OFFICIAL: HARD KNOCKS

Bronx

11 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m pumped for this it should be fun. And for those of you saying it’s a distraction and could hurt the team: If that’s the case then they were already a weak group of players anyway and going nowhere. 

Most teams have subpar seasons coming out of hard knocks and many have poor starts to the season. No hard knocks team has ever been to a SB. Ironically, I think the Jets with Rex Ryan had the most success of any team coming out of hard knocks 

• More Ugh 1

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The Jets have essentially been running their own version of Hard Knocks every offseason for like 3 years now.

I don’t think it’s nearly the distraction that many are making it out to be.

This, professional athletes in this day and age have to be completely comfortable with being  “always on” from a media and social media standpoint…it’s almost part of your contract as a professional. If you can’t handle it, you’re not that good to begin with
I’m going to enjoy it 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Look at the selection criteria. You might be pointing out a case of correlation without causation.

Excellent point - which is why I hate the show even more. It seems like the point is to “punish” these teams or does the NFL view it as positive publicity? Why continually pick on teams that are subpar? Why not show a top caliper team.  I would love the NFL force BB and the Patriots to do it - that would be entertainment- but they won’t. 

For everyone saying that Hard Knox is the same as 1JD ... Wrong.

1JD is a propaganda machine. .. Hard Knox is more objective film making.

The disruption day to day may be non existent or similar to 1JD. But the episodes air weekly and you can bet the players are watching avidly.

I love it .. it more entertainment for us fans ! But don't ignore the possibilities here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People who hate Rodgers aren't going to tune in.  But those who are on the fence about him will love him after this.  Calling it now.  He's been nothing but a great citizen since arriving in NY and that will continue to be on full display.

DGAF. As long as they show him sweaty, shirtless and running his fingers through his hair I’m good. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Most teams have subpar seasons coming out of hard knocks and many have poor starts to the season. No hard knocks team has ever been to a SB. Ironically, I think the Jets with Rex Ryan had the most success of any team coming out of hard knocks 

Probably because most qualifying teams missed the playoffs two years in a row.

Vegas didn’t change the odds on the jets winning the superbowl yesterday.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

For everyone saying that Hard Knox is the same as 1JD ... Wrong.

1JD is a propaganda machine. .. Hard Knox is more objective film making.

The disruption day to day may be non existent or similar to 1JD. But the episodes air weekly and you can bet the players are watching avidly.

I love it .. it more entertainment for us fans ! But don't ignore the possibilities here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

HBO cannot release anythng that the Jets do not sign off on.  So it is more similar to 1JD Drive then you think.

21 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Sucks they got forced to but whatever. I'll watch it obviously because it's my favorite team. Plus it'll be cool to see some of the storylines like Breece's rehab and the joint practices. Plenty to like about this as a fan. 

Definitely pumped to watch rehab segments.

• Haha 1

Hard Knox should have stopped after the Rex Ryan Jets.  Like most reality shows, they start out as honest and entertaining shows with truly candid moments.  In short order, they morph into a batch of people mugging for the camera and manufacturing drama.  No thanks.  

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Excellent point - which is why I hate the show even more. It seems like the point is to “punish” these teams or does the NFL view it as positive publicity? Why continually pick on teams that are subpar? Why not show a top caliper team.  I would love the NFL force BB and the Patriots to do it - that would be entertainment- but they won’t. 

I think it's more of a way to reward success than punish suck. If any team complains, now the NFL can say "If you don't want to be on the show, go win ******* games."

Still think participating teams should get a conditional draft pick (maybe a 3rd) for any real or perceived disruption. That would preempt a lot of resistance.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets fans would complain if they won the powerball.  The disease is too funny.

We hold the longest current major sports playoff drought. Forgive us for not being happy about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

17 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets media taking a not so subtle shot at Hard Knocks?

"One Jets Drive, you have to check that out it is fantastic"

Please let the first training camp brawl be between 1JD producers and Hard Knocks producers.

Looking for a steady Hard Knocks diet on the following:

* Can OL withstand the Jets DL & PR when the pads go on and open up holes

* RB competition 

* Rodgers communication/rapport with the OL and moving the ball on this Defense

* DL/Edge competition 

What we most likely will get a steady of instead:

* Trying to egg on Becton to blowup the locker room about LT, weight & knee issues                                                                             

* If he’s not released/traded… Mims

* Rodgers vaccination views & ayahuasca

* Sauce vs. GW

* Saleh sound bites

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:39 AM, jgb said:

I think it's more of a way to reward success than punish suck. If any team complains, now the NFL can say "If you don't want to be on the show, go win ******* games."

