OFFICIAL: HARD KNOCKS

Bronx

On 7/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Woody is so weak. Or maybe he wants this. Not sure which one is worse. The Jets often seem to not be 100% focused on winning. 

Why would any owner not want this?

The coaches absolutely don't want this? 

The owner however can print even more money, especially with this year's off season headlines.  Jets have been in the forefront in the media since what, March?  

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

Why would any owner not want this?

The coaches absolutely don't want this? 

The owner however can print even more money, especially with this year's off season headlines.  Jets have been in the forefront in the media since what, March?  

IMO there is more correlation to poor NFL teams to hard knocks than good teams.  Im sure Bellickek would and has pushed HARD to not be on hard knocks. 

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

IMO there is more correlation to poor NFL teams to hard knocks than good teams.  Im sure Bellickek would and has pushed HARD to not be on hard knocks. 

Pretty sure only sh*t teams can go on hard knocks.  Something about playoff record. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

To be forced into hard knocks a team has to miss two consecutive years of playoffs which hasn't happened since 99/00 so no lobbying necessary on his part--yet. If NE misses again this year they would become eligible for mandatory appearance unless he quits. (You can't be forced onto the show with a first year coach.) I would imagine there would be a lot of interest from fans to see the inner workings of the supposed GOAT HC, even if it's heavily edited. I'm sure him and Kraft would fight extremely hard to avoid it though.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

The crappier teams end up on Hard Knocks because they fit the criteria to get on the show.  

For the record, the NFL Films "A Football Life" started with Belichick who gave NFL Films unrestricted access to his 2009 season, inside and outside of his offices, which led to some of the best, most insightful raw footage they ever received. 

This production wasn't even announced until it came out a year later. But that was NFL Films, which BB has a history with, not HBO.

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If Pats don’t make playoffs this year they’ll be top of the list for Hard Knocks next year. You just know NFL has been waiting forever to have them on it. But then I bet Belly would “retire” as HC and become some sort of “team consultant” so that Pats will have a new HC and then be ineligible again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, Beerfish said:

This will be twisted to make the jets look bad no matter what happens.

To be fair Jets usually do a fine job of making themselves look bad without any help.

Anyway, Hard Knocks is affiliated with the league and thus “protect the shield” is also their mission statement. HK is not a hatchet job.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

They taking this way to hard. Just enjoy the ride. Make fun of the whole thing. They need to lighten up and embrace the attention. Did they think acquiring Rodgers would go unnoticed and overlooked? Even Aaron, especially Aaron, needs to get bold and be the team’s spokesman here so others follow suit. “Yeah we like the ‘86 Mets baby. We gonna Rock n Roll. That’s why we got picked for this show over any other team. You got an issue with that, too bad! I wanna ROCK!”. 

Love the 86 Mets reference!  This team has that feel that's brewing, but can they deliver?  I feel we now have similar savvy vets and super confident and talented youth who scream potential rather then Same old Jets...

Best part of the 86 team was the ride over the course of the season with different guys stepping up each week in making it one you can't forget!  Strawberry, Carter, Mookie, Lenny D, Hernandez, Kevin Mitchel... not even mentioning the insane deep pitching...

Think Hard Knocks is setting up to chronicle lightning in a bottle!

• Upvote 1

The last three seasons of the original series (2020, 2021, and 2022) debuted in the second week of August, with last year’s season premiere airing on August 9, 2022. All three seasons consisted of five episodes. Based on the above info, we expect Hard Knocks 2023 to premiere Tuesday, August 8, 2023, on HBO and Max.

• Upvote 1

Jul 12, 2023

Go all-access with Aaron Rodgers and the 2023 Jets on the newest season of One Jets Drive presented by JetBlue. The journey begins on Monday, Aug. 7.

Jets will have a small chance to spin any negative cringy stories 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I watched the first season, which I believe had the Super Bowl winning Ravens, and the Jets' year. 

I watched when Rex and the Jets were on and haven't watched a single episode since. I didn't want them to be on it but I also don't think it's a big deal. 

This is great news for the fans. For the coaching staff, it is a minor to moderate nuisance. To the front office, especially one with a social media team like the Jets have, it is at least a moderate nuisance. While I will enjoy the insights as a fan, I would rather the coaching staff and front office did not have to deal with it.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@pointman Schefter noted today that HBO will not be allowed in the room by the Jets coaches to show players being cut.

Your dream of watching Ashtyn Davis' Jets career end will NOT be televised.  :( 

I like that. Especially this year when they will cut  30+ players at the same time.  So the Jets are setting boundaries. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@pointman Schefter noted today that HBO will not be allowed in the room by the Jets coaches to show players being cut.

Your dream of watching Ashtyn Davis' Jets career end will NOT be televised.  :( 

This is some serious bullsh*t. Its not right. Every other team shows it but we are above it? Stop the elitism!

• Haha 3

Hard Knocks will feature the Jets, and some people around here are worried that this will be a distraction. Meanwhile, Netflix was given unprecedented access to Patrick Mahomes on and off the field last year and he was SB MVP. Also, the coaches were upset about HK being a distraction; meanwhile the franchise will concurrently be putting out their own 1JD every week.

This is all great news. I can't get enough of the 2023 Jets. I've been waiting for a season with an actual QB and chance to win something since 2008. Give me all the content - HK, 1JD. Hell, I hope next year it comes out that Aaron Rodgers will be featured as one of the three QBs on the Netflix show. Lets ******* go.

• Upvote 2