures.

That is it.  People are bizarre, they look at any criticisms of their team and throw all sorts of bizarre protections out.

I've suggested all along that a deal will get done, the packers will get less than they want we will pay more than we want. (This second part will be adjusted by the sunshine squad to be awesome no matter what, even if they have been saying all along that we will pay no more than  3rd because we have all the leverage.)

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My comments re a 1st rounder in totality have been:

- Very early in the process along with a number of other people I suggested a 2nd this year and a graduated 1,2,3, the second year, a 1st only if we won the super bowl.

- I asked a question in one thread if the board would offer the 1st this year if we got back a pick in this draft and that was the only compensation, no futures.

That is it.  People are bizarre, they look at any criticisms of their team and throw all sorts of bizarre protections out.

I've suggested all along that a deal will get done, the packers will get less than they want we will pay more than we want. (This second part will be adjusted by the sunshine squad to be awesome no matter what, even if they have been saying all along that we will pay no more than  3rd because we have all the leverage.)

you were sounding like JD was going to get hosed and negotiating terribly.

he's not getting hosed and not giving up the first.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol come on, my brother. I know you were against this trade since last month, but what you're suggesting is just unrealistic & I think you know it. If this does drag on until June (or even later), just for argument's sake, is he to hide & not talk to the press until then?

Other QBs -- 

First off, at least until he retains an agent, Lamar Jackson looks like he isn't getting offers or even a phone call from anyone else either. Making overtones to trade two 1st round picks to Baltimore isn't going to help further a negotiation in which the Jets refuse to offer even a single 1st rounder to the Packers. It might even make the Packers' ask go up.

Next, no one is making any credible offers to the Rams for Matthew Stafford, last seen with spinal nerve damage causing leg numbness, and another $60MM guaranteed coming to him. The Rams opted to keep him, but that's their business. Regardless, it's far-fetched to think they exercised his option for the purpose of being used by the Jets as leverage in obviously-fake interest from the Jets.

They did meet with Carr - twice, if I recall - and it did little to motivate Green Bay, other than display it was all bulls**t when the Jets didn't actually make the player an offer.

Jimmy Garoppolo might be the most overrated QB in football, typically feasting stats on doormat teams behind the strength of a superior cast around him -- one that flourished as soon as he got injured & they went with a late 7th round rookie 3rd stringer. Before that, the 49ers traded all those picks for Lance because they saw they had to hide JG in the playoffs & were tired of it. Never mind that he can't stay on the field anyhow.

The Jets want Rodgers. Rodgers wants the Jets. Rodgers doesn't want the Packers. The Packers don't want Rodgers. Everyone knows it.

There's no "we'll fool them" phony flirtation with Lamar Jackson or Matt Stafford. The leverage Douglas has is the knowledge that the Packers don't want him, can't cut him, and has no other interested party (not that Rodgers has even hinted interest in playing elsewhere anyhow).

Douglas has done plenty wrong, but he's playing this right. The only way to feel otherwise is if one is coming from the starting point of not wanting Rodgers in the first place. Fine to have that opinion but that's not the team's goal. 

i was against this trade but now i have no choice but to be all in on Rodgers cause there is no way we can walk away from this offseason with Zach or Wentz starting after all the other options we let go.

under NFLPA rules only a approved agent AND the player can talk to other teams. so it would help Lamar to have one it wont stop someone who wants to talk to him.

you got me all wrong pal, i want to get this done. funny thing is there was a poll that 103 guys on this board would rather keep the 13th pick and dump Rodgers. that is a stupid take. so people here rather have Zach/Wentz and the 13th pick instead of Rodgers and no 13th pick. smh.

tell me, when does Rodgers start to get pissed that this deal isnt done?

April 17? voluntary workouts?

OTAs May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, June 8-9

June 13-15? Mandatory Mini Camp 

and who will he blame? GB? and who cares if he does they dont want him. no it will be us. 

sooner or later Rodgers will start to put pressure on us. and he is crazy enough to turn around and say...well if im going to miss OTAs i might as well retire. dont laugh, we all know Rodgers is sensitive and unpredictable. 

while we still have options, weather there good or not, there better then Zach starting. who btw Saleh just said he is #2. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Every hot take on what he should do or should have done by people that struggle to negotiate the choice between getting regular and super size fries.

Thought you were going to say getting regular or constapated 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, juxsta said:

" It would be Disingenuous and negotiating in Bad Faith if we went down that path "

Translation ...

We're not dealbreaking b**ches like Green Bays front office.

Its also important to realize that yes this is business, BUT its a relationship business as well. I truly believe JD when he says he doesnt want to be disingenuous in regards to trying to get a deal done with Lamar, in the midst of the Rodgers deal. This wont be the first deal he discusses with the Packers and it likely wont be the last, and its important to have some kind of integrity with both the Packers and transparency with Aaron Rodgers, so obviously the deal is very close to being done, but there is money or picks that need to be worked out, that could very well mean the June 1st salary cap situation is the hold up, with the way the contract is worded. So maybe it is just a matter of waiting until then, whether its post draft, June 1st, or even later.

From the sound of it, a 1st round pick was not the issue or why would the Packers GM say what he said? Which also proves, Adam Schefter and Mike Garafalo and Rich Cimini know NOTHING!! I dont believe anything they write until a deal is actually done. They are clueless.

53 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was against this trade but now i have no choice but to be all in on Rodgers cause there is no way we can walk away from this offseason with Zach or Wentz starting after all the other options we let go.

under NFLPA rules only a approved agent AND the player can talk to other teams. so it would help Lamar to have one it wont stop someone who wants to talk to him.

you got me all wrong pal, i want to get this done. funny thing is there was a poll that 103 guys on this board would rather keep the 13th pick and dump Rodgers. that is a stupid take. so people here rather have Zach/Wentz and the 13th pick instead of Rodgers and no 13th pick. smh.

tell me, when does Rodgers start to get pissed that this deal isnt done?

April 17? voluntary workouts?

OTAs May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, June 8-9

June 13-15? Mandatory Mini Camp 

and who will he blame? GB? and who cares if he does they dont want him. no it will be us. 

sooner or later Rodgers will start to put pressure on us. and he is crazy enough to turn around and say...well if im going to miss OTAs i might as well retire. dont laugh, we all know Rodgers is sensitive and unpredictable. 

while we still have options, weather there good or not, there better then Zach starting. who btw Saleh just said he is #2. 

O My God

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'd love to hear what this 'really good plan in place' for plan B is.  I think it is like the loch ness monster and unicorns.

It’s Wilson. Been telling y’all that from the start. JD believes in Wilson. Hell, half of getting AR is to buy Wilson and JD some time.

• Post of the Week 1