Still think participating teams should get a conditional draft pick (maybe a 3rd) for any real or perceived disruption. That would preempt a lot of resistance.

I think that conditional draft pick is a great idea if the NFL is truly trying to boost the weaker teams

• Upvote 1

Just watching Sauce talk about Hard Knocks in his interview that I posted on the thread about him ( Sauce in a world all his own) and I'm left feeling very confident that this will be a positive experience for the team. He felt it could be great adversity that will help mentally to go through the distractions together as he  rattled off all the leaders A-Rod, CJ Mosely, Q, DJ Reed as well as himself to keep it tight. 

His interview is worth the watch!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

I think that conditional draft pick is a great idea if the NFL is truly trying to boost the weaker teams

That would be one consequence but I was really thinking from a Machiavellian perspective as a way for the league to reduce bitching.

4 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Just watching Sauce talk about Hard Knocks in his interview that I posted on the thread about him ( Sauce in a world all his own) and I'm left feeling very confident that this will be a positive experience for the team. He felt it could be great adversity that will help mentally to go through the distractions together as he  rattled off all the leaders A-Rod, CJ Mosely, Q, DJ Reed as well as himself to keep it tight. 

His interview is worth the watch!

So you’re saying… he’s a good kid? Let’s see what happens when he holds out in 2025 demanding to be paid highest at his position.

On 7/12/2023 at 8:20 PM, Cyberjet said:

Have any teams that would have met the requirement for an obligatory hard knocks appearance ever gone to the super bowl? I don't know, but I would be surprised if there are many--if any--in the entire NFL history.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Have any teams that would have met the requirement for an obligatory hard knocks appearance ever gone to the super bowl? I don't know, but I would be surprised if there are many--if any--in the entire NFL history.

Correlation ≠ causation. But there is a reason conspiracy theories are at epidemic proportions these days.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Correlation ≠ causation. But there is a reason conspiracy theories are at epidemic proportions these days.

Well the Jets are a bit of a safe haven from the world's madness.

Why Jets fans want less Jets coverage is baffling to me. Hard Knocks has never been a hatchet job. The worst thing they really did was the cuts but they have toned that down for the most part. 

The Lions version last season was almost all positive.

I think it will be awesome. And the SB argument is just dumb. It's like saying a qualifier has never won Wimbledon. If you are showing teams that didn't even make the playoffs the previous year the odds on making the SB is miniscule.

However, in the Jets case the two times we will have been on, I think we are the most ascending teams they have featured and the last time we made the AFC championship game 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Well the Jets are a bit of a safe haven from the world's madness.

Why Jets fans want less Jets coverage is baffling to me. Hard Knocks has never been a hatchet job. The worst thing they really did was the cuts but they have toned that down for the most part. 

The Lions version last season was almost all positive.

I think it will be awesome. And the SB argument is just dumb. It's like saying a qualifier has never won Wimbledon. If you are showing teams that didn't even make the playoffs the previous year the odds on making the SB is miniscule.

However, in the Jets case the two times we will have been on, I think we are the most ascending teams they have featured and the last time we made the AFC championship game 

No hot dog vendor has ever won the PowerBall jackpot. Hot dog stands must be unlucky.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So you’re saying… he’s a good kid? Let’s see what happens when he holds out in 2025 demanding to be paid highest at his position.

Yes I think that's true along with him not being afraid to step up up as a leader as he did in his rookie year which is quite rare. 

Let's enjoy the ride of a very rare, hopeful 2023 year for our NY Jets. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/13/2023 at 4:55 AM, redlichtie said:

This, professional athletes in this day and age have to be completely comfortable with being  “always on” from a media and social media standpoint…it’s almost part of your contract as a professional. If you can’t handle it, you’re not that good to begin with
I’m going to enjoy it 

They taking this way to hard. Just enjoy the ride. Make fun of the whole thing. They need to lighten up and embrace the attention. Did they think acquiring Rodgers would go unnoticed and overlooked? Even Aaron, especially Aaron, needs to get bold and be the team’s spokesman here so others follow suit. “Yeah we like the ‘86 Mets baby. We gonna Rock n Roll. That’s why we got picked for this show over any other team. You got an issue with that, too bad! I wanna ROCK!”. 

On 7/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, IndianaJet said:

Jets media taking a not so subtle shot at Hard Knocks?

"One Jets Drive, you have to check that out it is fantastic"

Please let the first training camp brawl be between 1JD producers and Hard Knocks producers.

Stealth driver AND a chicken wing swing????

I don't think I like him anymore...