OFFICIAL: HARD KNOCKS

Bronx

I'm indifferent.

Obviously any extra content like this i'm gonna be excited to watch. It is what is. I love this team.

However, it does feel a bit disrespectful as the NFL essentially forced them to do it. Adamantly going against how the team felt about it. 

• Upvote 1

The National Football League has agreed to a multi-year extension with WarnerMedia's HBO to keep exclusive rights to the network's Hard Knocks show. Industry sources tell CNBC the deal is a four-year pact.Jun 18, 2020

wonder if it gets renewed. 

Michael Clemons pausing and then giving one-word answers to the film crews is going to be the best part of the show.  Honestly, all the players should do it and make HBO look like a bunch of buffoons.  It would be far more entertaining than anything else they might do.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Michael Clemons pausing and then giving one-word answers to the film crews is going to be the best part of the show.  Honestly, all the players should do it and make HBO look like a bunch of buffoons.  It would be far more entertaining than anything else they might do.

When it's over, the entirety of Clemons' dialogue will have been "no", "yes",  and a small variety of other one word replies.

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I don’t know the rules on this, but could Woody have refused this?

No.  Despite the tough negotiators here that would have said no , that’s not an option.  That’s why they came up with a criteria if there are no volunteers.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The former is my guess.  Hopefully the league gave us something in return for this concession but I doubt it.

Either way:  I'm excited!  Even if the org isn't.  Let's have some fun.

The league has been sticking it to the Jets ever since they got Rodgers.

Friday night game with a Thursday night game as well, 2 sh*tty games on short rest injury issues aplenty.

Half the home games are at night very glad I don’t have my season tickets still.

Hopefully the Jets can stay healthy through this crap and shove right down the entire NFL’s throats.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Friday night game with a Thursday night game as well, 2 sh*tty games on short rest injury issues aplenty.

Half the home games are at night very glad I don’t have my season tickets still.

Hopefully the Jets can stay healthy through this crap and shove right down the entire NFL’s throats.

Actually, they have the #1 rest advantage vs opponents this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Couldn't agree more.  It's an absolute embarrassment how crappy we get treated. 

Having MNF on the opening week is also terrible.  We don't need the extra day of rest on week 1 and we go into week 2 on short rest.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Oh my god I'm so mad right now. Literally shaking.

it's a joke ya twats, I'm looking forward to watching.

I’m gonna tell your wife’s boyfriend all about this.

• WTF? 1

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The NFL regards prime time games as an honor, not as a punishment.  From their point of view, they are honoring the Jets.

Exactly this.  I'm personally not a fan of it at all, and have always preferred Sunday 1pm games, but the NFL is doing this because they see the Jets as a potential money machine for them this year.  It's definitely not meant to be anything against the team at all.

It's the same reason everyone knew it was going to be the Jets on Hard Knocks the moment the Rodgers trade went through.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  It's an absolute embarrassment how crappy we get treated. 

Having MNF on the opening week is also terrible.  We don't need the extra day of rest on week 1 and we go into week 2 on short rest.

Counterargument - the Jets play 10 of their 17 games this year in their building, including games against three of their toughest non-divisional opponents (Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers). Also, don't "good" teams usually get primetime games at home? 

It's time to ball. No excuses!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Counterargument - the Jets play 10 of their 17 games this year in their building, including games against three of their toughest non-divisional opponents (Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers). Also, don't "good" teams usually get primetime games at home? 

It's time to ball. No excuses!

When was the last time the Jets were ACTUALLY good?

The NFL is projecting and IMO it’s giving a team that hasn’t won sh*t in 12 years a disadvantage for possibly being good.

• More Ugh 1

54 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Exactly this.  I'm personally not a fan of it at all, and have always preferred Sunday 1pm games, but the NFL is doing this because they see the Jets as a potential money machine for them this year.  It's definitely not meant to be anything against the team at all.

It's the same reason everyone knew it was going to be the Jets on Hard Knocks the moment the Rodgers trade went through.

