Advertising Free Forum Experience

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yeah when they wanted to pay 6 figures for the site I told them no thanks.

The cool thing about this subscription option is that nobody gets any of the information. It won't feed an email list, won't be sold to any third parties and just removes ads for anyone interested.  :)

What’s the difference between being a registered user and a subscription(moolah?)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, LSJF said:

What’s the difference between being a registered user and a subscription(moolah?)

Registered Users see ads.

Anyone that doesn't want to see ads can subscribe to remove them.

This move to the Invision cloud is going to cost an additional $229 a month. In exchange we get Live Events, iPhone notifications and a steady stream of new features as they release them.

No pressure for people to change anything though.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Alternative offer to those who don’t want to pay to read Zach Wilson fellators, Jamal Adams hagiographers, or woke Aaron Rodgers criticsheeps: if you want to subscribe just to my posts and nobody else’s, it’s a lean 99 cents per month. You too can be the spiciest meatball with the hottest takes around the water cooler on Mondays. Consider it “investment gold.” Link in bio. 

Dude if we made your posts subscription only, the price would have to be way more than 99 cents a month. Not even kidding.

19 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Was this a busier site than JI? Never ventured over to here until the Scout debacle

Max knows the details. I believe this site had a further reaching social media presence that Scout was looking to exploit. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, slats said:

The record should reflect that had @Maxman sold out, JI never would’ve been approached. They wanted one site per team, and this was their first choice for the Jets. 

This is a good point. I have told this story before, but during the meeting at Rockefeller center I decided I wasnt going to let them ruin this site. I actually brought up ji before I left.

I hoped they would buy them. No way did I think it would be as bad as it was and put them under within two years. Crazy.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is a good point. I have told this story before, but during the meeting at Rockefeller center I decided I wasnt going to let them ruin this site. I actually brought up ji before I left.

I hoped they would buy them. No way did I think it would be as bad as it was and put them under within two years. Crazy.

Not sure I've ever mentioned this in the forums before but the JI/Scout thing was crazy to me.  I'd been active on JI until it went down the sh*tter.  Then oddly enough, when I logged off one day and thought i'd take a few weeks away, I got the "hey, come check out JetNation" email and never looked back.

Then when I started writing for the site, one of the first calls I ever made to @Maxman he told me this crazy story about how scout had just made him an offer that he turned down and he'd hoped JI would take.

I was convinced he knew it was in the works because I kid you not, the following morning I had an email in my inbox announcing the merger of JI and scout.  I was convinced Max knew.  What were the odds of him saying all of this to me as the emails were being sent out to announce the merger?  Crazy coincidence and glad things went the way they did.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Alternative offer to those who don’t want to pay to read Zach Wilson fellators, Jamal Adams hagiographers, or woke Aaron Rodgers criticsheeps: if you want to subscribe just to my posts and nobody else’s, it’s a lean 99 cents per month. You too can be the spiciest meatball with the hottest takes around the water cooler on Mondays. Consider it “investment gold.” Link in bio. 

For that kind of money I'm going to expect a lot more content out of you.  

No more half assing it on a Wednesday night! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe it’s just me or I’m so used to ads but they don’t bother me.  And I understand that there are costs involved with keeping this place afloat so I totally get the need for their presence here.  

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That's great, and if everyone used it we would have to shut down the site in about 3 months. So thanks for mentioning it LOL.

Well that’s much nicer than my initial thought about that  post. I’m gonna go drink some camomile tea and eat a couple Bundt cakes. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So we can hear how great Idzyk and Mangini were? You should be paying us for that 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, slats said:

The record should reflect that had @Maxman sold out, JI never would’ve been approached. They wanted one site per team, and this was their first choice for the Jets. 

Wait so maxman is not making any money from this website and all the traffic? Oh man crazy. You should def let it make you money. Ads are no big deal

Was a registered user over at NYjetsfan.com in the early 2000’s. I had been mostly a lurker here until they went away. Im in a couple of Facebook groups and they aren’t nearly as good. Grew up using message boards. Respect for keeping the site up and providing, in my opinion, the best site jets site on the internet. Whatever you need to do to keep the site going is good with me. 

• Upvote 2