### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

19 minutes ago, slats said:

I wanted them, but didn’t expect them. They turned out great, though, despite crappy QB play. Imagine how great it might work out with Rodgers behind center? 

I would rather have the #1 WR this year than the third or fourth OT, and it’s not even close in terms of potential impact. 

The real problem is that the #5 CB might be better than the #1 WR or #4 OT.  

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Just a heads up to those who joined the site after last years draft…. If you’re online and get a selection before it’s announced on tv, please post it here asap.

It’s a great way to make new friends!

yeah, that TV delay royally sucks.  

I'll probably stay off the group zoom as well because there's always a guy who announces the pick light years before it gets to the TV

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

yeah, that TV delay royally sucks.  

I'll probably stay off the group zoom as well because there's always a guy who announces the pick light years before it gets to the TV

I really won’t be affected this year, as I’ll be watching the Rangers game (and checking in on the Mets).

I’ll follow the draft here on my iPad.

• Upvote 1

Could the Jets target the top WR?

The New York Jets struck gold in the 2022 draft by selecting Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson (the No. 10 overall pick), who had a 1,000-yard rookie season despite uneven quarterback play. Based on conversations with people around the league and sources with knowledge of the Jets' draft plans, the team has spent considerable time and resources doing work on another Buckeyes wide receiver.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, my top-ranked wideout, is expected to be off the board by the time the Jets draft at No. 15 -- he might even go to the Packers at No. 13 following their swap as part of the Aaron Rodgers deal -- but if you're looking for a Thursday night surprise, this could be it. -- Miller

One of the following, OR trade down.

This has to be a no brainer for JD.

Skornonski (Not happening as he is the best offensive player in the draft and will be gone)

Paris Johnson

Broderick Jones

Darnell Wright

Also want to say.... With not much difference in this draft between round one and round two, I expect a lot of trade up and down action.  We could see some real wild stuff going on... 

Moderators please temp Ban any tool that starts announcing picks or trades and such from their secret source or twitter before they occur on tv.

Better yet feed them to the gators OR put them in a wood chipper OR force them to work at the Orchids of Asia on a Bob Kraft day.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Moderators please temp Ban any tool that starts announcing picks or trades and such from their secret source or twitter before they occur on tv.

Better yet feed them to the gators OR put them in a wood chipper OR force them to work at the Orchids of Asia on a Bob Kraft day.

***TRADE ALERT***

Jets have just moved down from #13 to #15 as part of a package to trade for Aaron Rodgers.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bahktiari missed 20 games the two MVP seasons and another 6 last year.  T was manned by Zach Tom and Royce Newman their 4th rounders from 2021 and 2022, plus Yosuah Nijman, Ricky Wagner, Billy Turner and Dennis Kelly.   For some reason Jets fans think we need Murderer's Row out there and that the only viable starters are 1st rounders.  If the tackle is the best man up, sure grab him, but the idea another T is some overwhelming need seems a bit farfetched.  

Come on, this is no place for information like that. Obviously the Packers were loaded with first round picks in front of Rodgers and the Jets need to be two deep with first round offensive linemen.

Bahktiari missed 20 games the two MVP seasons and another 6 last year.  T was manned by Zach Tom and Royce Newman their 4th rounders from 2021 and 2022, plus Yosuah Nijman, Ricky Wagner, Billy Turner and Dennis Kelly.   For some reason Jets fans think we need Murderer's Row out there and that the only viable starters are 1st rounders.  If the tackle is the best man up, sure grab him, but the idea another T is some overwhelming need seems a bit farfetched.  

More protection than they offered Zach?  That kid held the ball forever.  You think Rodgers isn't going to be able to fire the ball off?  He is not as young as he was, but he isn't a statue like Brady either.  

With someone who is a master of manipulating the defense with pre-snap adjustments and his eyes and knows how to actually use the pocket, the Jets OL is suddenly going to look...

curb your enthusiasm GIF

I mean they created massive opportunity for Breece when everyone knew they were trying to establish the run. It's only Zach who stunk "because of our OL."