The NFL is gonna get the exact opposite if A Rodgers isn’t healthy.

They will be stuck with the Jets in games NOBODY wants to watch.

Very stupid.

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

When was the last time the Jets were ACTUALLY good?

The NFL is projecting and IMO it’s giving a team that hasn’t won sh*t in 12 years a disadvantage for possibly being good.

What's the disadvantage? 9 of their 17 games are home games and a 10th is a "road" game against the Giants at MetLife.

In your OP, you mentioned:

1) Two games on short rest (2 out of 17 is not exactly a lot and one of them is in week 2 when the team should still be quire fresh)

2) A Friday game (that gives the Jets extra rest for the following week, btw)

3) Home night games (since when are night games at home a disadvantage?)

Meanwhile, as per usual, the entire division basically plays the same schedule. The only thing you can really point to is that our first 6 games are brutal. But, the other side of the coin is that our schedule is manageable after that and we have a bunch of our toughest games at home (and a lot of home games, in general). Again, I think you are seeing what you want to see. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

What's the disadvantage? 9 of their 17 games are home games and a 10th is a "road" game against the Giants at MetLife.

In your OP, you mentioned:

1) Two games on short rest (2 out of 17 is not exactly a lot and one of them is in week 2 when the team should still be quire fresh)

2) A Friday game (that gives the Jets extra rest for the following week)

3) Home night games (since when are night games at home a disadvantage?)

Meanwhile, as per usual, the entire division basically plays the same schedule. The only thing you can really point to is that our first 6 games are brutal. But, the other side of the coin is that our schedule is manageable after that and we have a bunch of our toughest games at home (and a lot of home games, in general). Again, I think you are seeing what you want to see. 

The teams we and our division plays was never part of the discussion your putting that out there.

Let’s go see the Jets record outside of 1 PM games the last 25 years?

NOBODY in the NFL should play on a Thursday or Friday after playing the prior Sunday, having to do it twice is a HUGE disadvantage.

Most times when the NFL projects a team to be good with this kind of schedule it turns into a sh*t show for both the team and the league.

If Rodgers gets hurt in the preseason you think the NFL wouldn’t want a complete redo of the Jets schedule?

We also have to play the stupid HOF game, and Hardknocks.  Way to much sh*t going on for one season for a team that has rarely been good.  It’s a set up for failure.

Yes IMO and I identify as the person correct in this discussion.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Let’s go see the Jets record outside of 1 PM games the last 25 years?

I get the apprehension, but in all seriousness, what does this have to do with this year's team? 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

NOBODY in the NFL should play on a Thursday or Friday after playing the prior Sunday, having to do it twice is a HUGE disadvantage..

I don't disagree that there shouldn't be any Thursday or Friday games, but that would only be a "disadvantage" if the Jets play appreciably more Thursday/Friday games than any other NFL team. But they don't. FYI, just from a quick look at the schedule, the Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks, and Saints all play twice on Thursday. Also, while the Thursday and Friday games suck in the moment, they DO give the teams playing them extra rest for the following week.

Once more, please explain how the Jets playing once on Thursday and once on Friday is a "disadvantage" compared to the rest of the league. 

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If Rodgers gets hurt in the preseason you think the NFL wouldn’t want a complete redo of the Jets schedule?

Yes, losing the star QB for the season would tank the season and we would be the Broncos of last year, playing out the string on national TV. This can also be said for any number of teams. Let's hope Rodgers stays healthy. I'm genuinely unaware of how this connects to your contention that the Jets have been unfairly disadvantaged by the NFL. Maybe you can enlighten me? 

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

We also have to play the stupid HOF game, and Hardknocks.  Way to much sh*t going on for one season for a team that has rarely been good.  It’s a set up for failure.

Oh no! The Hall of Fame game! What ever will we do?!?!?!?! LOL. It's an exhibition. It's going to be ok. Really. 

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes IMO and I identify as the person correct in this discussion.

How very 2023 of you! 

• Upvote 1