Done with this franchise

Facts

1 hour ago, WILLY said:

one of the worst picks in jets draft history?  Really?

Round 1, Pick No. 6: DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State (2006)

Round 1, Pick 9; Dee Milliner, CB,  (2013)

Round 1, Pick 20, Darron Lee, LB (2016)

Round 1, Pick 18, Calvin Pryor, S, (2014)

Round 1, Pick 9, Kyle Brady, TE (1995)

Need I continue?

I didnt mean that regarding the player.  He may be great.  That doesnt mean it wasnt the worst pick ever as it was not a need.  You had the opportunity to get aaron rodgers the best receiver in the drsft and you blew it.

We are now 1 garrett wilson injury away from the season being over.

An all time bone headed blunder by Joe D.

What have you done Joe Douglas?  What have you done??

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

20 hours ago, Facts said:

First, trading a 1st round and 2nd rounder on a 40 year old rental QB.

Then wasting a top pick on a rotational edge guy?

Thats 3 high picks wasted.

Im done with this franchise.

After the last couple of days in Jets-Land, I thought we would finally get a well-deserved rest from the "Done with This Franchise" posts.

Silly me, what was I thinking?

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Rodgers is playing 2 years unless he loses a limb. All the money got pushed forward read the tea leaves bro.

The pass rusher looks good and Lawsons on his way out ... cheap good pass rushers still on their rookie contract 2 years from now in JJ and Mcdonald looks good... kinda like vision.

Your hyperbolic melodramatic hysterics are making me look like an optimist... very off brand. Stop it.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

I love Op’s main point that Rodgers is just a rental qb - we had no qb prior to executing the trade

Would you rather rent a nice house or be homeless?  Would you rather rent a nice car and be able to get around or not have a car at all?

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Facts said:

If this is your breaking point. Its honestly better for your mental health to **** off now 

• Haha 1

Ah, the thread that keeps on giving.  Just what I needed to cheer me up since I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.  :) Maybe we'll strike pay dirt on day three. 

Nah, we have Rodgers so it's going to be a good season no matter what else.  Go Jets!   

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

Ah, the thread that keeps on giving.  Just what I needed to cheer me up since I'm a bit underwhelmed so far.  :) Maybe we'll strike pay dirt on day three. 

Nah, we have Rodgers so it's going to be a good season no matter what else.  Go Jets!   

You cant be upset with Tippman though.  Center was a major need and we got the best one in the draft.  It was a homerun pick.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You can do this on every player in the draft.  Tippman is a homerun.  Best player in the draft at this position.

It just looks to me that he is not plug and play.  He'll definitely need to be coached up.   

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Biggs said:

JD draft pick was incredibly smart.  He just proved the picks he gave up to get Rodgers have very little real value.  

Funny.  Unless you like what JD is doing.  
Again. 
You have you opinion, I have mine.  We don’t agree 

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I didnt mean that regarding the player.  He may be great.  That doesnt mean it wasnt the worst pick ever as it was not a need.  You had the opportunity to get aaron rodgers the best receiver in the drsft and you blew it.

We are now 1 garrett wilson injury away from the season being over.

An all time bone headed blunder by Joe D.

What have you done Joe Douglas?  What have you done??

He didn’t need a WR, just because you recognize his name, he didn’t need to be drafted.  
There’s only one injury that ends the season, that’s to Rodgers.  No Wilson. 

On 4/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Facts said:

Missed a fact. JD blew it by trading back from13 to 15 and missing out on the blue chip tackle he thought was going to be there for months.  Unacceptable mistake. 

• More Ugh 1

It just looks to me that he is not plug and play.  He'll definitely need to be coached up.   
Let's hope there's some sort of training session or something planned before the games start in Sept.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:33 PM, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Yeah getting a first ballot hof QB and the next John Abraham sucks. Woody is such an idiot. 

Jets conspiracy theorists probably think Adam Gase is telling woody who to draft. 

Stop it 

Giving up what we did for Rodgers doesn't make sense and is inexcusable. Not giving up yet like OP.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

53 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Giving up what we did for Rodgers doesn't make sense and is inexcusable. Not giving up yet like OP.

The team is built to win now... What other realistic choice did they have? Zach obviously isn't ready. Douglas wasn't trading up for a QB. 

I liked Levis a lot, but then you don't get tippman. 

What's the alternative?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

The team is built to win now... What other realistic choice did they have? Zach obviously isn't ready. Douglas wasn't trading up for a QB. 

I liked Levis a lot, but then you don't get tippman. 

What's the alternative?

Clearly he expected JD to commit career seppuku when the season went down in flames due to the 6th year in a row of league-worst QB play.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:38 PM, WILLY said:

one of the worst picks in jets draft history?  Really?

Round 1, Pick No. 6: DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State (2006)

Round 1, Pick 9; Dee Milliner, CB,  (2013)

Round 1, Pick 20, Darron Lee, LB (2016)

Round 1, Pick 18, Calvin Pryor, S, (2014)

Round 1, Pick 9, Kyle Brady, TE (1995)

Need I continue?

The worst pick in jet history is currently on the roster

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The worst pick in jet history is currently on the roster

He’s a good kid give him a chance not his fault the OL was bad put him on the chiefs he’s a bro bowler obviously Jets ruined him

Tired Baby GIF

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We will leave a light on for you.

Kind of ironic though, that Aaron Rodgers was the breaking point lol.

U need to impose a lifetime ban on anyone that starts a thread like this. Help them be truly done if that is what they wish. The Dr Kevorkian of football forum admins, if you will...

20 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Oh please. We gave up a 2nd and probably a 1st for a guy who plays the most important position on the field at a very high level and who won 2 of the last 3 MVP's. We received more in return when we traded a box safety to Seattle. 

• Upvote 1