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Peter schrager just posted a mock. 

Pick 13 Green Bay Packers (from NYJ)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Ohio State · WR · Junior

JSN was as good as -- if not better than -- Ohio State teammates Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave in 2021. The Packers didn't draft a single pass catcher in the first round during Aaron Rodgers' entire tenure in Green Bay. Just days after his departure, they pull the trigger.

Pick 14 New England Patriots

Zay Flowers

Boston College · WR · Senior

A gamebreaker who can play inside, outside and contribute on special teams. The Patriots need points, points, points. Zay helps.

Pick 15 New York Jets (from GB)

Lukas Van Ness

Iowa · Edge · Sophomore (RS)

I believe the Jets would love for one of the top offensive linemen to fall to them. And that could come to fruition tonight. I don't see Darnell Wright as a fit for New York. So, with Paris Johnson Jr., Peter Skoronski and Broderick Jones off the board here, Joe Douglas takes another pass rusher in Van Ness.

basically worst case scenario.  Edge rusher. I mean normally I’m jumping up and down but it would feel disappointing this year. 

I'd be upset if we missed out on JSN and had to take LVN.  But if we paired him with JFM, then practice would certainly be interesting against AVT.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just a heads up to those who joined the site after last years draft…. If you’re online and get a selection before it’s announced on tv, please post it here asap.

It’s a great way to make new friends!

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

New guys are like…

Confused Brian Orakpo GIF by The Roku Channel

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd be upset if we missed out on JSN and had to take LVN.  But if we paired him with JFM, then practice would certainly be interesting against AVT.

Have we done an all-acronym all-time team thread?  Feels like something for the slow time after the draft.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

One of the following, OR trade down.

This has to be a no brainer for JD.

Skornonski (Not happening as he is the best offensive player in the draft and will be gone)

Paris Johnson

Broderick Jones

Darnell Wright

Also want to say.... With not much difference in this draft between round one and round two, I expect a lot of trade up and down action.  We could see some real wild stuff going on... 

Skoronski is a Guard. 

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Peter schrager just posted a mock. 

Pick 13 Green Bay Packers (from NYJ)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Ohio State · WR · Junior

JSN was as good as -- if not better than -- Ohio State teammates Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave in 2021. The Packers didn't draft a single pass catcher in the first round during Aaron Rodgers' entire tenure in Green Bay. Just days after his departure, they pull the trigger.

Pick 14 New England Patriots

Zay Flowers

Boston College · WR · Senior

A gamebreaker who can play inside, outside and contribute on special teams. The Patriots need points, points, points. Zay helps.

Pick 15 New York Jets (from GB)

Lukas Van Ness

Iowa · Edge · Sophomore (RS)

I believe the Jets would love for one of the top offensive linemen to fall to them. And that could come to fruition tonight. I don't see Darnell Wright as a fit for New York. So, with Paris Johnson Jr., Peter Skoronski and Broderick Jones off the board here, Joe Douglas takes another pass rusher in Van Ness.

basically worst case scenario.  Edge rusher. I mean normally I’m jumping up and down but it would feel disappointing this year. 

Van Ness would be great.

Rumor was that GB wanted Jermaine Johnson, maybe send him over after we are guaranteed LVN and get some capital back!!!!

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Darnell Wright or Bro Jones and don't look Back.

Mekhi/DB at LT, rookie OT at RT, Mitchell at reserve with whoever loses out at LT. Laken, McG/Rookie OC and AVT. THATS a good O-line.  

How sad is it that we are already rooting for a LT after drafting the franchise LT couple years ago? 

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

he is the top rated tackle in the draft.  

Yup. Played Center in high school, was considered a 5 star recruit, then at northwestern played LT and he’s known as “the wall”.  He’s AVT. having 2 of them is a dream 

• Upvote 3