Day One #JetsCamp Reports

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So Becton is listed as the 3rd strong LT?

He is not listed as anything yet.  But it sounds to me like the CS is trying to send him a message.  You want to be the LT, we have two 8+ year vets on this team, you need to earn it.  And I hope he does.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

He is not listed as anything yet.  But it sounds to me like the CS is trying to send him a message.  You want to be the LT, we have two 8+ year vets on this team, you need to earn it.  And I hope he does.

He should start at 3. He hasn’t played in 2 years and he’s coming off a total knee reconstruction.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Oh he is purely awesome as a LB with terrible terrible mobility numbers.  When he has played his mobility seems to fit his ras.

Mobile really athletic LBS have numbers as good as big safeties,   not stiff, immobile safeties.

And players can improve with training.  Especially they change their bodies from a safeties to a LB.  Those are safety #s

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I was wondering who was at RT.  Was it Turner at LT and him at RT with Rodgers, or was he sitting?  Considering how early in camp and how many bodies there are, I'd be sitting.   I assume they will all be switching around, but the team has to realize how much the press and Hard Knocks will read into all this. 

Yeah it’s annoying nobody coveted it hopefully @KRL saves us.  My guess would be Mitchell. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it wouldn't be all that surprising but Billy Turner is more an emergency choice not necessarily a real LT starter

Good candidate for swing tackle ? That’s what I’ve been thinking for him 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Good candidate for swing tackle ? That’s what I’ve been thinking for him 

right tackle starter is my prediction

at this point it's hard to see how it all works out - someone's getting injured, it's inevitable

i think if the coaches had a perfect world they'd start Brown and Turner. What coach doesn't like vets? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

right tackle starter is my prediction

at this point it's hard to see how it all works out - someone's getting injured, it's inevitable

i think if the coaches had a perfect world they'd start Brown and Turner. What coach doesn't like vets? 

Interesting.   Who would be your swing tackle then ? Mitchell?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Do you understand what the word relative means?

rel·a·tive
adjective
Considered in relation or in proportion to something else.
"the relative effectiveness of the various mechanisms is not known"

Noun
a person connected by blood or marriage, what hillbillies marry

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Interesting.   Who would be your swing tackle then ? Mitchell?

becton could be the swing in that scenario - or traded? 

I'm personally rooting for Becton to start due to upside but they seem to be done with him 

• Upvote 1